Favorite Voice Actor?

It’s hard for me to pick just one. So I split it up into categories:

Funniest Voice Acting: Joe Ranft (Heimlich), Brad Garrett (Dim), or Richard Kind (Molt)
Most Badass Voice: Dennis [i]Leary/i
Most Audio Pleasing: Julia Louis Dreyfus
Most Interesting: Michael McShane (Tuck and Roll)

[quote=“Pixar Builder”]
Most Badass Voice: Dennis Hopper (Francis)

imdb.com/title/tt0120623/

I think you mean Denis Leary, friend. :smiley:

Facepalm, you’re right IncredibleVirginiaGirl. I keep mixing them up.

It’s alright. It’s their fault for sharing a first name in Hollywood. 8D

Obviously already added some input, but I actually think that this film alone has the best range of performances, from horrendously aggressive (Kevin Spacey’s Hopper, of course), cute (Hayden however you spell her last name as little Dot), endearing (Dave Foley’s Flik), just downright hilarious (most of the circus bug actors), and just…kind. I think it’s brilliant… 8D

I agree. I’ve always thought ABL was the strongest Pixar film in the ensemble cast area.

This movie has a great cast, so it’s hard to choose. But my favorite would be Foley as Flik.

After Dave my next favorite is Kevin Spacey.

Good choice! He did an excellent job portraying Hopper.

Dave did a great job but I got a mad crush on Juila Louis Drefyuss so I must say her.

8D Really? I find her annoying. But I can see why you like her.

I think A Bug’s Life has a great voice cast overall. If I had to choose one person, it would probably be Joe Ranft as Heimlich. His voice impressions has seldom ever sounded alike, and this was possibly his best role. Heimlich may be my favorite character from the film, and he is way over the top. Really, though, I thought all of the voice actors were very impressive. It’s hard to narrow it down at this point.

Good old Joe! He did do a fantastic job.

Hopper had the best voice.

I have to say that Flik’s voice REALLY annoyed me for some reason. I mean, it did SUIT his character, so I’m not saying it was a bad choice. I’m just saying that I found his voice to be completely unattractive…it actually just really bothers me.

To some degree I wonder if this is partially because I played that old Bug’s Life game when it came out when I was a young teen and Flik said some really annoying stuff in that game in that voice and I just heard it endlessly so I can’t take it anymore. LOL.

Well that makes sense! And could get on the nerves of a lot of people!

I think this might be my favorite Disney film, where voice cast is concerned. It was perfect.

I don’t think I’ve had a problem with the voices picked for the characters in any of the movies, although some voices are more memorable than others.

I mean I do have a problem with Flik’s in the sense that I find his voice to be very unattractive and annoying(especially due to that video game)…but I do think it suited his character.

The last time I watched A Bug’s Life was about a year ago with my boyfriend(he had actually never seen it for some reason). He thought it was random that I find Flik’s voice so annoying. 8D

I remember as a kid I used to crush ant colonies on the driveway, etc…I feel bad about that these days. I don’t know why I did it though since for all of my life I’ve been moving different insects off the sidewalks so people don’t step on them. Maybe it just didn’t connect that I was killing ants when I destroyed their homes. I don’t know. Ants are one of those things I can’t save from the sidewalk though…they are just too tiny and there are too many of them. They’re kind of the one thing I can’t avoid stepping on as much as I might wish I wasn’t killing things.

I’m just going to spare myself the brain strain of trying to slim it down and just say I love all of them! ABL truly does have one of the bestest casts ever! And now I geek out whenever I see a cast listing with Dave Foley, or Kevin Costner, or Denis Leary, or Julia Louis-Dreyfus, or… uh sorry I’m rambling. Oh, and of course the Pixar greats like John R. and Joe R… I just wuvz ABL. Every character had an epicly perfect voice <3

^This is true, I loved the casting for this film.

:mrgreen: I couldn’t have said it better!

I used to have the game I think you’re talking about Minty Fresh! It was a computer game, and Flick had all these catch phrases and one-liners.

I really like Dennis Leary as Francis. He shows a lot of character.