Fandoms

I’m a big fan of Walter Moers’ novels. They are so full of great and awesome ideas, I love his books!
What I’m else fan of …
Harry Potter. Yeah, I love everything about that - books, movies, fan forums and fanart.
I also love - how could it be otherwise? - Disney and everything that has to do with it :slight_smile:

Are there any good Regular Show blogs on tumblr you could recommend me? I don’t see enough on my dash!

Yeah, I agree with everything of the above. I’m more used to 24FPS anyway, so I bet if I had watched The Hobbit in that format in 3D, I would’ve been more immersed into the film. The 48FPS kept jarring me out. But yes, by all means, give the 48FPS format a try (when it eventually comes to your “sucky country”, in your own words, heh heh).

Badger: [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWPwfQcPS5sOooooooohhhhhhh…!!![/url]

Watched a few eps, can totally relate to it as the protagonists are about my age (actually, exactly the same - 23) and I’m experiencing that young-adult phase where they’re just beginning to be independent while still acting like kids. And, of course, I like their “bromance”. Thank goodness I haven’t seen any of that shipping stuff yet, because I haven’t really entered the fandom yet, so to speak.

Oh, speaking about Donkey Kong, have you created a thread, Badger? Thought you might wanna see this:
The K. Rool Way

And because I’m a fan of game glitches:
Drowning in air (Banjo-Tooie glitch)

Eve04 - Ooh, I’d love to get a box set of Harry Potter on BluRay one day. And all the books. I was so bummed as a teenager when my folks threw out my HP books. I even had the original Bloomsburry covers with Harry at the train station for Philosopher’s Stone (it’s called that in Commonwealth countries, I know US got “Sorcerer’s”, much like “The Golden Compass” instead of “Northern Lights”), Harry and Ron in the car for Chamber of Secrets and Harry and Hermoine on Buckbeak for Prisoner of Azkaban. Man, those would be collector’s items now! :neutral_face:

A show I’m starting on is the web series Bravest Warriors. I’m reviewing it next week for my paper.

I’m also looking to trying out Pendleton Ward’s other series (Adventure Time!), Littlest Pet Shop (which has a few V.A.s from MLP: FIM), the new Care Bears (only to see what the whole Belly Bros fanboys thing is all about) and Gravity Falls (which looks to me like Up in a serialised format).

^Interesting comparison to Up on Gravity Falls, although I don’t see an insane amount of similarity. Is it the children being friends with an elderly person?

Haha, I think so I’ve only skimmed the Wikipedia summary (I know offhand that it’s about two kids visiting a relative in a rural place and they encounter strange happenings) and heard one or two people rave about it. I haven’t even watched a clip or trailer. :stuck_out_tongue:

Videogame fandom-wise, I’m a fan of the GTA series (I’ve only played GTA III and Vice City Stories on the PSP, but I plan to get GTA IV and GTA V when the latter comes out). I like the crime-themed storyline and the over-the-top humour and parodies of corporations and government agencies (like insurance agency Getalife and the SWAT-style N.O.O.S.E.). And, of course, what can beat a sandbox-style game where you can do anything you want whenever you want?

Saddle up, sugarcube!

I’m also playing Saints Row The Third and Rockstar’s epic western, Red Dead: Redemption.

I have been getting into shoes like Teen Titans and The Powerpuff girls again lately.

At the risk of having my manliness questioned, I’m going to give Littlest Pet Shop a go. It’s by the same channel as My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic and even shares some of the same voice actors! And that dog in the beret looks awfully familiar…

I was never a fan of James Bond, even though I know all about it, as a fan would.

Anyway, the release of Skyfall made me wonder if maybe I’m beginning to be.

tdit, I love Littlest Pet Shop toys, so I’ve been curious to try it myself! Also Pound Puppies…

I love Littlest Pet Shop! …The toys, that is. And then I mean the ones from like, eight years ago. Though still cute-looking, I think they’re a bit too overly stylized and pastel-coloured these days for my taste. (I still collect the skunks and crocodiles though, hah.)

Anyway! Heard some things about the cartoon but didn’t get to see it yet. Personally I’m a bit miffed that they gave such a big role to this Blythe character, who wasn’t even originally in the toy line to begin with. Kind of… makes my childhood cry, y’know? Because whenever I played with my LPS toys, it was just animals on adventures with no humans whatsoever. Blythe just sort of came outta nowhere in the toy line, almost as if Hasbro just threw her in to boost sales or something, and I never really cared about her. I thought the toys’ designs were just too different for them to collaborate.
However, Blythe’s design in the cartoon isn’t nearly as unsettling as the actual toys. I might just watch it. The fact they included a non-stereotypical skunk in the main cast is enough to win me over. :stuck_out_tongue:

(But I still wish Hasbro would give the Fairy Tail Birds (the blue bird in my signature) a revival. I love those birds, dang it.)

Man, I ramble, don’t I?

I’ve recently gotten very much into Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji. It’s in a morally grey area for me :unamused: . But I apparently like it enough to do a Ciel cosplay :sunglasses: . So, here’s my new list:

The Incredibles
X-Men
Teen Titans
My Little Pony
Black Butler
Toph Bie Fong (Haven’t seen a whole episode of Air Bender yet, but I love this girl XD)

And, a list of my favorite characters :stuck_out_tongue:

Pixar/Disney(this includes a lot!)
Studio Ghibli
DC
Marvel
Gargoyles
Star Wars
Harry Potter(I surrender. It’s addictive!)
Tolkein
Teen Titans(I don’t know about the new show. It’s a bit too comedic for my taste.)
MLP:FiM(Beginning to question this based on the season finale, and EG…)

I don’t really consider myself part of the “groups” though. I love these things, but I dislike their fandoms. They “Ship” and argue too much. They have these stupid opinions about things that don’t matter, or pairs that they created. And then they get explosive if you disagree. :unamused:

I’ve found more and more fans that share you opinions, Virginia. I’m kinda that way with MLP. I watch that to relax. I don’t wanna get caught up in pairings and stuff, not that I condemn those who do. I just love the show. It’s nice and simple. Now, with things like TI and BB/Kuro, that I’m more dedicated to, I do get into that stuff. But it is nice just to kick back and enjoy the fandom sometimes.

Sometimes I like canon pairings. But I see it as blasphemy to “ship” and invent pairings. :open_mouth: 8D

Shipping doesn’t have to be bad at all though! It kind of has a name, I do realize. I ship my fair share of things, but it really depends. For me, shipping doesn’t neccesarily amount to characters being intensely romantically involved with each other - just friends and maybe a bit more than that. :stuck_out_tongue: …But yeah, some fandoms are pretty cuckoo about pairings that probably will never happen. As someone who ships Morby (Mordecai x Rigby from Regular Show) and draws 'em a lot together (as their regular blue jay and raccoon selves, not overly prettified humans) I’ve got the strong feeling most of the fandom looks down on me. :laughing: I don’t care, though. I try not to bother people about it and tag my posts containing such accordingly so they can filter it out.

On a completely relevant note, I’ve got a new fandom recently; Viva Piñata! It’s so cute and colourful and also really funny. Both the show and the games, though they’re both really awesome because of different reasons.

The fandom seems pretty divided - there’s the people who like the games and the people who like the cartoon and the games. It’s a standard CGI show, but the graphics are really nice and it’s really funny as well, with a lot of quirky characters. Sometimes it’s pretty emotional as well. Not as much as the previous based-on-a-Rare-game show Donkey Kong Country, but still.

But I recommend people check it out, I mean, after everyone is all over colourful kids’ cartoons like My Little Pony. …Also because it barely has a fandom. D:

Lately, I’ve been getting into some anime recently, so I guess it’s my new fandom. My main ones right now are Lucky Star, Haruhi Suzumiya, and the Pretty Cure franchise.

Is Mattel/Barbie a fandom?

^I don’t see why not! Plenty of people enjoy it. Even if most of the people I interact with who share my interest in Barbies are much older women. 8D But hey, there’s nothing wrong with that.

I mostly interact with doll collectors online, and their ages and genders vary entirely. However, there is one old lady on my street who collects dolls. We talk about them a lot. One day she was having a yard sale, and she gave me a bag of dolls! They were naked, and she said it was my graduation present, but I think that was the best present ever! We found clothes for them anyway.

That is so cool! I wish I knew people who collected dolls in person. A lot of them can be really neat people.