Gnomeo and Juliet Sequel Confirmed!

cinemablend.com/new/Gnomeo-J … 32794.html

Haven’t seen the first film, so I can’t judge (good or bad) how the sequel will turn out. Thoughts?

I… I kind of can’t believe a sequel to this is happening. :open_mouth:

I don’t even remember the first one doing so well. I never sat down to watch the whole thing (but I did catch parts of it). Hmm.

“Sherlock Gnomes” though. 8D

Seems a bit odd,considering it wasn’t a huge success financially… :confused:
the title though… :unamused:

To quote The Miz: Really? Really? Really?
Seriously. C’mon. I know the film will have its fans, but sorry, I’m not one of them. It just felt charmless and produced no emotional reaction from me besides ‘meh’.

I haven’t seen the first film.

But did it really have

a) enough artistic merit and critic approval
and/or
b) made enough money

to justify having a sequel?

Now I’m curious to watch Gnomeo and Juliet, just to see if it warranted a sequel.

But seeing I’m a sucker for wordplay, I’m already sold on the title. Sherlock Gnomes. snort Ornamentary, my dear Watson!

The animation is quite impressive and I do think it’s a clever way of retelling the Romeo and Juliet story that’s been done a million times. It did make enough money to recoup its investments, so basically the only thing working against it are the critical reviews, which at best were mediocre.

I’m kind of bored of the whole Romeo and Juliet love story that, as you’ve said, has been done a million times. It is a classic story, but it’s been done over, and over, and over. Sure, it may be done just a bit different, but it still has the skeleton that I’m tired of.

But yes, the animation from what I saw was interesting, specifically the realistic texture of the (ceramic?) gnomes.

I just don’t see any artistic merit or integrity in this film worthy of a sequel. Or for it to have to existed in the first place.
I hate to slam on a film because I know how much work goes into making one but this film just didn’t cut it, at least for me. It seems like some people here like this film at least a little, so at least Gnomeo is getting some love!

Oh no. They’re making a sequel to this? Oh well, maybe I could have a G+J marathon. I could use some sleep.

Hahaha I’ve missed you Virginia. :laughing:

Thanks! I missed you too. Let’s just say, I am not a fan of the original.

I only saw it last month. I actually liked it better than I thought. I was more impressed by the textures of the gnomes and thought some parts were funny. But it wasn’t a film I was crazy about, or would even watch again.

See, everyone said they were pleasantly surprised. And I didn’t think it looked horrible, just cheesy. So I watched it. I thought the characters were so annoying, and Tybalt lives! What? Tybalt can’t live!! This is why Shakespeare didn’t write children’s books, folks!

Virgnia: My standards were so unbelievably low. SO low. So it wasn’t as bad as I thought. I’ve seen worse. But I wasn’t a fan, I fine not ever seeing it again.

Why? Why? WhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhyWHY???

Yeah, I’m still wondering why also.

I guess it made enough money. That’s why some critically acclaimed films won’t ever get sequels, because they didn’t make enough money. Making movies is an art of course, but an art dependent on money because it’s an expensive venture. So even if a movie is insipid, with low ratings, if it made enough money it can warrant a sequel.