Hannahmation's Sketches

Oh, wow, thanks a ton Hannah! I love it! Really, wow, that’s awesome. Really honored. :smiley: It looks fantastic!

Love you guys here, :wink:

God. Why do I envy all of you that really, really can draw?

W-O-W. [No, not World of Warcraft. I know it’s lame…ah, forget it]

Yeah, Russell’s legs looked a bit long in that earlier pic, and it would be cooler if you tried a different pose (as it’s too similar to your summer pic of Russell at the beach a few months back), but other than that, I have no complaints. The face looks good, the line of action looks just about right. Maybe try a little shading?

As for ffdude1906’s bday gift, that is very cool! The colours match, the tagline’s cute, and I like the guidelines. Oh, and that little Grape Soda badge he’s wearing, too. Maybe it would be funnier if he actually frowned in that pic, but a smile ain’t bad too. :slight_smile:

There’s an old Malay proverb: “Belum cuba, belum tahu.” Literally means “Never try, never know.” So ‘cha waitin’ for? Give drawing a shot yourself! :smiley:

That’s a sweet sketch of Russell, Hannahmation! I don’t know about the legs, I don’t think they look particularly long…The shape of his head doesn’t look quite right, but I’m pretty sure it’s a million times better than anything I could ever do with Russell. :laughing: And ffdude1906’s birthday present is great, Carl looks amazing! It’s nice to see him smile for once, and I love the way you’ve coloured him in but left the sketchy lines. :smiley:

I like pics of Carl smiling. It’s kind of rare, so whenever he does, it’s really great. Sure, a frown portrays him better, but he’s got a great smile, it really makes you feel like something great has happened. I guess you’d have to see the movie to understand how good it really is, Carl’s just an amazing character.

You are most welcome, ffdude1906. I’m glad you like it.

wannabechef91: The more you draw, the better you get! Trust me. You don’t want to see any of my early drawings! :laughing:

thedriveintheatre: I actually used the same photo as reference. I wanted another go at that pose, but you’re right. I should try different poses next… and some shading. Thanks for the comments.

lizardgirl: Thanks! Yeah, Russell’s pretty tricky to get right. Hopefully one of these times I’ll get it! I’m quite fond of sketchy lines for some reason, so I’m glad you like that I left them in.

I like the sketchy look as well, not entirely sure why, but it gives it a cool handmade look. I love that you left it in the Carl drawing, looks neat! :slight_smile:

I, too, like the neat coloring and the sketchy lines left in. :smiley: It’s nicely drawn! It’s interesting that you drew Carl with a smile, what he doesn’t have that often. Good job!

I was looking at the Finding Nemo wallpaper Fabricio made and had the sudden urge to draw Gill. He’s such a great character and I haven’t seen any sketches of him around. Took me about 30 minutes to draw and color this directly into Photoshop with my Wacom tablet. (My wallpaper changes every half an hour and I was using the Nemo wallpaper as reference, so I was working against the clock!)

It looks real neat, Hannahmation! I love how you did the detail like the scar(s). And his expressions is spot-on. I also like the slight yellowish shade with the white. Good job on Gil!

Excellent job! He looks pretty good, and I agree that Gill is a great character. I need a tablet at some point, the look like a lot of fun, and really useful.

Great speed drawing, Hannahmation! I like his trademark ‘smirk’, and how you managed to draw and colour it using the Wacom (my only artpiece using it so far involved me drawing the sketch using traditional pencil first). Background gradient’s nice too! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the comments BDD, ffdude1906, and TDIT! I had a lot of fun with this, so I am hoping to do more like it.

Thought it was time for this thread to be reawakened from the dead. Sheesh, it’s been awhile!

Here’s a rough sketch of Woody I drew the other day. I plan on fixing it up and coloring it in Photoshop sometime soon. I used the latest high res still from TS3 as a reference.

Hey, the Gill one is pretty good!

Great job on the Woody sketch, Hannahmation! It almost looks just like him! I think it has something to do with the nose (but I’m not sure), but Woody looks somewhat younger…other than that, you’ve got everything nailed! I like the pose you gave him, too.

Thanks JustSoWall-eCrazy!

And thank you BDD! I see what you are saying. He does look a bit younger. I’ll play around with the nose a bit and see what happens. :slight_smile:

Ah, Gill! I love him! And he looks great! You’ve done the scarring really well, not too over-the-top but noticeable enough, and you’ve used a very nice light touch with the colouring and shading, too. He looks perfect!

Your Woody sketch it really good too, especially his expression, and his proportions seem to be spot on. The only critique I have is that his fingers look a little square around the knuckle, and that his face looks perhaps a bit flat in comparison to his body, but that’s because it hasn’t been shaded yet so I’m sure he’ll look a lot rounder with some shading. I love the detail on his check shirt, though, as well as the fade-out effect you’ve used around him. I’m looking forward to seeing him coloured, Hannahmation! :smiley:

Wow! Neat drawings Hannah! I love that Gill. Looks like in the movie one! I am so impressed, you are not only talented, but creative. To date, I failed drawing with Wacom. It’s like using Paint with mouse. :smiley:

I agree, these are good! I especially like Gill. I always have trouble trying to cartoon-ify Pixar characters. Sometimes i’m not very successful. But you certainly got Gill down pat!