Forum...

The forum is really really big! is it suppose to do that?

Do you mean the design as a whole or are you having a problem with the sizes? The font sizes are percentages so they’re controlled by your browser settings. If you’re having a problem with it, I’ve written out instructions on how to change the size here.

ok, I will do the text size.

Not that much of an issue, but it appears some of the text in some place was chopped off. For instance, my location read “Eating some” instead of "Eating some “Ratatouille” like it did before.

Still, I gotta hand it to you on the design, Mell (AKA Babyface). I absolutely love it! :smiley:

Gasduude- It says on my computer “Eating some “Ratatouille””.

Thanks Gasduude! It sounds like a CSS issue you’re having. I can see both lines fine in Firefox and Internet Explorer 6. What browser are you using?

Mell (AKA Babyface), it pains me to say I’m already in a love/hate relationship with the new forum.

The majority of my fan art pieces appear to be missing, and when I edited my first post to revive the images, the post was completely wiped out. :imp:

edit

My guess is the tags are malfunctioning. I just used bold tags around your name, but they labeled you as “AKA Babyface”. :~o

~~=oP

Haha, no, no, that one’s deliberate! XD I put it in as a joke to see if anybody would notice, I didn’t expect it to happen this quickly though! XD If you put bold tags around certain words, it’ll change the text to something random… You can tell I got very bored working on the new layout for as long as I did! XD

I’ll look into your fan art thread just now. I had some problems with all the Brain Trust posts because I had to take the information from the test version of the site, and the ID numbers didn’t match up between the old and the new versions. In a few places, Vim and I have swapped identities. >.< I’ll work it out, though, have no fear!

Mell (PhD, MB, BBQ) - Welp, I don’t know what happened, but it looks good now. I logged off and then back on…:smiley:

No, no, it’s all right! it’s not as drastic as that! The first post was missing images entirely, but I managed to salvage it from the back-ups! XD For the most part, it’s just this silly whitespace problem. The image code is being split across a couple of lines, so it’s spitting it out as text. I’ve gone through your thread and fixed up to page 12, but it’s 2am and I’m going to fall asleep at my keyboard if I carry on! XD PV, if you want to carry on through the thread and just delete the white space so the image code is all on one line, it would be a massive help! It’s quite a simple fix!

I noticed that my total posts went down…I was around 1100 or so, but now I’m down to 960ish…Strange.

Oh it seems I am not the only one who noticed the drop in post numbers. I am not that worried about it. Maybe something about making the transfer from one forum to the next.

I also noticed that paragraphs will be split at the end of a sentence. Instead of it looking like this:

Test test test test. Test test test. Test test test test. Test test test. Test test test test. Test test test. Test test test test. Test test test. Test test test test. Test test test. Test test test test. Test test test. Test test test test. Test test test.

It will be like this:

Test test test test. Test test test.

Test test test test. Test test test. Test test test test. Test test test.

Test test test test. Test test test.

Test test test test.

One of the bugs I guess…

I get the same bug as rachel, and I’ve also noticed that one of my icons (the ones below my avatar indicating what Usergroups I’m in) has disappeared.

Nothing major overall, but still something to note…

On the positive side, your hard work paid off, Mell (AKA Babyface), and that’s an understatement! :wink:

Ha! I thought something was up. It scared me at first… :stuck_out_tongue:

– Mitch

It’s not across all the posts, it’s just a spacing issue we’re having to fix manually at the moment. (And when I say ‘we’, I mean ‘me’. :wink: If any of the mods want to help me out, it would be a massive help!)

Sorry to say this is actually a reverse problem. We were having a counting issue on the last version of the boards – you might remember we had a problem with the number of pages displayed in a topic, etc. – so when we moved the posts across to the new board, we re-counted all the posts and pages from scratch. We had to lose posts without any text in them (like posts that were entirely smilies) to do it, so if you made 140 posts of sheer smilies, that’ll be why – otherwise it was probably just a counting error on the last board! :slight_smile:

Ah, so it is nothing big, according to Mell.

Bwahahaha!!! Oh how I love justice!

Very appropriate that those types of smilies only post don’t count towards your overall totals! =P

I have a question: How do I add breaks/paragraphs in the bio section of our profiles? I tried adding a “
” but that didn’t work…

My only complaint is I remember reaching 1000 posts on my post count, but as I have no way of proving it I guess I’ll settle for the number I have.