Has a movie been really important to your life?

Ah, yes. I still obssess over the first two TSā€™s. <3 Toy Story 2 is tied with The Incredibles for my favorite movie ever.

after seeing the third installment of the Chronicles of Narnia, I was remembered how much these movies mean to me <3 the third one wasnā€™t exactly up to par, but it was still extremely enjoyable. I love the Christian messages that they have, and watching them again reminds me how kind and loving Jesus is, and how thankful I should be for that. So thank you Narnia, you changed my life forever.

I really liked The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. I loved it. And I agree about the Christianity. But I didnā€™t like Prince Caspian, and havenā€™t seen the new one. :frowning:

^ I didnā€™t like Prince Caspian either, but the new one is pretty good! :slight_smile:

I donā€™t know what it was about PC. It didnā€™t have enough action, and the whole CaspianXSusan thing creeped me out. :shake:

^ See, I thought it had a bit too much action as compared to the first. And yes - SusanxCaspian creeped me out as well. :confused: When I saw that happening I was like, You gotta be kidding me. But I love the first one so much. <3 Iā€™m really excited to see the new one.

I think I have already said somewhere how much Ratatouille meant to meā€¦ and I donā€™t feel like writing all of that over again. :laughing: So yeah - Ratatouille has been a very important part of my life.

Some of the other movies that meant alot to me (especially when I was younger) are The Prince of Egypt, Toy Story 1&2, A Bugā€™s Life, and Tarzan - just to name a few. :wink:

:smiley: You didnā€™t name a single movie I donā€™t love(even if some of them donā€™t apply to you now)!!

And maybe got the action sequences mixed up; I havenā€™t seen either in a while. :laughing:

I do love the first one, though. And on Ratatouille, is there anyone who doesnā€™t love it? Maybe Iā€™m just here too much, but it definitely stands out as a winner. :laughing: I really love the movie, it just never occured to me how popular it was, compared to Cars and Wall-E. :smiley:

Actually, I found that Ratatouille didnā€™t seem to get much merchandise where I liveā€¦ well, not as much as compared to Cars.

And actually, I know several people who donā€™t like Ratatouille at all. :confused: Itā€™s sad, because it sends a good message to anyone who is interested in an artistic career. That is the main reason why I love it so much. <3

Yes! :laughing: Even though I saw it before I read the book, I could tell that the Caspian/Susan thing was not in the story anywhere.

It doesnā€™t get merchandise anywhere, really. Itā€™s extremely neglected at the Disney parks. They have the obligatory pins and a few stuffies. Cars has own stores dedicated to all itā€™s glory.

Sorry, I didnā€™t mean merch. :frowning: The only thing I could find was a pin(which I still have <3) of Remy and Emile hugging, and some stickers, which I used. :frowning: I just meant how much so many people appearently love it as much or more than me. :slight_smile:

Well, my life was shaped by movies, and is still determinated by them.

Theyā€™re so important to me, that Iā€™m studying to be a filmmaker.

Yesā€¦ Perhaps some people remember my story from the ā€˜dating statusā€™ thread last summer.

Also, I have a few friends now I would have never known if it werenā€™t for a few movie communities, including real life ones. :slight_smile:

It makes me so happy when you say that, because thatā€™s me, only more advanced. No one I know in scool gets it!! :frowning:

WALL-E definatley. I love it so much, and I get annoyed when people dislike it, which unfortunatly seems to be most people. 8D

Theres some long-lasting obsessions, and lots and lots of little obsessions with me:
The big/long-lasting ones:
A Bugā€™s Life
WALL-E
Pixarā€¦just in general
Bus Timetables
Busted (I was littleā€¦and their biggest fan :blush: )
Simple Plan (I was also their biggest fan until I was about 14 8D)
Beyblade when I was about 7-10 rofl
Harry Potter

Minor ones:
Tarzan :mrgreen:
Biffy Clyro
Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly
Bloc Party
The Killers
Starbucks coffeeā€¦I would, for about a month, go into Nottingham whenever I was free and had a spare 5 quid so I could to buy a Starbucks. It cost me a fortune, but we donā€™t have one in our village of course!
Specific characters from TV shows, especially (and Iā€™m goingto look like a right moron now) characters from the medical show Casualty: Guppy, Abs and Yuki 8D . And I bet 90% of people on here have never even seen Casualty 8D
Casualty. Recording the old episodes on Sky so I could watch them after work.
The Steve Wilkos Show whenever I couldnā€™t sleep. Itā€™s so funny when he goeā€™s a bright purple colour. And thats another show I used to record on Sky so I could watch after work :smiley:
The Lion King
Chernobylā€¦more about studying the physics of it though, not that Iā€™m creepy or anything

:smiley:

Prove of the contrary:

rottentomatoes.com/m/wall_e/

rottentomatoes.com/m/wall_e/

metacritic.com/movie/walle

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WALL-E#Reviews

I was sortof referring to relatives and friends :smiley:. I have shown this to my grandma, granny, mum, dad, aunt, cousin, a group of friendsā€¦and all bar the aunt and maybe 2 of the friends hated it. Obviously it was critically loved and all, but it seems to be very marmite where Iā€™m from :unamused:

Well, then they need to watch more movies :smiley:

I completely agree. I donā€™t know anyone in real life who likes Wall-E. It annoys me very badly, to the point of blood-boiling anger when someone says The Incredibles is stupid or Iā€™m stupid for liking it, or call me names for liking it. Thatā€™s an illogical thing to be annoyed by, but I get very angry by it. Same thing with the Toy Story series, and most Pixar and Disney movies.

Yesterday, I was in a coffee shop in a supermarket with my grandma and two of her friends. I had tried to get my grandma to watch WALL-E and she walked out within about 2 minutes. The dialogue went a bit like this 8D:
Me: I watched WALL-E last night.
Angie: Oh was it good?
Mama: Oh that was really boring
Me: Mama, you saw 2 minutes of itā€¦
Mama: Mary, donā€™t watch a film called WALL-E, itā€™s ever so boring
Mary: Oh, my!
Me: -facepalm-
Angie: I heard it was really good
Mama: Well itā€™s boring. It has robots in it.
And then my old GCSE French teacher happens to walk pastā€¦
French Teacher of whoms name escapes me: Oh hello Eve! How are you?
Me: -facepalm-

:unamused: