Favorite Pixar Parent?

You can see that again, even the great Buzz Lightyear said it himself.

“Oh, you’re a great dad!”

its has to be andy’s mom…her sarcastic comments even make me laugh…

Can i drive the car?

Sure…when you’re 16!

Huhuhu… :laughing:

I know Bob’s not all the best parent but I just really like the character… :sunglasses:

I picked Django, he’s just so great. :smiley:

Tied between Marlin and Sulley. They both can make you cry. I managed to pick Marlin for the poll.

And for a moment, I was going to pick Zurg! :open_mouth: :smiling_imp:

Seems like we have a tie between Helen and Marlin.

Killer123- I think Zurg’s a great parent! He’s just so proud of his boy. :laughing:

Though I’ve always wondered, if Zurg’s the father, who’s the mother? :open_mouth:

LOL! :open_mouth: lizardgirl, you’ve just brought up a very interesting point!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Maybe a female Zurg? :laughing:

Female Zurg…that’s hard to imagine

It is easy for me. All you do is make Zurg’s voice very high pitched, and give him a wig.

er… kind of freaky and scary :open_mouth:

True, but I think it would be hilarious at the same time.

I picked Zurg. 8D
Here’s another Pixar parent (but not from a feature): Luxo from Luxo Jr.

TSS- You know, I think you’re right. There’s something about Zurg that makes turning him into a female seem like an easy thing to imagine. :laughing:

I picked Helen Parr because she just seems really nice and interested in her kids, but also very protective at the same time. Just an all-round good parent. I would have also said Andy’s mum, but she seems a bit one-dimensional and doesn’t have that much of a personality, when you think about it. Wait… reading on other people’s quotes she said, I guess she is pretty funny. One of her classic “mom lines” she says is when Andy can’t find Buzz or Woody: “You’re not looking hard enough” or something along those lines. Typical parent thing to say. Heheh.

Zurg would make a good female because he wears a skirt, as one of the Pixar commentators (Lee Unkrich?) pointed out for the Toy Story 2 commentary. It was really funny.

For me it has to be Marlin from Finding Nemo, because of the whole theme of being a single and overprotective father afraid of the dangers of going out into the world.

I know this topic is outdated, but I’d say Carl as Russell’s adoptive grandfather. I love it SO MUCH.

Bob Parr!

I decided to go with Marlin. I think he sets an example for me. I would like to be a parent myself, but I have little inklings of fear that I might become an overprotective…overprotecter like Marlin. But Marlin’s journey has also shown me how a parent REALLY behaves when they think they’re trying to protect their child when they’re really not doing a very good job of it. Then it comes to show how they try, strive, and fight to change it.

And in all honesty, I LOVE his scenes where the theme of the movie plays. They’re so touching I get goosebumps. “I promised I would never let anything happen to him” is one of my favorites because Dory makes an excellent point. “If you promise nothing will happen to him, then nothing will happen to him.” There’s something that EVERY parent should remember.

In short, Marlin has given me a completely different perspective on the way parents think.