Favourite Character

i picked Lightning =P i just think he’s awesome, and we have the same name…welll…his name is the same as my nickname :smiley:

where did you get lightnig for a nickname kel-I?

well it came about in two ways:

my favourite teacher at school is called Ms. White and her nick name for the Student VS. Teacher basketball game was White Lightning, so she called me White Lightning Jr

and then i used that nick name on my softball team but my coach just called me Lightning cuz it’s shorter

and im the fastest one on the team

i actually spell it Lhytning, but it’s the same thing =]

Oooh, intresting story!

I think the combos of Fillmore and Sarge and Guido and Luigi were the best part of the film. Lightning McQueen I felt was not a likable character in any real shape, and even at the end he seemed so condescending and unlikable.

I’m hoping they work on that image a lot in the sequel to make his character more likable.

It was a toss up between Lightning and Mater. :question:
But hey Lightning had more of an arch so I went with him :confused:

Guido, hands down, most definitely. He has been my favorite by FAR since my first viewing. :smiley:

I like the obnoxious McQueen (particularly when he snubs The King). World class sarcasm…

“I love being me”
“That is spectacular advice Mr The King. Oooh!”
“How will I ever find someone who knows how to fill me with gas”

Classic!

I like Chick Hicks for the same reason.

“That was some pretty fine racing out there- by ME!”

Love it. That’s the evil side of me talking! :smiling_imp:

Sarge & Fillmore are also a good double act- great banter between them. And Guido gets the coolest moment of the movie (possibly any movie) with his nano-second tyre change. That’s whats great about Pixar- every character gets his moment.

Got to be Guido :slight_smile:, just cause you’re small doesn’t mean you’re a loser

guido…his akscent and italian slurr makse his character absolutely lovable and his one major scene makes you laugh your heart out.

I still can’t believe I haven’t replied to this post, anyways:
My favorite character in Cars is Mater, in fact he’s one of my favorite Pixar characters over all. He’s just so wonderfully hilarious. I could go on and on about him, but I’m just gonna stop before I get carried away! :wink:

I think my favorites go to Luigi and Guido.
I dunno, they’re just really funny to watch.

Fillmore <3333

My favorite is Mack. I just like the way he’s able to make the most of what little screen time he has, including his antics in the credits or wherever all that little extra stuff was. Plus, he was voiced by John Ratzenberger. :wink:

Fillmore used to be my favorite, but I distinctly remember being scarred for life when I discovered he was [spoil] a druggie. [/spoil]

My favourite chcarcter is Lightning Mc Queen.

I voted Chick :astonished: Even though he’s barely in the film. I am wondering if he’ll be in the sequel at all… I like his devil-may-care, trashy look and the fact that he’s kind of suicidal on the racetrack :laughing: Also he’s voiced by Michael Keaton! Bonus points of awesome.
McQueen a close second though. I like his development throughout the film. Nice to have a main character with a few flaws for once :wink:

Mater is my ultimate favorite character on Cars.
Chick Hicks is one of my favorite antagonists ever.
Guido is cute.

I so agree!!! He is truely one of the two best characters. I love how he’s able to learn from his mistakes and ends up dealing with his past. I also love Lightning. I love everything about him from his sarcasim to how he changes after visiting Radiator Springs. Lightning and Doc are always fun for me to write about because there is just so much to their personalities and so much to expand on. And just their bondage how they kinda argue with each other at first and everything to how they end up being good friends. I didn’t vote because it’s too hard to choose between the two.

Yeah Lightning would be my second fav. I found his sarcasm pretty amusing too. Maybe cuz I’m that way as well. :slight_smile: I do like how even though he changes over the course of the movie, he really doesnt lose that attitude. Plus the way he is with Sally is just cute and I love how he goes into total fan-boy mode once he realizes who Doc is!

Mack was my choice, he stole any scene he was in… John Ratzenberger has a great hesitation “ehhhhhhh” and is hilarious.