Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part II

I don’t wanna wait that long.

Why…?
This is terrible. But I know Slytherin pretty well, so I guess I can make all the right choices to get what I want. See? Even my means are Slytherin-worthy!

That’s what I’m hoping. In most tests, you can get the house you want because the questions are pretty obvious.

I’ve heard this one isn’t that evident :frowning:

What house to you wanna be in Spirit?

I am literaly going to die if I dont get in soon!

And when Im sorted I just dont wantt to be hufflepuff.

I heard it’s mainly people who got in on day 1, 2, and some 3 right now.

I’ve been a Ravenclaw all my life. I know it, quiz or not, and I’m confidant about the results.

But still, I think this system of Rowling is a betrayal of her own work.

No, it isn’t. Trust me, I took the quiz and spent about twenty minutes on it trying to figure it out. In the end, I got Slytherin, when I KNOW I’m a Gryffindor.

I got in on the last day, so mine might be really late…:frowning: I hate the waiting. And I hate the system. One question is actually ‘heads or tails’ and it’s SUPER random. What if we got the house we didn’t want and emailed Rowling to change it? Slytherin grin

Thier would have to be A LOT of e-mails for that to happen.

I’ve always followed these films and I also know that many of you loved the last movie, but I found it a little bit stupid, specially at the end, I was so disappointed with Bellatrix final battle, Voldemort’s death and the horrible prologue, that said I gave it a B-

I was also disaponited with Voldemort’s death.

glad to know I’m not the only one here ;-p

To be honest, I wasn’t disappointed, but I definetly thought that they could’ve done more with it.

the film is great, but the end of it struggled a bit with non sense events, imo

I never read the last book, so I watched the movie knowing that I’m going to miss important info.

I was generally happy with part 2, which is pretty big for me. I have a lot of issues with the most recent films, and most of the time I can’t even stand to watch them again. What changed in part 2 was treated well, and made up for the fact that it wasn’t in the source material. Like [spoil]Harry hiding among the students and popping out at just the right moment[/spoil]. They still maintained important stuff, like the relationship b/t Harry and McGonagall, it just appeared in a different way.

I would’ve liked to see more of Dumbledore’s history and more “reconciliation,” so to speak, between [spoil]him and Harry[/spoil], but other than that, my only big complaint was the final battle scene. In the books, [spoil]Harry’s so confident and just puts Voldy down, with everyone silently watching. When Voldemort falls over dead, there’s this pause, and then everyone cheers and swarms Harry. We didn’t get to see everyone celebrating, and that was a disappointment.[/spoil] Plus, it’s kind of the culmination of the entire series, so it really should have been done better.

Honestly, it comes down to one thing: Film Harry is not the leader that he is in the books. I saw an editorial ([url]http://bit.ly/bZpfD5[/url]) a while back on MuggleNet about this, and it really captured the problems with the last few films. In HBP and DH, people don’t rally around him like they do in the books. You don’t have the [spoil]underground radio program about Harry, or people fighting and breaking Voldemort’s Silencing Charm after Harry “dies” because they believe so strongly in him.[/spoil] So the changing of the final battle and all of that sort of fits in with this.

I loved the first part that you talked about. And the mcgonagall quotes were funny!
I wish the part were he [spoil]sees lupin tonks and fred lasted longer. Cause i was about to cry but ten he walks away and i didnt.[/spoil] JK rowling [spoil]had them die because they were pretty im portant but not to much. And she wanted you to cry crying is one of the best things to show you that you actually like the character and the whole book. In this case series.[/spoil]
And i agree there wasnt anyone around. at all… and it ws supposed to be in the main hall.

Oh, McGonagall was hilarious. The jokes were well appreciated, especially with all the death and destruction going on.

I wasn’t surprised that the deaths of [spoil]Lupin, Tonks, and Fred[/spoil] weren’t given much attention. I love the characters in the books, but [spoil]Lupin and Tonks[/spoil] especially weren’t given the attention they deserved in the films as a whole. Since they were basically ignored in 5 through part 1, I didn’t expect to see much of them in Part 2.

I didn’t find the deaths as sad in the film, anyway, because you already know what’s coming. With the book, none of us did, so I think the reactions would be a bit different there. They were for me, anyway- I was hysterically sobbing by the time the forest scene came around when I read the book for the first time.

The forest scene made me tear up, as well as the epilogue. I had one hope going into DHP2: that John Williams’ “Leaving Hogwarts,” from the final scene in the first film, would be used. Because it would really bring the films full circle, you know? And as soon as I heard the opening notes at the start of the epilogue, I was a goner. I just kept crying and babbling “he used the music!” But in my defense, it was 2 AM and I hadn’t properly slept in quite a few days.

i KNOW exaxtly what your saying with the music i wieh they use the whole thing at the end now just those few…
But I did start crying in[spoil]the snapish memory[/spoil] I looked like I had just i dont even know but I was histerical.