Fandoms

Me too.The first two are great, and even three isn’t as awful as some people make it to be.

I don’t see what’s so bad about the third one. I admit it’s not as good as the first two but it’s still a good film in my opinion.

The third is easily the worst one, but I agree that it’s not quite that awful. It just has some silly/stupid parts, but it’s still entertaining.

My “fandoms” are the following:

1. Pixar
  2. Disney, particularly feature animation
  3. Studio Ghibli
  4. Her Interactive/Nancy Drew PC adventure games (these are better than people think!)

Those are the big ones, the ones I own merchandise from and collect a lot of stuff from. I guess you could say I’m obsessive about them. 8D In the past, I was also part of fandom for Archie comics (even though I never found them very funny, for some odd reason) and this band called Alkaline Trio.

And theeeen there are TV shows I watch somewhat religiously, including “Conan” and “The View.” Okay, so my taste in television, as in scripted series, is pretty good, but I admit that “The View” is a bit of a guilty pleasure that I just can’t not have in my life. For the last 2 years I have seen every episode aired, and it’s a weekday show. Yeeeeah.

Oh, and I forgot Harry Potter. How silly of me!

How about Dreamworks? I don’t like it as mcuhas Pixar but I like it.

Then you probably wouldn’t be a part of the DreamWorks “fandom”. Fandom has more to do with loving the film/TV show/franchise/company and participating in creating fan art, connecting with fellow fans, writing fan fiction, spending time researching the area of interest, and oftentimes, fangirling/fanboying over it. :laughing: (Though the last bit doesn’t always apply. You can still be heavily into a fandom without fangirling, haha.)

I don’t think I’d call myself a part of a fandom if I merely “liked” it, however.

little chef

I have spent time looking up Dreamworks stuff.

I used to do a LOT of Disney fan art in early high school (~6 years ago), but then I started to develop my own voice as an artist and quickly lost interest in doing something that wasn’t completely my own.

I don’t think fandom has to include creating fan art/fiction/etc, but I agree that it should probably involve some kind of obsessiveness. That’s why, even though I collect a lot of movies from Dreamworks, because I’m not an avid follower of them, have never bothered to search for a DWKS fan forum/community, and have zero possessions involving Dreamworks characters, I’m not part of the Dreamworks fandom.

Yeah, you worded it much better than I did, but that’s exactly what I meant. I feel like you have to have a lot of yourself invested in a particular subject or film or whatever in order to profess to being part of that “fandom”.

little chef

There are Dreamworks films I adore, but I feel like for every good film they have, they have one or two bad ones. I wouldn’t say I’m a part of the Dreamworks fandom.

I’m a fan of people on the intenet like Nostalgia Critic, Angry Video Game Nerd, and Irate Gamer.

Lately., I love those too! Mostly NC. Seriously, the man’s a genius.

Most of the things I ever was a fan of, I still I am. Unless I liked it when I was five, and then think it’s dumb now. These are not listed in any order, really just as I think of stuff.

-The Incredibles
-My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
-Batman: The Animated Series
-Gargoyles
-DEFINITELY Toy Story series
-Pixar in general
-Disney movies in general(not to say I like all of them, who does?)
-Disney Princesses <3 (yes, I admit my greatest shame openly, regularly, on the internet. Oh well.)
-How to Train Your Dragon
-Kung Fu Panda(and 2 )
-Kind of Cars 2(don’t hit me!)

I have been really fascinated by/interested in Kim Possible lately, and I watched the movie and some of the episodes. But I can’t say enough to be in the fandom.

I used to be more of a fan of the AVGN then NC. Nut now I’m more of a fan of the NC. I think James had declined a little.

5- A very huge one (my university thesis was about this): The Nolan filmography as a whole, specially, his last four. Greatly anticipating The Dark Knight Rises.

As far as Internet stuff goes, I’m a fan of Rhett and Link, Julian Smith and Charlie Is So Cool Like. Also I’m a big fan of The Ceiling Fan Podcast and The Skit Guys, but I doubt anyone on here has ever heard of either of those.

Besides Pixar I have 3 other main ones and quite a few smaller ones. I’ll just pick on the big 3 for now.

I think we all know I subscribe to the Beatles fandom, which is epic fun. I’m what’s called a 2nd generation fan (meaning I wasnt alive yet when the Beatles were together) so that makes the 1st generation fans happy cuz that lets them know the Beatles Love is continuing on. A lot of people my age I’ve found like them, which I didnt realize till I got to high school and discovered the Classic Rock crowd. Before then I was teased for liking them. There’s Beatles cover/tribute bands to see and conventions to go to. Beatles fandom can lead to other things like an appreciation for 60s music/culture, all things British, Monty Python, other classic rock artists, etc.

I dunno if this counts as a fandom but I am way way into Disney World. I’ve studied maps and guidebooks to the point where I can navigate Magic Kingdom & Epcot without them. I’ve memorized various factoids and can usually let a person know what’s good, what’s not so hot, what’s been changed recently, when an attraction opened, etc. I dont have much direct contact with WDW fanatics so I cant comment on the fandom as whole. I do visit WDWmagic.com and read comments on YouTube so I can tell what the general consensus is on attractions and the changes made to them. There’s a whole subset of “Epcot fanboys” who totally go for vintage Epcot and are very protective of it.

And of course theres my Star Trek fandom which is probably the wackiest world I reside in. I’m relatively new at this one in that I’ve only been a part of this since 2009. I mean you get the full range from stereotypical ones (the kind that get most of the fandom made fun of) to casual ones. Technically there is a difference between Trekker & Trekkie, tho I dont really care what term is used. There’s the conventions, and the costumes, and the fan art, and the fan fiction. Trek fans have picked up a reputation for being nit-pickers which is somewhat justified. I’ve seen them argue and comment on all kinds of things. Then there’s the slashers and shippers. I’ve seen almost every pairing possible, from the normal to the absurd.

1- Harry Potter
2- Star Wars
3- Indiana Jones
4- The Lord of the Rings books and Jackson films (and other Middle Earth books)
5- Tintin
6- Nolan

Update:

7- Hitchcok films. He’s simply one of my favourite filmmakers. I’m actually just back from watching one of his works.

I’ve started to get involved in the Muppet fandom recently.

^ Me too!

Yay!

Some of my fandoms:

*Pixar!
*Stewart/Colbert
*The Avengers
*The Once-ler
*The Office
*Whitest Kids U Know
*History
*Disney
*Silent Film