Favorite Character?

That is no reason to make a character your favorite. It’s one thing to rule out a character because they weren’t developed enough but picking a character because they are the focus is like saying the meat was the best part of the meal simply because it was the bulk of the main course. It may be good and it may even be the best but I’m pretty sure that just because it’s the main part I’m not going to give it an automatic advantage over the succulent chocolate mousse desert. =)

Dash - Exactly!! Not that it’s my place to say it, but I just have to agree with your statement there.

Mitch: None taken, I’m actually kind of proud of it in a weird way. :laughing: When my mom made me cook something myself for the first time, I had to have her all but tug on my hair while I did it. And I was still completely scared that I’d somehow screw it up.

DElf - (Off-topic) Haha. That’s funny. I’m the same way – I can’t cook to save my life. I didn’t even know how to turn on the oven until I was…fourteen or fifteen, I think. :unamused:

Haha, I can’t cook at all. I should probably learn, I’m going to be in an apartment soon… :unamused:

Aw man… I just can’t pick a favorite! I love so many of them! Emile, Remy, Linguini… and Anton even; I just love how he ends up. :smiley:
I think I’ll wait til I see the movie a few more times, see if any of the characters stand out.

Hmm, I haven’t seen the movie yet, but I’m gonna have to say Linguini. He seems to have that nerdy/clumsy thing I like in a guy. :wink:

Mitch - Wow, I would have thought you would have wanted a sequel! But your right - they better not make one “just to make one”. :stuck_out_tongue:

They’re all such wonderful characters, each so charming in their own different ways. But I’m really drawn to Auguste Gusteau, he must be my favorite. I think of him as such a tenderhearted, sweet person. He’s this enormous figure with such a fun, happiness he always carries about him.
Eh, I’m not good with words, but I just love him.

Thanks Gasduude, but let’s let this thing off now.

Gasduude - Cha – it’s bizarre. I scare myself. (snigger)

Don’t get me wrong; I would love to see a sequel if it was produced in a decent and heart-warming manner. But, then again, something about the film just screams, “Stop! No sequels!”. That ending is just too satisfying to mess up…

Yeah. I’m werid. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

I would love to see the characters again for a sequel. But it is just me.

linguini all the way! :smiley:

Alright, so I was browsing through the Archives section when I found this:

Favorite Character?

Kinda funny how Remy originally got the most votes before the film’s initial release. :stuck_out_tongue:

Mitch - I guess he was everyone’s favorite character then too. Some things just never change. :wink:

I think at that point, the ladies here hadn’t seen to much of Linguini yet! :laughing:

Bill - Heheh – yeah, Remy has been getting alot of attention lately. Although, I must admit that Linguini has stolen the limelight as of late… :stuck_out_tongue:

Gasduude - Haha! Exactly! :smiley:

Things have changed since the last favorite character poll. Remy was the popular one, but it seems like most love linguini now.

I accidentally made a new topic about Ratatouille favorite characters. I did search to make sure there wasn’t a post on it already, and somehow missed this. Someone kindly pointed this out to me, so now we will write about our favorite characters here instead.

Sheila: Colette because, well, she’s awesome! girl power! :whip: But seriously, she reminds me so much of myself, it’s uncanny. Personality-wise, and appearance-wise too! So first of all, I don’t take nonsense from men at all, because I’m a total feminist. In fact, I have a tendency of scaring guys off… hah. Also I’ve had the exact bobbed haircut Colette has for a few years. and that purply wine color in her hair is the color I’ve been attempting to dye my hair for a few years as well. Plus I have a roundish nose a bit like hers. Creeeeepyyyyyy…

Other than the similarities between she and myself, I admire her character for the struggle that she has evidently been through to get where she is in the predominantly male field of haute cuisine. ALSO (and I promise I’ll end the novel after this last comment) the whole [spoil]kiss scene[/spoil] is often how I’ve imagined my first to be. In this sense, it reveals that both Colette and I have a hopeless romantic underneath the tough-girl facade. ONE LAST THING. promise. Linguini is my ideal man. He’s naiive and simple and sweet and loves Colette because she is unique and attractive in her own individual way.

Ashley: Linguini. Because he’s got a loveable personality that’s all shy and stuff. It’s cute. as you can see, sheila is the writer in the family. :unamused:

Edited. Please remember to use spoiler tags when necessary. – Mitch

Sheila- Colette is such a girl with power! :stuck_out_tongue: I totally agree with you. :mrgreen

I’d have to say that Remy is my favourite character. Just so adoreable, there were some sequences [spoil]like the one in Linguini’s “not much” apartment when Remy is falling asleep in that oven mitt bed looking out the window[/spoil] those kinds of really cute shots just did it for me.