Has a movie been really important to your life?

after seeing the third installment of the Chronicles of Narnia, I was remembered how much these movies mean to me <3 the third one wasn’t exactly up to par, but it was still extremely enjoyable. I love the Christian messages that they have, and watching them again reminds me how kind and loving Jesus is, and how thankful I should be for that. So thank you Narnia, you changed my life forever.

I really liked The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. I loved it. And I agree about the Christianity. But I didn’t like Prince Caspian, and haven’t seen the new one. :frowning:

^ I didn’t like Prince Caspian either, but the new one is pretty good! :slight_smile:

I don’t know what it was about PC. It didn’t have enough action, and the whole CaspianXSusan thing creeped me out. :shake:

^ See, I thought it had a bit too much action as compared to the first. And yes - SusanxCaspian creeped me out as well. :confused: When I saw that happening I was like, You gotta be kidding me. But I love the first one so much. <3 I’m really excited to see the new one.

I think I have already said somewhere how much Ratatouille meant to me… and I don’t feel like writing all of that over again. :laughing: So yeah - Ratatouille has been a very important part of my life.

Some of the other movies that meant alot to me (especially when I was younger) are The Prince of Egypt, Toy Story 1&2, A Bug’s Life, and Tarzan - just to name a few. :wink:

:smiley: You didn’t name a single movie I don’t love(even if some of them don’t apply to you now)!!

And maybe got the action sequences mixed up; I haven’t seen either in a while. :laughing:

I do love the first one, though. And on Ratatouille, is there anyone who doesn’t love it? Maybe I’m just here too much, but it definitely stands out as a winner. :laughing: I really love the movie, it just never occured to me how popular it was, compared to Cars and Wall-E. :smiley:

Actually, I found that Ratatouille didn’t seem to get much merchandise where I live… well, not as much as compared to Cars.

And actually, I know several people who don’t like Ratatouille at all. :confused: It’s sad, because it sends a good message to anyone who is interested in an artistic career. That is the main reason why I love it so much. <3

Yes! :laughing: Even though I saw it before I read the book, I could tell that the Caspian/Susan thing was not in the story anywhere.

It doesn’t get merchandise anywhere, really. It’s extremely neglected at the Disney parks. They have the obligatory pins and a few stuffies. Cars has own stores dedicated to all it’s glory.

Sorry, I didn’t mean merch. :frowning: The only thing I could find was a pin(which I still have <3) of Remy and Emile hugging, and some stickers, which I used. :frowning: I just meant how much so many people appearently love it as much or more than me. :slight_smile:

Well, my life was shaped by movies, and is still determinated by them.

They’re so important to me, that I’m studying to be a filmmaker.

Yes… Perhaps some people remember my story from the ‘dating status’ thread last summer.

Also, I have a few friends now I would have never known if it weren’t for a few movie communities, including real life ones. :slight_smile:

It makes me so happy when you say that, because that’s me, only more advanced. No one I know in scool gets it!! :frowning:

WALL-E definatley. I love it so much, and I get annoyed when people dislike it, which unfortunatly seems to be most people. 8D

Theres some long-lasting obsessions, and lots and lots of little obsessions with me:
The big/long-lasting ones:
A Bug’s Life
WALL-E
Pixar…just in general
Bus Timetables
Busted (I was little…and their biggest fan :blush: )
Simple Plan (I was also their biggest fan until I was about 14 8D)
Beyblade when I was about 7-10 rofl
Harry Potter

Minor ones:
Tarzan :mrgreen:
Biffy Clyro
Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly
Bloc Party
The Killers
Starbucks coffee…I would, for about a month, go into Nottingham whenever I was free and had a spare 5 quid so I could to buy a Starbucks. It cost me a fortune, but we don’t have one in our village of course!
Specific characters from TV shows, especially (and I’m goingto look like a right moron now) characters from the medical show Casualty: Guppy, Abs and Yuki 8D . And I bet 90% of people on here have never even seen Casualty 8D
Casualty. Recording the old episodes on Sky so I could watch them after work.
The Steve Wilkos Show whenever I couldn’t sleep. It’s so funny when he goe’s a bright purple colour. And thats another show I used to record on Sky so I could watch after work :smiley:
The Lion King
Chernobyl…more about studying the physics of it though, not that I’m creepy or anything

:smiley:

Prove of the contrary:

rottentomatoes.com/m/wall_e/

rottentomatoes.com/m/wall_e/

metacritic.com/movie/walle

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WALL-E#Reviews

I was sortof referring to relatives and friends :smiley:. I have shown this to my grandma, granny, mum, dad, aunt, cousin, a group of friends…and all bar the aunt and maybe 2 of the friends hated it. Obviously it was critically loved and all, but it seems to be very marmite where I’m from :unamused:

Well, then they need to watch more movies :smiley:

I completely agree. I don’t know anyone in real life who likes Wall-E. It annoys me very badly, to the point of blood-boiling anger when someone says The Incredibles is stupid or I’m stupid for liking it, or call me names for liking it. That’s an illogical thing to be annoyed by, but I get very angry by it. Same thing with the Toy Story series, and most Pixar and Disney movies.

Yesterday, I was in a coffee shop in a supermarket with my grandma and two of her friends. I had tried to get my grandma to watch WALL-E and she walked out within about 2 minutes. The dialogue went a bit like this 8D:
Me: I watched WALL-E last night.
Angie: Oh was it good?
Mama: Oh that was really boring
Me: Mama, you saw 2 minutes of it…
Mama: Mary, don’t watch a film called WALL-E, it’s ever so boring
Mary: Oh, my!
Me: -facepalm-
Angie: I heard it was really good
Mama: Well it’s boring. It has robots in it.
And then my old GCSE French teacher happens to walk past…
French Teacher of whoms name escapes me: Oh hello Eve! How are you?
Me: -facepalm-

:unamused:

The 1993 Homeward Bound was one of my favourite movies as a kid, I really loved it :smiley:
I watched it very often, along with the TS and TS2, up untill about aged 7. Then drifted off it, decided to watch it again about a year later, and loved it up until aged 9-10. Then drifted off and stayed drifted off since. Well I guess every childhood movie you love can’t exactly be among your favourite movies for the rest of you life.