Favorite character

[b]My favorites in Monsters Inc. is Mike

[/b]

Hmm…Well, I’d say that the 5’0 thing

sounds about right, and that would make his length, so to speak, about 3’0 to 4’0, but probably leaning more

towards 3’0. Therefore, when he stands up on his hind legs, we can safely say that about half of his length is

going to be lifted into his height, so he’ll be around 6’0, to six and a half feet. Ish. :laughing:

6 is right if I recall.

Speaking of the bloopers, which reality from Monsters, Inc. should we stick to?

The movie is a world and a life in itself, but then when we’re give a glimpse into those bloopers, it makes you

think if those Mons were only really actors filming a movie. I think of Randall, in particular, when Fungus pulls

down one of the walls as a practical joke and Randall blends into a suit. Apparently, he has a great sense of

humor from that off-stage standpoint. :3

“Hey, I look good in a suit!” :laughing:

There are two sides of seeing

everything. You could imagine that what happened at MI, or in any of the Pixar films, did actually happen to the

characters, or that the characters were just actors, like in the bloopers. You can’t really define which one it

actually is.

Oh, i see what you mean

The reality of Monsters Inc. is in the movie. The reality

of the Monsters World itself has not been shown yet.
The bloopers give insight into everyone.
Ran for

instance. Seen as an angry frustrated person, who actually has a good sense of humor hiding.

In a way, I really wish we

could have been given more from those bloopers. Sort of like a parody of one of those "behind the

scenes" television specials (MTV style!) of what the actors do while on the set of the movie. With personal

assistants and a chauffer. :stuck_out_tongue:
I would have loved it if they have had more than just one Randall blooper. It

was great seeing him smile sans sarcasm.

A little off topic, but I found

this:

[url]http://www.collegenews.org/x3981.xml[/url]

I have no idea how old this article is, but I

thought it’d be interesting to share with you guys. I wish I had that class (or at least an instructor as

creative and fun).

Yeah, the fact that there was only one Randall blooper disappointed me, too, but it is

understandable- Pixar didn’t want Randall to seem too nice, otherwise he might recieve some sympathy for what

went on, and bad guys aren’t allowed to have any sympathy. :angry:

Another thing that kind of hints towards

the whole film having been acted out, so to speak, is in the DVD extras, there’s a run through of the whole

factory, and Needleman and Smitty are controlling the cameras which look very professional, like those that are

used on actual movie sets.

It is an interesting idea for the film to have been acted out, but then that

poses questions in itself, such as what are the actor’s names? They’re not going to be called Mike, or Sulley,

or Randall as those are the characters’ names, as opposed to the actors’ names themselves. Also, what is the

relationship like between the actors? It’s a possibility that Randall (or, rather, the Mon who plays him) could

actually have been friends with ‘Mike’ and ‘Sulley’.

I would have loved to have seen

some off-camera interaction between Randall and Boo. It would have been funny if HE had been the cast member she

actually preferred and gravitated towards when they were not on-camera, and even better to see him being silly to

try to keep the kid entertained.

pitbulllady

Wel

now remember…Randall was in the walkthrough in slow motion.

But yeah, I would have preferred that as

well.
Heck. Even Roz, a minor part, got that great running gag joke.

Still. In the extras there was

that Coffee event. Wish there was more than that though.

My favorite character

would have to be Boo. I think the main reason I love Boo so much is because she acts

alot like my youngest sister: she is a trouble-maker at times, but is adorable and can brighten your day with a

simple smile. Boo also says a few words in the film that sound alot like various phrases my little sister says.

And, as an added bonus, the first time my little sister saw a picture of Sulley she said, “Kitty!”, and

she hadn’t even heard Boo say that before-hand. :wink:

Heh – I also enjoyed viewing Randall in a different

light during the blooper shots, even though I prefer that they hadn’t included any bloopers along with the dvd.

As much as I hate Randall, it was rather satisfying to see him laugh for once. Heheh.

Aww…gosh, I can just picture that now. I have this mental image of Boo

cuddling up to the guy in a chair off-set. I have to draw a picture of this…

Boo was indeed a cute character. She is one of my top favorite cute animated characters

ever.

You WILL draw a

picture of it. :3 Make sure to post it on here or something when you’re done with it. I would definitely like to

see it.

[b]The Star

Swordsman[/b] - Yes, indeed. She is adorable. I wonder if the Pixar animators modeled her after one of

their own children?

DoubleLatte - (snigger) Yes, captain. I’ll get right on

it and will post it when I am finished. I should begin work on it sometime today… :wink:

That would be something to think

about. I think Pete Doctor was inspired by a daughter of his. I am not sure if he has one. Maybe something on the

DVD commentary could explain a little background infor on tthe character of Boo.

The Star Swordsman -

Hmm…interesting. I plan to watch the Monsters Inc. dvd sometime today; perhaps

around lunchtime. I’ll listen to the commentary and keep an ear out for any information about Boo that pops

up.

If I recall Boo’s real name, as presented in interviews and such as I recall, is Mary Gibbs.

I can’t recall who Mary Gibbs was, even if she was invovled in the film, but I highly think that whomever family

and life Mary Gibbs is affiliated with is similiar to Boo’s.

Nexas: Mary Gibbs is actually the simply adorable

little girl who provided the voice of Boo. One of the crayon drawings taped to Boo’s wall in the movie is one

that was drawn by Mary, which they then scanned and put into the movie, and, since she signed it

“Mary,” it’s pretty much canon that Boo’s real name is also Mary, and semi-canon that her real

surname is Gibbs. :slight_smile:

DElf - Hehe – yes, exactly. Know I don’t have to explain that to Nexas because

you already did it for me. :wink: (snigger)

Contrary to what one might think, Mary Gibbs also looks nothing

like Boo, except that she is (perhaps) the same age and (maybe) around the same height. But little Ms. Gibbs has

golden/blonde hair, whilst Boo has black hair. Mary’s nationality is probably also different from Boo’s. For

some reason, I always thought that Boo was part Caucasian, part Asian. I have no idea why that is. :stuck_out_tongue: