Happy 8th Birthday Nemo!

Happy happy birthday to Nemo and friends!

Happy Birthday Finding Nemo! Still one of the best movies out there!

Well, I know what movie Iā€™m watching tonight in celebration of this event!

Wow, really seven years? I remember seeing Finding Nemo in theaters for fathers day with my family! I was 11!!! And my brother was 3! Ages ago!

Well I would watch it if the DVD didnā€™t have scratches all over it :frowning:

Anyways, Happy 7th Birthday Nemo and Co.! :slight_smile: The movie that changed the way people called fish* still looks as good as it ever did :mrgreen:

• What I mean is, whenever anyone sees a clownfish, they automatically think itā€™s Nemo :laughing:

Try youtube! They have the English version uploaded on it (except for the last 10 minutes :frowning: ) and luckily for me, the full German version (Findet Nemo). I donā€™t have the DVD, so Iā€™ll be watching Findet Nemo tonight, not Finding Nemo

Well I would if my laptop hadnā€™t broke :laughing:
Seriously. I use my DSi instead, and you canā€™t even watch videos on that :imp: Grrrrr.

In that case, I guess I know how long Iā€™ve known my boyfriend. It came out the year we metā€¦when we were ten years old. Interestingly, FN was one of the first things that brought us together, now that I think about it. It was in a really weird way that I canā€™t remember. We talked about it. A LOT.

How cute. Childhood sweethearts. :slight_smile:

Anyway, happy birthday to the movie that singlehandedly made me hate Pixar (it was around the time the traditional Disney Animation studio was closing down), but offered a wonderful glimpse of my future host country. I know love the characters, the scenery, the lines (Doryā€™sā€™ Donā€™t Leave Meā€™ speech is now one of my most favourite Pixar scenes ever) and the message (Sometimes you have to let go so your kids can grow up).

Letā€™s throw a shrimp- I mean, a steak on the barbie! :smiley:

Happy Birthday FINDING NEMO

8 years have passed since the release, Thanks Andrew Atanton for this Masterpiece

[size=150]TO INFINITY and BEYOND THE SEA[/size]

Wow, 8 years. I remember seeing it in theatres with my family on Fathers Day.

I just stumbled across this thread.

I feel really, really old.

Really? 8 years? Wow.

Yeah I should prob change that heading again. But yeah, its 8 years old now! Happy belated birthday Nemo! It certainly doesnt feel like it should be that old

Wow, 8 years, I also remember seeing the commercials in TV.

This is a very significant Pixar film for me, because it was the first one that my siblings and I saw in cinemas since Toy Story. It was also during a period for which I had an intense hatred for Pixar because of what I thought they were doing to traditionally-animated movies. I believed back then that Pixar started the whole CGI-craze that was killing the old-school animation industry, and I was quite bitter about it. I used to have motion-sickness when watching the poor CGI back then, and it was in that year (2004) that I read the announcement that ā€˜Home on the Rangeā€™ would be Disneyā€™s final 2D animated film. But my parents wanted to take us because it received a great review in the local newspaper and it was doing well in the box-office, so they took it as an invitation to bring the whole family to the movies.

So I went in with anger and cynicism in my heart, and came out with an entire paradigm shift. I was moved to tears during that scene where Nigel was breathlessly telling Nemo and the tank gang of his fatherā€™s brave quest to save him, or when Dory pleaded with Marlin not to leave her because she doesnā€™t ā€œwant to forgetā€.

Of course, in two years time, a certain John Lasseter movie would change my love-hate relationship with the studio forever. But I must credit Finding Nemo for planting the seeds of doubt in the first place. And of course, here I am, in Sydney of all places, home of Nigel and the tank gang, pursuing my dreams of becoming a great storyteller like Pixar. :slight_smile:

Happy birthday to Finding Nemo, and congratulations to Stanton and his talented team! Although the ending was perfect, I certainly wouldnā€™t mind a sequel, if one was ever made down the road.

nice story TDIT, I dindnā€™t know that, I share your thoughts about the Nigel scene , I love the film too

I remember 8 year ago when I first watched this film it was very touching. It was the first Pixar film I saw. The story related to me so much. When Nemo got lost I almost cried. I love the concept of this masterpiece.

I remember the commercials vividly too! I remember thinking Dory would be the smart one and Marlin would be clueless, for some reason. :laughing: And was disappointed to see their personalities reversed from how I thought. I watch this movie several times a yearā€¦it really is exceptional.

I didnā€™t see this movie until we got it for Christmas, and the first few minutes tore me to pieces. Now, itā€™s my least favorite Pixar movie. But I still love it.

Woah Iā€™m late. Happy birthday Nemo! I remember being absolutely in love with this when I saw it. I remember just wanting to watch it over and over again. I started discussions in class about it when I was in second grade :smiley: This is one of the first Pixar movies where I can remember seeing it in theaters, and I just want to say happy birthday and thank you! Once again, Pixar blew everyone away <3

Wow, has it seriously been 8 years since Nemo came out? I still remember the first time I saw it in theaters when I was 7 years old very clearly. Ever since then it has one of my all-time favorite films. Many thanks to Pixar for creating this beautiful masterpiece!