Happy 8th Birthday Nemo!

This was the first Pixar film I’ve seen in theatres since Toy Story. I went in thinking that this was gonna be a stupid new-fangled 3D movie (I wasn’t a fan of Pixar then) and I came out quoting the seagulls and Dory to my siblings. This film paved the way to my first love, Cars, a few years later. Congrats on proving me wrong, Pixar!

Happy Birthday Finding Nemo

that movie had the best quotes out of the Pixar films…even though a lot of them have been quoted far too much.

Though I’m still going to go touch the butt.

Wow, six years…I can’t believe it…

Really, it’s always so shocking to realize just how long some of these films have been around.

CONGRATS MARLIN AND DORY!

…oh yeah, the one with the impy fin, too :stuck_out_tongue:

Finding Nemo is now 7 years old! Happy Anniversary to the movie that really got me into Pixar :smiley:

Happy birthday, Finding Nemo! :smiley:

Happy happy birthday to Nemo and friends!

Happy Birthday Finding Nemo! Still one of the best movies out there!

Well, I know what movie I’m watching tonight in celebration of this event!

Wow, really seven years? I remember seeing Finding Nemo in theaters for fathers day with my family! I was 11!!! And my brother was 3! Ages ago!

Well I would watch it if the DVD didn’t have scratches all over it :frowning:

Anyways, Happy 7th Birthday Nemo and Co.! :slight_smile: The movie that changed the way people called fish* still looks as good as it ever did :mrgreen:

• What I mean is, whenever anyone sees a clownfish, they automatically think it’s Nemo :laughing:

Try youtube! They have the English version uploaded on it (except for the last 10 minutes :frowning: ) and luckily for me, the full German version (Findet Nemo). I don’t have the DVD, so I’ll be watching Findet Nemo tonight, not Finding Nemo

Well I would if my laptop hadn’t broke :laughing:
Seriously. I use my DSi instead, and you can’t even watch videos on that :imp: Grrrrr.

In that case, I guess I know how long I’ve known my boyfriend. It came out the year we met…when we were ten years old. Interestingly, FN was one of the first things that brought us together, now that I think about it. It was in a really weird way that I can’t remember. We talked about it. A LOT.

How cute. Childhood sweethearts. :slight_smile:

Anyway, happy birthday to the movie that singlehandedly made me hate Pixar (it was around the time the traditional Disney Animation studio was closing down), but offered a wonderful glimpse of my future host country. I know love the characters, the scenery, the lines (Dory’s’ Don’t Leave Me’ speech is now one of my most favourite Pixar scenes ever) and the message (Sometimes you have to let go so your kids can grow up).

Let’s throw a shrimp- I mean, a steak on the barbie! :smiley:

Happy Birthday FINDING NEMO

8 years have passed since the release, Thanks Andrew Atanton for this Masterpiece

[size=150]TO INFINITY and BEYOND THE SEA[/size]

Wow, 8 years. I remember seeing it in theatres with my family on Fathers Day.

I just stumbled across this thread.

I feel really, really old.

Really? 8 years? Wow.

Yeah I should prob change that heading again. But yeah, its 8 years old now! Happy belated birthday Nemo! It certainly doesnt feel like it should be that old

Wow, 8 years, I also remember seeing the commercials in TV.

This is a very significant Pixar film for me, because it was the first one that my siblings and I saw in cinemas since Toy Story. It was also during a period for which I had an intense hatred for Pixar because of what I thought they were doing to traditionally-animated movies. I believed back then that Pixar started the whole CGI-craze that was killing the old-school animation industry, and I was quite bitter about it. I used to have motion-sickness when watching the poor CGI back then, and it was in that year (2004) that I read the announcement that ‘Home on the Range’ would be Disney’s final 2D animated film. But my parents wanted to take us because it received a great review in the local newspaper and it was doing well in the box-office, so they took it as an invitation to bring the whole family to the movies.

So I went in with anger and cynicism in my heart, and came out with an entire paradigm shift. I was moved to tears during that scene where Nigel was breathlessly telling Nemo and the tank gang of his father’s brave quest to save him, or when Dory pleaded with Marlin not to leave her because she doesn’t “want to forget”.

Of course, in two years time, a certain John Lasseter movie would change my love-hate relationship with the studio forever. But I must credit Finding Nemo for planting the seeds of doubt in the first place. And of course, here I am, in Sydney of all places, home of Nigel and the tank gang, pursuing my dreams of becoming a great storyteller like Pixar. :slight_smile:

Happy birthday to Finding Nemo, and congratulations to Stanton and his talented team! Although the ending was perfect, I certainly wouldn’t mind a sequel, if one was ever made down the road.

nice story TDIT, I dindn’t know that, I share your thoughts about the Nigel scene , I love the film too