For the Birds

Cute!
Nice story and, of course, nice animation.

I also love how they put this as a cameo in Cars.

The first time I saw this short was actually at church. A pastor showed this short to us because of its moral (displayed in a really cute way).

Wow, really?
That’s nice! :slight_smile: Were you a Pixar fan back then?

Killler123: No, actually. Back then, I barely had an interest in Pixar’s CG movies (though now my opinion’s definitely changed). In fact, back then, I didn’t even know it was a Pixar short! Then, after seeing Monsters, Inc. on DVD, I saw the short again and found out. :slight_smile:

Great shortey! When I watched it long ago for the first time, I didn’t notice it was Pixar. Now, because the short is rather old, I see thet even THEN Pixarians were great in emotionizing characters!

I liked this short a lot! I like how the birds sound like squeeky toys, haha. Reminds me of the penguin off of Toy Story 2.

The feathers were animated beautifully in this short…but the thing that bothered me the most was how on earth did the pint sized birds fly? They seem like all weight and no lift… technically speaking.[/spoiler]

I just love the human behaviour of the birds and the way they’re mocking the “odd” bird. They’re a couple of real bastards! :stuck_out_tongue:
My favorite short.

Woo, watch the language there. Besides that, welcome to the board, Burning Fish.

~ Flare

lol. yeah…and welcome to the forum too!

The ‘odd’ bird reminded me at Kevin lol.

Slightly. I kinda feel like the big bird sometimes, I don’t fit in, but constantly strive to. On the other hand, I love my individuality, and conforming to a group just isn’t my thing. Also, I get picked on pretty often for it, but it’s always enjoyable when those antagonizing me end up taking a dive.

I think the biggest surprise here is the rigging of the feather.
That is awesome!Fantastic!
Anyone knows how to achieve or almost achieve that?Ideas or directions are all ok and welcome and appreciate very much! I really wanna try a bird like that by myself!

I really love this short. It has such meaning behind it.
I also love the JIMMY BRYANT song playing in the background that Pixar did not have the rights to.
When I was watching For The Birds with my family I said, “Dad, this sounds like that song you always play on guitar!” It was the exact song.
My Dad happened to know the family of the original artist and alerted them.
They sued and eventually got compensation and it was learned that NO ONE CHECKED!

Whoe Just Like Guinevere! That’s so weird! I’m surprised Pixar did that! That’s kinda cool though that your dad knew the people that owned the song and told them about it. That’s so interesting.

I think this short is soooo funny! I love the stupid birds! They’re so funny! I love the end when all the birds go flying in the air and their feathers go everywhere! ;-p

“I really love this short. It has such meaning behind it.
I also love the JIMMY BRYANT song playing in the background that Pixar did not have the rights to.
When I was watching For The Birds with my family I said, “Dad, this sounds like that song you always play on guitar!” It was the exact song.
My Dad happened to know the family of the original artist and alerted them.
They sued and eventually got compensation and it was learned that NO ONE CHECKED!”

Complete 100% B.S. Your comment has no basis in fact.

The song was written and recorded by “Riders in the Sky” after they’d finished the song from Toy Story 2. The song was released on a Disney/Pixar CD called “Songs from the Scare Floor,” a series of songs inspired by “Monsters, Inc.”

I love this short! Everytime I see it I feel sorry for the big Bird but it’s great that the little Birds got what they deserved. I love it when the little birds lose their feathers because it is so funny, and they really deserved it.

nice signature!

well now the short got re-rendered for the re-release of monsters inc.

I love this short. I never knew about this short until one of my classmates asked my teacher to show it to the classroom. :smiley:

It was nice re-visiting this funny little short again in front of Monsters, Inc. 3D. :slight_smile: