Has a movie been really important to your life?

Um.

Ratatouille, WALL-E, and HtTYD.

Sums up pretty much my entire teen years right there. And they’re all still very much an important part of my life to this day. All of them. <3

little chef

I expected all of those from you, Red. XD

Right now I’m a little obsessed with DisneyNature’s Earth. :smiley: And I will always be in a trance with my love for Pixar. :laughing:

Ooh!! Ooh!! Ditto on the Pixar part, although it’s Disney too for me.

OMYGOSH. I seriously thought that I was the only one who did this. I definately have obsessions for periods of time, and then there’s those few that I will always love. <3
Mostly, Disney, Pixar, and Audrey Hepburn. But for example, right now I can’t get enough of Tangled. If you look at some of my school work you would see doodles and quotes from whatever I’m obsessed with that week, or month, or whatever. Right now, there’s just a ton of Rapunzel everywhere xD.

Well, I can understand that. You’re a guy, and, well, she’s really cute. XD

I’d say Monsters, Inc., but it was an obsession with Randall that really sparked it all off and hasn’t died down in the eight or so years since the movie was released. I’ve loved other things here and there, but it’s not quite the same.

Nothing will ever be the same as Up for me. Honestly, that flying house, those gorgeous colors… I miss 2009 a lot, but then I remember, “ya gotta move on!” :stuck_out_tongue:

^I’m still realllly into Up, even though it’s not my main thing.

I’d say my main “obsessions” would be Star Wars, The Simpsons, and Pixar.
Although I would never say I’ve been obsessed with something to the point that I am bringing it up in conversation an abnormal amount to the point that it would cause me any embarrassment.
I also have phase obsessions that will last a week or two then kind of forget about it a bit, I will still like that movie/tv show/band/video game/ect, just not to the point that I could call it an obsession. I can’t say I’ve ever been so obsessed with an obsession that it has caused me any embarrassment, all my friends know that my obsessions exist but I never have felt any embarrassment because of them, maybe I just have friends who are very accepting of who I am :slight_smile:

That makes sense. I have mini-obsessions between breaks in my huge ones. :slight_smile:

When I saw the trailer for Walle where Andrew talked about the “infamous lunch” before Ratatouille, when I saw Walle look in the sky at the stars, I became obsessed about that movie right then and there. When I left the movie theater, I went home trying to find whatever I could on Walle. To bad Pixar is so top secret! :smiley: But I couldn’t stop talking about the movie as more info was released as the release date got closer. And it ended up being my favortie movie of all time! I’ve seen it countless times, I have all kinds of Walle toys in my room, whenever I bring it up, people roll their eyes because I’ve talked about it so much. It inspired me to pursue animation as a career. After years of just exisisting and not knowing what I wanted to do with my life and working a dead end job. Actually Ratatouille and Up also inspired me, I like to call those movies, “the immaculate three!” :smiley: But Walle inspired me most of all. I have the beginning of Put on You Sunday Clothes on my voicemail. Some people mistake it for a song sung by Spongebob, who I also love.

I’m a bit ashamed to admit this one, but I was obsessed with the original High School Musical movie for a while. I listened to the soundtrack all the time and watch the movie, sometimes two times a day. Part two was ok. I loved a few of the songs and part 3 was terrible. I understand that they wanted to make it grand, because it was being released in the theater, but sometimes less is more.

Aww, your Wall-E obsession sounds like my more radiant obsessione. :laughing:

The HSM thing is okay, as long as you respect that others dislike it. That’s my problem with some of its fans, as well as the Twihards.

That sounds exactly like me too. :smiley: I can really relate to this quote.

Actually, the one movie that I really obsessed over in my childhood was Finding Nemo. I was SO obsessed with that movie like crazy. I would watch it over and over again, I would beg my parents to buy Nemo merchandises for me (I actually own this really beautiful Nemo snowglobe on my desk in my room), I would talk to my brother about it all the time, and I even had the dialogue memorized at one point that it really scared my friends, lol. :laughing: In fact, I watched it so many times in my youth that it really became a part of my childhood, and it’s definitely a movie that I hold dear and cherish really close to my heart. <3

But I think that’s the only “movie” obsession I had that affected me so much. Naturally, I grew out of it and by the time I got older, I was heavily into anime and manga, with Sailor Moon, Digimon, and Naruto being my top fandoms. For years and YEARS I was convinced that I’d love anime/manga forever and that leaving that obsession behind was a really crazy and a ridiculous thought for me. But… I did. And right now, as much as I still do like anime/manga (I still need to catch up with a few of the titles I’m following), I’m way more into Disney and Pixar films right now, specifically the classic ones.

Which goes to show that you really CAN’T be certain about something, because things ARE bound to change in the future. :wink:

Though right now, the things I’m really heavily into are: Disney animated movies, Disney’s upcoming movie Tangled as well as the Disney Princesses (with Jasmine and Belle being my favorites, though I really think all of these girls are strong and unique in their own way). But really, I just absolutely adore classic Disney, but I don’t really mind and even like some of their new stuff too. I even plan to start a Disney collection pretty soon and buy some little princess figurines, and collect movie DVDs. My family and I might even potentially go to Disneyland either this summer or next year, so I’m pretty excited. :smiley:

I find the title a little insidious, as implies that you lose all control of your life to an inanimate object. I prefer “Have you been an Über-Fan of a movie?”

Semantics aside, I can’t say I ever willfully surrendered myself to a movie to the point of obsessiveness. I mean, I go about my daily life, and I hang out with my family and friends and try to finish my homework on time and all that. But it’s in the quieter moments when I’m daydreaming to myself that I find myself thinking about the latest movie I’ve watched and all that.

My periods of fandom last longer from a few months (like in the case of Bolt, Up, and Toy Story 3) to a few years (like Wall-E, The Dark Knight and Cars). How fast I ‘move on’ depends on whether I’ve satisfied my fanwork that I deem it deserves (be it in the form of videos, forum signatures and art) and how soon the next film to look forward to is coming. That’s not to say I have totally forgotten about previous fandoms, I do like to revisit them from time to time, especially if there’s a sequel on the way or a new animated short or whatever, and I do look back on them with fond memories.

Right now, I find myself thinking of possible fanwork (as opposed to actually knuckling down to doing them, lazy me) for Legend of the Guardians, How to Train Your Dragon and the upcoming Tangled and Rio. :slight_smile:

Dana: Belle and Jasmine are my favorite princesses, too!! :smiley:

Sorry, I didn’t realize the name of this thread was offensive, I just wanted to see if anyone around here(if anywhere) got into this stuff as much as me. :neutral_face:

God i always get that way about anything Disney YD the latest phase of mine has been Toy Story of course YDD but I’m getting into Beauty and the Beast a little more but Toy Story 3 will be out soon too so it will probably flip between those two and Rapunzel ^^ she is just to damn cute!!! 0 i saw the cutest child version doll of her and i was squealing in the store YDD yes i so squeal i kid you not. YD that shows what a nerd i am Y3

My, you remind me of my ex-boyfriend! He was obsessed with the Dark Knight and the Joker, I use to always tease him about being a Batman fan and a redcoat! :laughing:

I love Disney, too, khstar. They’re awesome. :sunglasses:

As everyone can most likely tell…the Incredibles has been extremely important to my life. :sunglasses: :laughing: