Favourite classic Disney film?

Sorry for the double post…
I watched and recorded Aladdin recently on Disney Channel. I loved the Genie. All his references to modern times and other movies, including Disney…all his funny lines…hilarious character.
Anyone remember this part?
Aladdin: “She thinks the monkey is the Sultan.”
Jasmine: “Oh, great Sultan! How may I serve you?”
Abu: “Well, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah”
Aladdin: “Tragic, isn’t it? But no harm done. C’mon, sis, time to go see the doctor.”
Jasmine: [to camel]: “Hello, doctor. How are you today?”
Aladdin: “No not that one.”

Not to mention I recently saw quite a lot of Disney classics recently…but they’re just a small percentage of how much classic Disney there is to see! I feel guilty for having taken classic Disney for granted a few years back. I guess you could say I didn’t realize how good something was til it was gone.

Mulan, Lion King, Jungle Book, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Tarzan, Pocahontas, and Great Mouse Detective

Just a few of my favs

I am absolutley in love with the Lion King! I used to watch it like 5 times a day, no joke :laughing:

As far as all of their 2D-animated films go, my favorite would have to be Tarzan (My overall favorite Disney movie is Bolt, but I doubt that many would consider that “classical”).

The Lion King, hands down. It’s a fable for the ages of Shakespearean proportions (It was based on Hamlet!). I mean, really, it’s quite literally about Life, and how to live it with purpose and meaning. The whole movie’s about one lion’s entire life!

There’s a reason why it remains the highest-grossing traditionally-animated film of all time…

The Lion King is my favorite.
And it has been for almost 5 years now.

Well the Hunchback of Notré Dame was just on TV and I’d forgotten just how much I loved it. I’m not sure if it really counts as ‘classic’ (1996?) but it is definantly one of my favourite Disney films.

I haven’t seen it since I was little and I didn’t really catch all the adult themes until just now, you’ve got mass hysteria, corruption, lust etc. Even the song lyrics make more sense. Speaking of the music; it’s brilliant, I love all the sepulchral pieces.

Aladdin is definitely my favourite.
The songs, the characters, the animation, it’s all top notch and drop-dead funny to boot.
I am so glad I could finally get it on DVD. I think I probably watched it a gazillion times on VHS, so the tape is pretty worn out at this point.

That happened to me too when my class watched Wall-E. They mocked it and I nearly exploded. ugh…my peers can be so immature sometimes.

As far as my favorite classic disney film, it has to be Hercules. Coming in a close second are Aladdin and the Little Mermaid. :smiley:

Mulan followed by Robin Hood.

I love many of Disney’s classics, older and more recent, but Cinderella is special.

Probably Beauty and the Beast is my favorite…

Although, I really like The Little Mermaid and Cinderella

1. The Resquers Down Under- Such a fun adventure movie, love the characters, love the plot, the action is thrilling and the jokes funny. An the animation, aided by some 3D work from Pixar itself, is gorgeous.
  2. The Lion King
  3. The Sword in the Stone
  4. Lilo & Stitch
  5. Beauty and the Beast

Mulan will always be my favorite Disney film.

1. The Lion King, i remember how much i hate Scar, and impersonating Timon while singing Hakuna Matata all day long =D
  2. Aladdin
  3. Beauty and the Beast, the Ballroom scene is one of the most memorable Disney scene in my opinion
  4. Bambi, the first Disney animated movie i saw
  5. Pinocchio, as a boy i sometimes think just like him

A lot of mine are the ones that bombed :frowning: However, I HATE the sequels.
In no order:

Classics:
Beauty and the Beast
The Lion King
Aladin
Sleeping Beauty
The Aristocats

Not so much:
Hercules
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Tarzan
Pohocantas
Mulan
Oliver and Company
Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Lilo and Stitch
Enchanted
Pirates of the Caribbean
National Treasure
EDIT: I also love The Black Cauldron, Pete’s Dragon, The Sword in the Stone, and Robin Hood.

For the animation Disney movies,

Oldies:
Peter Pan
Pinocchio
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
101 Dalmatians

New Ones:
The Black Cauldron
Aladdin
Hercules
Dinosaur
The Emperors New Groove

:smiley:

I’m surprised that some people here actually like The Black Cauldron. Are there any particular reasons as to why you guys find it interesting?

– Mitch

The only scene I remember from TBC is Gurgi taking a back-dive into the cauldron! 8D But man, that was pretty sad!

Not sure if I posted here before, but I’ll just go ahead anyway!

Classic era:
Pinnochio
Bambi
The Three Callaberos
Peter Pan
Lady and the Tramp
The Sword in the Stone
The Aristocats
Robin Hood
The Fox and the Hound
The Great Mouse Detective
Oliver & Company

Renaissance era:
The Little Mermaid
Aladdin
The Lion King
Pocahantas
Hercules
Mulan
Tarzan

Modern era:
Fantasia 2000
The Emperor’s New Groove
Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Lilo & Stitch
Treasure Planet

Some of them I remember watching several times as a kid! Ah, good memories…

Wow I don’t know, it’s hard to choose because I’m a huge fan of the mother company…

My favorite is The Lion King.
But I also love
Lady and the Tramp
Jungle Book
Brother Bear
Hunchback of Notre Dame
Princess and the Frog
Dumbo
Snow White
Beauty and the Beast
Aladdin
Three Caballeros