Haunt's Art

It looks very very very nice! I like the idea of Vi picking up a guitar to escape from her stressing life. You’re good with shading, even rough shading, to give the picture depth.

lennonluvr9: Thanks

Mitch: Heh, thanks! back when the movie was first released I had a hard time with drawing the Parrs, mainly because they were all so disproportional. (I’ve been quoted a couple times for calling her a crime-fighting lollipop.) Same problem with Dash. He’s only what, 2 1/2 heads tall? Lol, I don’t know why it’s hard for.
I’'m gonna take a crack at some UP characters. Those are all sorts of shapes I’ve never tried before.
Wait, were you saying I draw her how she would look in real life or how I look in real life?

TSS: Thank you much! I thought it made good sense too ^^
As for the fic, I’ll have to write a prologue regarding previous events and character descriptions. I’m not quite sure how much folks around here know about the teen titans universe.

lizardgirl:
Thanks! And you’re the only one to mention that so far lol

BDD: Thanks! I’ve been trying harder lately with descriptive shading and environments. I guess it’s finally starting to sink in.

And now for more warm up doodles!

Dash’s turn! Drew him older than usual. This is probably around 16 or 17. Years ago I thought it’d be cool if he had a longboard. I’ve been told they’re still really popular in cali.
Totally inspired by Mighty Mighty Bosstones’ Rascal King and The Veronica’s Untouched. The latter has a lot of potenial for speed based battle scenes.
Sometimes I feel like I see in music instead of color ^^;

All I can say is wow. I love your interpretation of a teenaged Dash. He is looking really speedy. Nice work.

Thanks a bunch. I had fun with these.

You’re welcome Haunt. I can’t wait to see more.

I agree with TSS, there’s a lot of movement in those sketches because of the way you’ve drawn them, and that goes perfectly with Dash’s speedy persona. Loving the longboard idea too- he is definitely going to be a skater kind of guy when he’s older! And you’ve still got his trademark cockiness down pat, something I can also see increasing as he gets into his teenage years, haha.

^ His cockiness at such a young age is what I found so endearing about his character in the movie. I always figured it 'd become a lot more apparent, but I also trusted his sense of duty would grow with it as well.
I’ve also found that static pictures of Dash are way harder to draw than ones in motion. It’s uncanny :laughing:

Wonderful sketches! Your interpretation of older Dash is great and you managed to keep his personality too! Nice job!

Your older Dash is amazing, I love the modern spin with the baggy clothes and the emblem on his glove. The long board was an awesome touch too. Is such a cool design~ makes me want to draw him.

I absolutely love the angle you used on the last one, it would look great as a finished illustration.

Haunt - No problem, dude!

I don’t blame you for having a difficult time in drawing the Parrs – humans are hard to sketch in general. Concerning Violet, she is kind of a lollipop, when you think about it. Does she ever eat? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yesss!! Draw Russell! Draw Russell!! :mrgreen:

The latter. Heheh.

As for your latest batch of sketches: Dude, that’s Dash?! That’s awesome! It looks like something out of a comic book, I swear…

– Mitch

Cool! I like how you captured his energetic personality and pictured him as a teenager. I like the design of his Incredible glove. Awesome and artistic.

Mitch wrote-

I couldn’t help but take a stab at this one! Why the heck is Violet so skinny?! I mean, DANG! I know that cartoon characters are anatomically incorrect, and the females are usually super skinny, but still… Does she have anorexia or something?

But to get back on topic,-- WOW!-- Great sketches, Haunt! I love the one of Violet with the guitar. And I totally agree with you on the Violet picking up an instrument thing. :-D) Though, I always pictured her playing the piano, but I could totally see her playing a guitar, too. :wink:

The one of an older Dash is great, too. Like Mitch said, it looks like something out of a comic book. And I’m a BIG fan of that stile. I swear, anyone who can shade by cross-sketching has a God given talent.

Hannahmation: Thanks!

NeonRmx: If you want to take a crack at the design I won’t object. I saw your work on dA. I love to see your spin on him.
And I’m not sure what I’m going to do with the bottom pic. I have some ideas though :slight_smile:

Mitch: I guess the dinner table scene kind of explained it. I was always super stubborn about what I ate when I was young. I was really skinny at that age too.
Oh, I have ideas for my UP doodles. Fear not!

And yeah, I guess she does look a little like me. She’d need on heck of a tan to match my skin tone though lol! Oh, and maybe during the summer I might be getting some purple in my hair. I’ve always wanted to dye it colors!

And thanks! I’ve noticed my stuff have been turning a little towards the comic side of entertainment arts.

BDD: Thanks! I designed him after I designed VI, and I realized that I needed to get the “I” on im somewhere too (Vi wears a pendent). I wanted make sure that, like Vi’s, it didn’t clash with his own personal style.

violet parr: Thanks a bunch! Oh trust me, piano was my second choice, followed closely by the violin.

I’m happy you like the style. I always worry sometimes that I’ve wondered to far from the original designs. Not that it’d stop me or anything :unamused:
And believe it or not it’s really just scribbling. If you know where to place shadow it never really matters how you shade. :slight_smile:
I don’t know. Maybe in the summer I’ll do a tutorial for the PP artists.

Like I mentioned to Mitch, I bet her eating habits were just a phase.

So… Much… De-tail… So… Little… Space…

Head Cannot compute at 12am… and feels like its blowing up… But it knows one thing

Wow… Haunt these are spectacular… There’s just something about them that makes it different from everyone elses sketches… and I think its just that… the Style…

And even though you Claim its “Scribbling” I’ve never quite seen character come from a scribble (I’ve seen biuldings which my brother did for A Level Art) but never character…

I’ll be one of the First to enroll in your class come the summer… Just speak very slowly… and I’ll still fail!

If that Violet drawing is a “warm-up doodle”, you have serious talent. I am loving that sketch. It’s brilliant.

I have an appreciation that you also stuck an Up reference in there too, that gave me a smile :slight_smile:

Haunt- “Crime-fighting lollipop,” HA! :laugh: I gotta remember that one!

violet parr - I know, man! I’m with Haunt concerning her eating habits, though. Perhaps her introvertedness had something to do with it, as well, if not to a lesser degree.

Haunt - Yeah, that sequence did answer a lot. Charicature-ization played an obvious part in it too, but still. If anyone was that skinny they’d be dead. (snigger)

Ha! Cool. I don’t know what you look like in real life, but, yeah, I always pictured you as a Violet look-alike, for some reason.
I’m sure your hair would look awesome in purple…

You’re welcome, and awesome! I look forward to seeing those Up sketches. :wink:

– Mitch

Holy crap I’m so stressed out. 3 presentations in 2 days has got me zonked. Not to mention that I stayed up til 7am last night working on an animatic for my senior film. Then I napped til 9 and got up to get to school for Trad. Animation. That means I been up for about 40 hours minus a two hours nap. Whhooo pre-finals week!
Anyways, lots of art getting done for school. Papers and storyboards/animatics.concept for my senior film! I’ll have to introduce you guys to my main characters after finals.
In the meantime have some Russell. Cause Mitchy demanded it lol

Sorry Mitch. They’re kinda fugly. I’ll try again later when I have more time.
The only one that felt even remotely right was the one in my style. :confused: I think I need another nap…

Russell looks a lot older in this sketch than in the movie. However, I think you did a really well done with him Haunt. It looks really nicely drawn. You are good with drawing humans huh? :wink:

^ Yeah, I haven’t had a lot of practice with little kids. And I was reallllyyy tired :laughing:
I’ll try again later, when I need to warm up or destress.