Favorite American MAJOR City

San Francisco: Or as people in my area call it, the City. It’s beautiful, historical, and there’s so much to do!

New Orleans: I have so much respect for the people of New Orleans, for their hope and pride of their city.Not to mention the cuisine! The French Quarter is a really fun place to be! But the best part of the city is its people.

Ahhh New York City. I just love living here. :slight_smile: So pretty. Never boring.

It is obviously all about Boston :smiley:

To quote my poste in the “Locations” thread.

We started the American Revolution after all :stuck_out_tongue:

Go Sox!

D.C. very nice and historic

Richmond VA. very nice

Williamsburg VA. Very nice and very historical

I really want to go on a trip to Boston and Philadelphia! I am an American Revolution fanatic, so there are so many places I want to see in those cities.

You should definitely make the trip up! You will love it here!

It’s on my to do list! I want to plan a long trip visiting American Revolution points of interest all across the East Coast. The only thing stopping me is $$$$

Yeah it must be really expensive considering the cost of a cross country plane ticket!

I can sure tell you that the Boston area is the most historically rich region for the Revolutionary War in the country.

My home town (just two outside of Boston itself) is home to the birth place of Uncle Sam himself! It is also the location of a battle just one or two days after Lexington (my neighbor) and Concord, which was even bloodier than those two!

Boston Red Sox! My friend went on holiday to Boston last year and watched one of their games. She really likes that city! :slight_smile:

My Top Cities:

1. San Francisco (duh! Anywhere in the bay area is the best! You know why :wink:)
  2. Los Angeles
  3. Las Vegas
  4. Miami
  5. Boston
  6. NYC
  7. Chicago

TBH, I’d like to roadtrip the whole country! I wanna get out there, away from England.

That’s what I’m talking about! And the best part of the Bay Area is the North Bay! East Bay may have Pixar, but the North Bay is where it’s at! As we say here, it’s “Hella sick!”

Yes! I am happy to meet someone else who knows so much about the American Revolution! Books on the subject take up a whole shelf of my bookshelf! I’ll be sure to visit all of those places you mentioned!

Oh and Sox are pretty awesome I guess. But it’s all about the San ''Frisco Giants! :wink:

New York City – Gotta love Broadway, the Night Life, and the HUge Disney store on 5th and 55th Avenue.

Los Angeles – Never actally been there in my 26 years, but the east coast is very beautiful and I want to see some of Hollywood’s famous sites. Been dreaming of it since I was a little kid looking at photgraphs.

New Orleans — Gotta love the Voodoo Communtiy and their food !!!

Chicago. It’s the most awesome place I’ve ever been. <3 I had the most awesome time there a few years ago. I really loved the Shedd Aquarium and the Art Institute and the Adler Planetarium.

DC all the way. Its a smaller, quieter, cleaner and cheaper NYC.

I only like NYC as a friend. Even the nice parts of that city are a little too loud and filthy for me to stay there for too long.

San Francisco… just a few miles from Pixar!

Salt Lake City! Not sure if it counts as major city, but it’s awesome! It’s really beautiful and you could skiing/snowboarding at Park City in the winter!

Also, my current city, Cleveland! Honestly, it’s not SUPER AMAZING or anything, but I do live here, so I have to at least show some loyalty! I’m not gonna pull a Lebron!

Being raised in Chicago (and I still live there), I simply can’t pick any other place in the world that I enjoy more. I have spent a lot of time in New York, and that was wicked sweet, but I couldn’t handle living there all the time (financially and mentally speaking). It’d drive me up the wall. Chicago’s a densely populated city and has stuff to do, but we’re a litttttttle more laid back. Of course, if you compare our traffic to your typical Hicksville, it will be drastically different and all that. But for a city of our size, it’s niiice to be here. My favorite thing is the lakefront.

Im in DC now its nice…

Seeing as I’ve only been to 2 ‘major’ cities (Boston and NYC), I’m gonna have to go with Boston! It’s not like I didn’t enjoy NYC, it was fun, but it’s just a littttle overcrowded for my tastes. And the air quality didn’t do well for my weak New Hampshire lungs. :laughing: Plus the Red Sox are awesome (I was actually just at Fenway a couple weeks ago!), so Boston wins!

Haha, love how the last time I posted on this thread, I was all, “oh, I’d love to go to New York”, and now I’ve been! It’s an amazing city, I’ve never been anywhere else like it, and as it’s the only city I’ve actually been to in America, it has to be my favourite. The lifestyle, the atmosphere…My trip there was the first time I’ve ever been abroad somewhere I’d actually be happy to permanently move to.

The next city I plan on visiting in the US is Seattle and perhaps some other places in the surrounding area, and fingers crossed I’ll be going there next summer. It seems like a very underrated city to me, but I love the look and feel of it, it sounds as if it has quite an arty atmosphere.

My sister went to Seattle for a mission trip a couple of years ago. It’s really beautiful. I don’t know if you like starbucks or are into coffee at all, but apperently a fun place to go there is the very first Starbucks. And I’ve also heard their farmer markets are great as well.