Favorite character

Probably ^^.

Yeah and aside from the points system/scare record…it was just a general unfair environment that would promote jealousy and resentment for Sulley by other employees. Infact if you think about it, it’s rather surprising that Randall was the only employee that was jealous/resentful of Sulley.

This is because Sulley was made employee of the month every single month for a year or more. What organization does this? It’s just not right to only ever reward one employee for their good work. Sure Sulley is always great but other employees try hard too and deserve the recognition sometimes. Staff enjoy working for a company that treats them well and this promotes a better work environment.

Also Mr. Waternoose said to Randall “You’re HALF the scarer Sulley was.” How unfair of a comment is that? Randall was often not far behind Sulley in score points and even surpassed him briefly at one point. So how is he HALF the scarer Sulley is? Being just behind him in points is not being HALF the scarer Sulley is. Not to mention it’s just a rude thing to say to an employee that has always been a hard worker and done his best. Treating someone that way can cause them to have an emotional meltdown. No one likes to feel like the dirt people are walking on when they always try very hard and are certainly not being lazy on the job and earn almost as many points as the person in the number 1 spot.

Not to mention if Mr. Waternoose thinks that Randall is half the scarer Sulley was…what does that say about all the other employees who were even lower than that in score?

Seriously…I’m surprised that there weren’t a ton of employees that were annoyed like Randall because it would only be very natural to be annoyed by the way things were going there. The treatment is just wrong. I did co-op placement for 6 months once in a huge hotel that had a lot of employees and I was doing my co-op in the human resources section(we looked after employees and their problems) and there is no way that we would allow people to be treated the way Randall was. Personally though, I did have to do some pretty crazy tasks when I was there…like photocopy 9 huge binders that had been contaminated by a bathroom leak in our office(yes it was very nasty). At least people were pretty thankful to me for doing it though…but it’s not a task you expect to have to do. lol. (I did wear protective gloves when photocopying that contaminated stuff…they were important documents so we couldn’t just trash them).

Anyway, there was probably no place like that for Randall to complain about rude/unfair treatment, especially because Mr. Waternoose was really the one being unfair and he was the one in charge of everything.

humanresources.about.com/od/rete … plaint.htm

^ Link about some human resources stuff. Notice where it talks about favouritism. I really do feel bad for Randall.

More about employee favouritism:

anonymousemployee.com/csssit … ritism.php

I agree Minty Fresh!

The three leads are tied for me and I really love them all and the chemistry with one another. But probably Boo is the one that makes the film the most for me.

Boo is great ^^.

I couldn’t help but feel bad for Randall for the lack of recognition he got from Waternoose. To add insult to injury, he praised Sullivan (whom he was probably just as good of a scarer as if not better).

Yeah it’s really not right that Sulley would continue to get employee of the month each and every month. I mean sure he’s a good employee and all but corporations are never suppose to continuously give it to the same person. It’s a really bad way to handle employees and creates negative feelings/situations.

I would praise Randall, personally. :wink:

I agree with you, Minty Fresh. It doesn’t shed a good light on a town-dependent company such as Monsters Incorporated that their CEO praises one guy and only awarding him Employee of the Month while other workers just as good as him get ignored.

I would also have praised him, at least as much as Sullivan, or just toned down on the Sullivan praise and acknowledged Randall more.

I wonder if Randall ever found his way back to the human world.

I think he probably would’ve ^^.

I don’t see how he couldn’t. So what was the point was banishing him?

You mean the monster world, right? At the end of Monsters Inc, Sullivan and Mike threw him into a closet in a trailer (how many trailers actually have closets, LOL?).

Not sure. But he could easily get back in.

Yeah, all he has to do is find another door like Sullivan and Mike did when they were banished so I’m pretty sure they thought breaking the door was just a way of keeping Randall away from them longer.

My best guess is the trailer is way out in the county, it looks like it is. But he could still get back.

No doubt he could get back if he wanted to.

Wonder what he will do in MU.

I suspect they might make him a bully^^. But, I would find it more interesting if he was the one being bullied and gets hurt by that and then the favoritism of Sullivan gets him more hurt.

I see him being friends will Sulley at first. I also see him always hating Mike.

This is the “favorite character” section…but seems MU and Ran got involved in a little discussion and frankly can’t help myself heh heh.

Yes, Randall can get back. Many bits say he’s “gone for good” or “never get back”, but that’s honestly an outright lie.
As for easily…now that’s umm…difficult. Considering Wazowski and Sullivan threw him in a live door (oh heck…that they banished him AT ALL), and he got beaten rather badly, he’d be suffering some injuries that would make it difficult for him.

The breaking of the door…that just seems to be icing on the cake…I mean it was pointless to do. It just SHOWED anger from the “protagonists” there was no point to it. Honestly, I like Sullivan, but anytime I think about that moment I can’t help but loathe the actions.

But yeah, he would be pretty beat-up, it would be miraculous if he showed up in a sequel without some injuries.

As for MU…ehh…I see Randall as the one that was bullied in the normal school grades for several reasons (scaled, lack of family, smarts, etc.), but then toughed up and put on a jerkish persona to protect himself.
But since this is M.I. in college…different playfield. It would be interesting to see it, though Randall might come off as a jerk to anybody because of it, and he might loathe Sullivan’s popularity. I mean if HE’S the bully then that’s just lazy…I mean this prequel is all about development, not setting things in stone.

In any incarnation, I see that Sullivan is popular in his own way. Now if he’s a jock, he might actually be one of those that bully Randall around…BUT maybe Randall is also the one that helps him actually pass classes and what not (in ANY incarnation, Randall IS smarter than Sullivan or Wazowski).
Maybe that’s the thing, Sullivan is a jock/slacker, but his parents want him to be a success. So after an initial “this is how I do things”, he encounters Randall and starts cracking down. Wazowski, on the other hand, liked Sullivan just the way he was and becomes the “wrench” as it was.
Maybe that’s why Randall doesn’t like Wazowski, maybe him and Sullivan had a friendship going and though something or another, Wazowski ruined it (inadvertently taking Sullivan as a friend himself).