Favorite song from Disney films?

Aw, what’s with all the hate against that song? It’s not one of the best songs, but I don’t think it’s terrible or anything.

Cinderelly, or Can’t wait to be king? I’ll admit Cinderelly is catchy, and in some moods I like the mice alright. But Can’t wait to be King, I never liked it. It’s too annoying.

Can’t Wait to Be King. I like the whole soundtrack to The Lion King, so I don’t mind it at all.

I kind of agree. And I’ll be called mad, I know.

It’s not that I can’t stand any of the songs, but in general, I don’t care too much about most of the Elton John songs in The Lion King.

Among my less favourite music from the Renaissance.

I much prefer his work on The Road to El Dorado. Except for Can You feel the Love Tonight, Circle of Life and Be Prepared, most of the songs on Lion King I dislike or don’t remember. And that “big pig” song Timon sings. That is hilarious!

I think that it has a fantastic soundtrack on its own, but compared to it’s contemporaries, it’s one of the weaker soundtracks during the Renaissance.

Honestly, I think I much prefer the score to the songs. The score is quite magnificent and has an epic feel to it.

Oh, yes, the score itself is excellent.

Sadly, the soundtrack neglects it, and it only includes a few cues. People going for the songs over the instrumentals, as always… :unamused:

That does have a sneaky tendency to happen.

Yes. Call me musically aloof, but I detest that.

Can we also discuss scores in this board or is it only for songs?

I guess scores would be okay. :slight_smile:

We could double-up, like with the sequel thread. It would save board space.

Make another thread?

Oh, ok, but then it’ll get complicated when we say something related to both songs and score. I think they’re too much related to be split into two topics.

What I mean is, use this one thread for both. Like how Ellie altered the sequels thread to hold good and bad ones.

You all are on a roll! I am all for making this the Disney Songs/Score Awesomeness thread!

I know that limited time is offered for animated features, but I truly wish the songs “Home” and “If I Can’t Love Her” had been written for Beauty and the Beast the movie, instead of the play. That movie is very near perfection critically. But I feel these two songs could have pushed it over the edge, as they offer the kind of character development and maturity that make movies great. And sometimes I feel that as much as I basically worship her, Belle could have used more dimension.

I kind of enjoy High Adventure, which was cut from Aladdin.

I’m as of yet unfamiliar with that. I like Proud of Your Boy, also taken out of Aladdin, but I respect that they removed it for plot reasons. And “Street Rat” has plenty of emotional value from Aladdin’s perspective to fill the need anyway.

Yes, Street Rat is better because it’s short, and Proud of Your Boy would have needed the introduction of further characters. Which happens in a certain way with High Adventure, but that could have been fixed.

I agree. All the exposition for Proud of Your Boy would have made it a totally different movie! I think it’s a pretty song though, and I sometimes listen to it anyway just because it’s pretty. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve read and heard in a lot of places that Katzenburg wanted “Part of Your World” removed from the Little Mermaid. That’s my single favorite scene, and I can’t imagine liking the movie or Ariel very much without it!