Fighting Cancer

Who wants to help Fight Cancer.
This will help.
It is a young girl Alex. She started a lemonade stand when she was with us. She donated all funds to cancer research. Heres a link.
[url]http://www.alexslemonade.org/[/url]
And here’s another girl I personaly knew. We are still friends with the family even though their daughter passed away 5 years ago. She helped Alex and her lemonade.
[url]http://www.christithomas.com/[/url]

It’s always hard to talk about Cancer because a cure has yet to be found because each cancer is so unique to everyone. Second, almost everyone knows someone who has been impacted by cancer. I had a relative die just last year. It’s sad. But always, I pray that one day, mankind will defeat this.

It is a horrible thing to think about. But at the same time they need support. And prayers, foir the people who have it and the people who work to find a cure. I sure one day somewhere in the world a triunphant person or group will find a cure.

I believe everyday, we approach one step closer to finding it. We just need to work at it a little more, and it’ll come from all efforts and research.

Yeah, maybe not in my life time, or even my child’s lifetime, but thet will find a cure!

That’s the spirit!

By the way i don’t have a child yet, Only 12.

Wow these two girls sound amazing! They both have such spirit.

I know and there was another girl named Penelope. But i don’t remember her website.

I wouldn’t say that yet…I think to remember reading a paper that some university in canada found a way to stop the growth of cancer cells by activating a chemical in the mitochondria that causes the cell to die as it’s naturally supposed to.

However the main research facilities wont accept it.

One thing to say about the human body:
Ultimately it is a machine. It functions like one, it works like one.
One loose nut on a bolt and the whole system can go downhill from there.
One mess-up in the human bodies mechanics can cause problems ranging from insignificant to life threatening.

Why wouldn’t most research facilities not accept the method to stop cell growth?

I don’t know. Maybe cause it wasnt one the major research facilities that found it and they’re being picky and haughty like most scientists are with their research.

Cause they want to be the one in history books. So they’re selfish.

I don’t think being selfish is gonna bring out a cure. I think in order to find a cure, all scientists must be willing to put their personal gain aspirations aside and work together to save lives. Because in the end, that is the only thing that matters.

They need to put all their genius together. :wink:

I suspect pride has something to do with it (the site I found it on was also hosting a donation system to get this off the ground).

I think that sealy’s right there and that they’re just selfish. A small research facility finds a cure and the media goes upwards them…versus a large company who gets the media almost all the time (I hope I don’t sound like a democrat. I’m not trying to.)

In point, it’s either that or they just want to rely on their own research and be ignorant that someone already found it.

Both parts of what you said are probably true. But who would know but those people themselves.

I personally (many others will probally agreee) think that cancer SUCKS!
My 5 year old cousin has been recently diagnosed with Lukemia (not sure of the spelling sorry) and its just so sad that such a terrible thing can happen to the most amazing people! Its not fair…
I think that all cancer patents are so strong and my love goes out to all of you and your families!

Angelxo, I’m so very sorry! :frowning: Cancer is absolutely horrible. Almost two months ago now, I very suddenly lost my grandfather to cancer. He went into the hospital for pneumonia, and a few days later we found out he had cancer in his lungs, liver and pancreas. I kid you not, one week and one day later, he was gone. We didn’t even have time to process the fact that he had cancer.

I hope that your little cousin gets the treatment (s)he needs and that the family stays strong! It’s very difficult and we have all dealt with this horrible monster at one point or another in many areas of the family. hugs

little chef

Thankyou LCE for your kind words! :slight_smile: