Favourite classic Disney film?

I’ve had this craving

to watch The Hunchback of Notre Dame, for some reason, even though I absolutely hate

that film. Although, I have to admit that, for a rather lame film, the animation and backrounds were

gorgeous, darling. :wink:

Another one of my favorite classic film was The Sword in the Stone. I have loved the legend of King Arthur even

since I heard his name.

Heheh – that film is hilarious.

I also love The Jungle Book…due to its abundance in laughs. I pretty much treasure

every old Disney film, from Bambi to Aladdin.

I was so confused with the jungle book. When I watched it in 8th grade, i finally understood the entire

plot. All I got from a little kid was the love for the music.

The Star Swordsman - Heheh – yeah, me too. The only thing I knew

was what Bagheera said: Get the kid to the man village. Other than that, I just enjoyed the show, the laughs, and

fun. The only bad thing about that film is that I somehow will get hypnotized if I watch those specific parts

with Kaa. It’s weird – I have to close my eyes at those moments. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was a failure to understand :The Jungle Book: when I was a kid. I was so horrible, I

always fell asleep and would never finish the movie.

[size=92]I never really understood The Jungle Book either. When you’re little you don’t really

concentrate on the meaning of the dialogue, you just memorize all the sounds.[/size]

Laaame?? Call me insane but I loved it. The only downside is that, looking back on,

it has suggestive things in it. I love Tom Hulce’s singing voice, and yes of course the animation and

backgrounds are gorgeous. x3

FONY- Every Disney film has something suggestive in it, if you look hard

enough. :laughing:

FONY - Well, you know how everyone has their own point of view on everything? I

just happen to not like that particular film very much…although it has started to kind of grow on me since

I’ve begun to listen to the soundtrack (which is beautiful). Maybe I’ll like it

more as the years pass by… :wink:

lizardgirl - Haha – yeah, you can say that

again. :laughing:

101 Dalmations is another Disney film I absolutely love. I

remember I took to memorizing the names of all fifteen puppies at one time; took quite a while, as I

recall…

Mitch: Just so you know I

wasn’t being threatening or anything. I actually didn’t like it too much until I got older- dunno why I guess

it came with watching all the Disney films over again. I respect your opinion, I was just … shocked. 'Cause I

can understand why someone would dislike it but it has redeeming qualities. :smiley:

Treasure Planet is good too, even though it is not a

classic (yet).

FONY - Oh no, I’m not

offended at all. Don’t worry – you didn’t upset me. :wink:

You know, come to think of it, the film is just

starting to grow on me now that I am older, just like with you. I absolutely hated it when I first saw it, and

now I consider it as something of an over-looked masterpiece, even though I hardly ever watch it. The quality of

the feature is beyond what I thought – it’s beautiful.

And the same goes for [i]Treasure

Planet[/i], like you said, Bill. I would’t consider that particular film

a – pardon the pun – “treasure” as of yet, but looking at the thing you can see that it is very

nicely crafted. The story is clever; and even though the characters could have – I think – been a little more

nicely developed, the animation and everything else in general is eye-catching.

I almost forgot about

another great Disney film: Tarzan. Not one of the greatest, but it turned out quite nicely…surprisingly. I

absolutely love the animation, and the story/texture of it is also very good.

Mitch: I thought Tarzan was okay. But unfortunately,

there were only two things that I liked about it. The music (I love Phil Collins), and the wonderful, beautiful

animation of the characters and the jungle.

The Star Swordsman - Yep – that’s mainly why I like the film, as well. (I also

love Phil Collins – great music!) My only complaint about the production is Terk: I thought she was a boy for

the longest time, and her personality just wasn’t to my liking, for some reason (which is weird, but I’m a

tomboy and can relate to Terk).

Peter Pan is also on my top ten list of

Disney original film favorites, simply due to the fact that it is wonderfully imaginative, hilarious, and

enjoyable. My sister and I always play along/act out the characters whenever we watch it. :wink:

Peter Pan completely blew my imagination

away. Sadly, after they made a sequel, and a live action version, I wondered, How can you ever compare with the

original?

[size=92]Oh yeah, and another great film was The Emperor’s New Groove.

Is that a Disney Classic

Film? I didn’t think THe Emperor’s New Groove was that Classical.

[size=92]I wouldn’t classify it as a Disney classic myself. So, no. But I

mentioned it because it still is a Disney film.[/size]

funny, when The Hunchback of Notredame came out, I was terrified of it.

But it has grown on me now, and since I’m an artist, and looking at it in an artistic perspective, it

is truly a beautiful film, both animation and music wise (cough, Alen Menken, cough cough)

of

course, I always like it when there’s drama in animated movies, sure, I do like the comdedic Disney ones

(Hercules and Aladin, they always get me laughing) but serious Disney movies are cool too, and the humour in

Aladin and Hercules wasn’t “patronizing”

woops, see,

there I go

again.