Hellllooo, Dolly!

I think Hello Dolly is fantastic! Glad you enjoyed it, JustSoWall-eCrazy!

I remember borrowing it a few years ago back when I was all Wall-E crazy. It’s a bit long and slow-paced (as most movies of that age tend to be), but I’ll be darned if it’s not the happiest movie I’ve ever seen.

I dunno, films from those days are just so sincere and earnest, they almost seem new amid all the jaded and gloomy flicks nowadays. The park scene (which was what Wall-E constantly watches) is a great sequence!

I’m remembering this through nostalgia-glasses, so I might have to rewatch it to refresh my memory. :slight_smile:

I actually watched Hello Dolly strictly because I saw it in WALL-E. Its not bad. It seems kinda typical for the movie musicals of that era so if you like that kinda thing you’ll probably enjoy it. I’m afraid with a few of the songs all I could think about was WALL-E though. :wink:

TBH I didn’t like Hello Dolly! at all. :blush:

Aww, it’s been a couple years but I thought this was a cute movie with good songs! Kind of overdrawn at times, but if anything it was loads of fun to look at. What did you dislike about it Netbug?

TBH I don’t even remember. I watched it forever ago. :~o

I STILL haven’t seen Hello Dolly. I actually heard that Andrew Stanton originally wanted WALL-E to be listening to 1930s French Swing music, but changed it because he didn’t want people to think he was copying Triplets of Belleville.