Haunt's Art

Holy cow! THis is a really sweet picture of Violet. I can feel the emotion in this picture. Really well done, especially with the rain and wet effect.

^Thank you! :slight_smile:
Glad to know the nuances came through clearly.

You’re welcome Haunt. I can’t wait to see more from you.

Excellent work with Violet Haunt, she looks great! I went back and looked at some of your older work, and I really love your sketches of Russell, looks like what he’d look like at 13 or 14, very cool! I really wish I could develop my own style soon and be able to draw custom poses and stuff, I envy that. I just hope when I do, they can be as recognizable as they are in your pieces! Excellent work!

^ Wish no more! All you need is practice my friend. Life drawing, going to the zoo, going to farms, people watch. Make goals to fill a sketch book in a month or two. Look to the classics: Carvaggio, Rembramt, Titian, Michelangelo, ect. Art books from movies are another great source of character developement and structure.
I thought myself to draw, so it’s not impossible! :slight_smile:

That’s really incredible Haunt. That’s gotta be one of my favorites from you. Glad to see you drawing again :slight_smile: ! The picture captures Violet’s sadness wonderfully. It really shows how she’s feeling. The rain’s a great affect, too. And Violet’s hair is absolutely beautiful. You did a great job :slight_smile: ! I really like it! Keep it up, Haunt!

That looks really great, Haunt! I love how you set the mood the of the drawing. It’s quite nice!

How are you liking Flash? I’ve only used a few times for some lines tests and animatics. Takes a while to get used to!

That looks amazing, Haunt! I agree with TSS. I can really sense the emotion in there. I really like the way it’s done, with a rainy, gloomy background and a zoom on Vi’s facial expression on the side. I LOVE the way you did the dripping water down her face…it looks almost natural. :smiley:

Wow. A lot of emotion and angst being expressed there!

Just a doodle from last night while listening to Wonderful and Live Like We’re Dying. Liked it enough to color it.

I so rarely draw them being nice to each other. It seems they’re always running after a baddie, or in some life or death battle. Or even more commonly bickering, teasing, or beating the snot out of one other. Sometimes I have to remind myself that they love each other to bits.
So yeah, 'tis the season to not annihilate thy sibling :slight_smile:

Happy Holidays kids!

Also, I dare you to listen to either of those songs and not see a montage of happy hugging scenes :3

Aww, what a sweet picture to remind us of the family spirit in The Incredibles. Nice work, Haunt! I love the expressions on their faces- they look very genuinely happy- and the colour adds a lot of warmth to the scene.

I just want to tell you thank you for such an incredible picture you’ve drawn Haunt. I really love it. But what makes this picture special to me is the theme of a grown up Violet and Dash, who in the movie would constantly fight, hugging each other. Such a sweet picture.

I’ll admit when I saw this picture, you almost made me shed a tear. The other day, I got into a huge fight with my brothers. I felt rage, anger and hatred toward them for the rest of the day. But when I say this picture, I was reminded of all of the Incredible times that we’ve shared with each other. And no matter what we all go through, I will always love them in the end.

lizardgirl: aww thanks! I’m glad you like it. I give credit to the music for making them look happy. Happy music makes happy incredi-kids :slight_smile:

TSS: You’re so very welcome. We’ve all got different version of the two of them years after the film, and it’s hard to figure out just how their lives will be. It was always my hope that no matter what they were still a family fighting the good fight together.
And I hope you’ve patched it up with your bros. Holidays can be stressful like that.

Great piece, Haunt! I love the expressions. You can really feel the sibling love! I have a younger brother and we used to fight a lot. Your drawing reflects our relationship now that we have both gotten older. It’s really nice. :smiley:

Hannahmation: Thanks. I’m kinda surprise at how many people are relating to this one.
It’s a bit ironic. My bro and I argue a lot more now that we’re older. :laughing:

Aw, Haunt, I gotta say, I’m really very impressed with this one. Not only is it drawn spectacularly, but the idea itself is very sweet <3 . I don’t have any siblings myself, but this picture kinda makes me wish I did. I love the idea of Violet and Dash getting along. And they’re hugging! It’s just briliant! And the bright colors really bring out the happyness and love in the picture. It’s also a nice contrdiction to your last piece. I love it, Haunt! Keep up the great work!

Violet Parr: lol, I didn’t even notice how contrasting this one and the Miss Invisible piece were. Gloomy/melancholy vs smiles/sappy goodness. :laughing:
I had kind of forgotten I drew that one. School has that effect on me.
And I’m glad you like it.

Wow-whee, that’s got to be your best yet, Haunt! So sweet and heartwarming, perfect for the festive season mood! I’ve got younger sibs, so I totally understand the love-hate relationship thing. I love your shading, it almost looks like a comic-book cover. Did you paint this digitally?

TDIT: Thanks a bunch! Yes this is digital. And this is the coloring style I use for my comics. Would you like me to do a tutorial one day? I never got one done over the summer and I have some new art I could use as an example. Let me know.

(Heh. Also, I’ve replaced Kris Allen’s album cover in my iPod to that last pic of Vi and Dash so that it comes up whenever “Live Like We’re Dying” plays. Cheers me up)

I wasn’t planning to post anything here today, but I’ve been going through my hard drive for character work and I found a bunch of crossover doodles from my Incredibles/teen titans x-over. Most that stuff is forgettable but I just had to post this one:

In the story, Dash-o here has a crush on one of the titans. I won’t go into details, but there once was a massive throwdown between Violet and Dash regarding the phrase “raven-loaf”
:unamused:

oooh, Dash has a crush on Raven (who is almost similar to Violet)? Dude, I guess this is where karma comes in to play! I love it Haunt! Really neat!