Has Anyone had a crush on a cartoon character?

Thanks! He doesn’t have a first name in the movie, so I made one up. I call him Ivan. I guess part of what makes me attracted to him is that I have a crush on other characters (non animated) his voice actor plays, and also that I think they kind of resemble each other a little bit (both tall, dark hair, bigger nose). That’s how I got interested in the movie. In fact, one of the other characters is my avatar right now (on the left, if it’s the one with the 2 guys).

Whoah, that’s cool! :smiley: I can’t help but think Ivan is a perfectly fitting name for him too. :slight_smile:

:smiley: Have you seen Frankenweenie?

I did! I really liked it. I like most of Tim’s movies quite a bit, especially for the aesthetic value. :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t call myself a Tim fan exactly since I haven’t seen many of his movies. I’m not really into the “dark” types of movies, which it seems like his tend to be sort of, but I do like Frankenweenie and Edward Scissorhands.

I forgot to say that I also love Mr. R’s accent. :smiley: It sounds Eastern European. I read an interview with the actor online, and he said the accent technically isn’t Russian (which I thought it sounded like), so I’m going to pretend he’s Ukrainian. I even checked to make sure a name ending in “ski” could be Ukrainian, and I looked for Ukrainian first names, and that’s how I found Ivan.

Sorry, I just love talking about him (and crushes in general).

Ah…okay

Do you own that phone case?

No, I don’t have a fancy phone like that. I just like that picture. It also comes on other things too, like a notebook.

Let’s see…here’s one part of my favorites list.

Merida–Brave
Dopey–Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Blu–Rio
Cosmo–Fairly Odd Parents
Chicken Joe–Surf’s Up
Runt–Chicken Little
Princess Atta–A Bug’s Life
Gru–Despicable Me
Rhino–Bolt
Scrat–Ice Age
Boog–Open Season

Well, I don’t exactly have a crush on those, but they are some of my favorites.

^omg Chicken Joe!!! He’s cool. Don’t have a crush on him, but he’s cool.

I had crush on Cindrella from the animated series when i first saw it :blush:

There’s an animated series!

Okkay, for me definitely Tulio and Miguel from Road to El Dorado.

^^Yeah, I was unaware that one ever existed. :open_mouth:

Oh no! See it! It’s one of my favorite animated movies.

Oh, no, I was referring to the the post above yours that you were also replying to, about a Cinderella series existing! 8D I love Road to El Dorado!

Is it ok if we make note of platonic crushes in this thread? As in, “they’re really cool and I like them but I’m not romantically attracted to them in any way”? :laughing: I feel like some of us have already done it… myself most likely included. :laugh:

Well anyway, I really like Sailor Mercury lately. It might be because I like blue hair but I think she has an attractive personality. I feel like too often in media they play up the shy, bookish-type girl to be overly idealized and so ridiculously cute to appeal to audiences, but I feel like they’ve got her character just right—it is charming, but not played up unbelievably. She’s not antisocial or anything, but I can really see eye-to-eye on her with needing lots of time to be by myself and the problems that sometimes creates.

Oh, okkay I see! Haha. And yes, I think that’d be acceptable!

And Sailor Mercury is my favourite of the gang by the way!

I can’t lie, the protagonists of Road to El Dorado are pretty good looking too, while we’re on that topic… :laughing:

Although now whenever I look at them, all I can think is “their lovechild would be Flynn”

Hahaha, their lovechild!

I have a thing for jungle-girl characters, so you can imagine how much of an impression Princess Kida and Chel-Dorado made on me as a pre-teen back in the early noughties.

Just look up “Kida” and “Chel” in the search bar above and you’ll see my earlier posts about them!

I wonder whether anyone has a crush on a non-human cartoon character, personality-wise.

Well i’ve always thought EVE was cool but for other reasons, not necessarily a crush.