History

I’m dying to go to the East part of the USA. Partly because I inherited some stuff from my family of history nuts. :stuck_out_tongue: But also because there’s nothing very historic anywhere near where I live.

Wow! That sounds like my type of thing! I love books that have ‘look into life’ type things. I like to see how the average person felt and went through in their time, it is a emotional way to look into history.

Yay! Another history nut! New Mexico, right? I actually was watching a documentery yesterday about Billy the Kid and his adventures there. Also there must be some pretty cool Native American sites around!

But I know what you mean. Coming from California, things are a lot younger than on the east coast. That’s one reason I love New York so much. Just think of all the history there is on Broadway. We know it now as the theatre district. But it use to be an old Native American trail. And then during the Revolution, General Washington uesd Broadway to evacuate his troops from the City.

I really want to explore the East more indepth, especially Virginia!

American History was one of m y favorite classes. I like reading about the late 1600s to the 1700s (maybe that is why I enjoyed Liberity kids)

If you love Colonial things go to Colonial Willaimsburg. I have been there four times love it, it is avtually like your walking around in the 1700s. You can also go to George Wahsington’s home too (that was great)

Yep! I’ve seen some Billy the Kid stuff here, it’s interesting. And we do have some neat Native American stuff.
So, I admit, we have some cool museums and things here, but I’ve lived here all my life, so I’ve pretty much seen everything. :stuck_out_tongue: But thankfully we do get a new museum or something every now and then.

Yay! Another fan of my favorite time period. And you liked Liberty’s Kids? I have all 40 episodes on DVD! Which came with a free poster, which is hanging on the back of my door!

And I’d love to go to both Mount Vernon and Colonial Williamsburg someday.

That’s awesome! Yeah, the TV special I was watching about Billy the Kid mentioned him being important to NM history, and I thought of you, bc you’re from there!

Wow I thought I was the only person who watched Liberty kids lol. That show was awesome I wished I was back in that time period sometimes.

If you get the chance you’d love it. There are so many things to do at Colonial Williamsburg it’s ridicluous. The got great reenactments too.

If I could to live in another time period, I’d defintely choose the late 17th Century. Between the Enlightment that changed the world of religion, philosophy, and science and the American Revolution it was just an overall awesome time.

I actually use to use a Liberty’s Kids sig!

I’ve never heard someone go to Williamsburg and walk away disapointed. I know I’ll love it!

Is there any historical places you haven’t been to, but want to go?

Oh def. I’d really love to go to mount rushmore. I also want to see Paul Revere’s House.

Aww, those would be crazy cool places! I really want to go to Col. Williamsburg, Philadelphia, and Washington D.C.

All place I’ve been to :smiley: . I take living a few minutes from D.C for granted. It is as a radio show said “the center of the world.” What is your favorite historical place you’ve been to?

Hmmmm, well. I’d probably say the Laura Plantation which is near New Orleans, Louisiana. Also the French Quarter in New Orleans, Ellis Island, and Sonoma State Historic Park.

I haven’t been to a lot of historical places, but I definetely really love going to Alcatraz.

Now those are all place I’ve never gone too! Did you go to New Orleans during Mardi Gras? Speaking of historical parks I would love to go to Yellowstone park such a beautiful place

Oh Yellowstone is so beautiful. If you ever want to camp anywhere, this has got to be on your list.

I have lived in the San Francisco area my whole life, and have yet to visit there! I want to.

I did not go during Mardi Gras, but I would love to some day! I too would like to go to Yellowstone as well.

EJE: Oh alcatraz is so cool, yet when you listen to the audio tour, it gives you a chilling feeling.

I’m taking two history courses this semester - American History since 1877 and Western History to 1648.

Will Smith approves! :wink:

Now I’m taking a Drama class and all I’m learning about in that class is Asian American history about oppression.

Major thread bump. Almost hasn’t been used for a year!

So if you guys could have the opportunity to meet one person from history, who’d it be? And why?

No lists! Just one!