Favorite Pixar Parent?

I said Helen Parr, but she and Bob are tied.

My favorite is definitely Helen, closely followed by Marlin and Bob. :slight_smile:

Helen. Absolutely.

Yeah, shes awesome :exclamation:

Why do I always agree with you? :laughing:

I dont know haha 8D.

I voted for Marlin… some people here wrote some pretty good reasons why he would be the best Pixar parent. He basically overcame all his fears of the ocean just to go looking for his only son. And plus, the fact that Finding Nemo is basically all about a father and son relationship contributes to that tremendously.

I have a hard time understanding why Bob would be the best Pixar parent… I mean, basically all he seemed to think about throughout the entire first and middle part of the movie was the “glory days” and, to me, never really seemed all that involved with Violet and Dash - which, in my opinion is very important. Especially for Violet. No wonder she’s so self-conscious and shy - she probably never really spent time with her dad! :confused:

^Sorry, all you TI fans - I just had to get that out. That’s just my personal opinion. :wink: Please don’t think that I have anything against people here liking Bob, okay?

I laughed when I saw Zurg on the list. 8D

For me it was a toss up between Marlin, Sulley, and Andy’s mom.

I picked Sulley, though, because I find it cute how his paternal instincts show when he’s taking care of Boo and how he starts really caring about her. He’s a great “dad”!

DoE, this thread is titled “favorite” Pixar parent, not “best”.

It’s a toss-up between Helen, and Marlin. I think both pose a very real view on how hard parenting can be, and so I do admire their characteristics for that.

But, my TI fandom calls for Helen… :stuck_out_tongue:

Phileas, you win.

She was saying why Marlin was her favorite, and why Bob was her least favorite. Voicing opinion. Everyone can do it. :stuck_out_tongue:

And personally, I don’t see what makes Bob and Helen great parents anyway, yanno… seeing as how they fight all the time… so yeah.

little chef

I wasn’t arguing about her opinion, just saying why people were listing Bob. :imp:

Wow :open_mouth: I’m surprised that some people thought that Bob was a bad parent . I personally thought he was a great parent simply because he demonstrated that parents sometimes make mistakes but then make up for them in the end. I admired how in the end of the movie he apologized for his actions to his family, because sometimes parents can have a very rough time admitting there wrong, especially to their children. :slight_smile:

I voted Zurg. :laughing:

I agree with 100% of what you said. :smiley:

Exactly. Besides, EVERYONE’S parents argue. :angry: Excuse me, but I like REALISTIC parents who aren’t immortal. I liked how they settled their arguments by the end. It was nice to see animated parents that argue and get flustered like mine. Besides, BAD parents don’t save their kids’ lives. Don’t attack if you can’t back up your assault with evidence. :imp: I agree with you, MBP13.

Hoool-eeee cow, I was simply stating my opinion - you don’t have to go blow up over it. :confused:

little chef

I did’nt mean to critisize your opinion I was just stating mine. :slight_smile:

It was said towards me, no one’s mad at you, MB. :smiley: