Holidays 2011

Nice list!!

What’s the BEST gift yo guys ever got for Christmas?

Well, last year, I got an accurate-to-screen Woody. <3 I also got a Rapunzel doll and a Bell doll, and TS3 and Despicable Me. Basically, everything I got last year, was the best thing I’ve ever gotten.

For me, it’s a some of binoculars.

I think the best gift I ever got was a set of Prismacolor pencils, tracing paper, and some other drawing supplies. :sunglasses:

Wow, that’s awesome! :smiley:

Very good gifts. But my Binoculars the the coolest. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

I’m Dutch so we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving at all. I don’t mind, though - we’ve got Sinterklaas. 8D We skip Sint in favour of Christmas, though.

Well, technically I did celebrate Thanksgiving virtually on Tumblr… as King K. Rool…

/nerd

Haha, fantastic drawing!

What do most of you do for New Years?

On the night of New Year’s Eve, my family plays video games, eats snacks, and attempts to stay up over 24 hours. :-D) Then on New Year’s Day we’re all drowsy and sick to our stomachs. 8D :unamused:

On New Year’s Eve usally stay up to one or so. At midnight I usally go outide and make very load noise. New Year’s Day just happy it’s a new year.

I greatly enjoy the time from October-December. Merry Thanksgivoween (and a Happy New Year). I had a very nice Thanksgiving and a fun weekend shopping. I have no idea whats going on with Christmas because I dont know what everyone’s doing. New Year’s Eve is my birthday so that should be a fun time (and that’s the SOLE reason I kinda want to see the New Year’s Eve movie :wink:)

grrr, slight holiday- themed rant coming up so we are putting up the inside decorations today and our Christmas tree is about 17 years old. (yes, its artificial) so we are looking for a new one, but apparently the Tree manufacturers don’t make trees between 4.5 foot and 7 foot anymore, we need a 6 foot tree (we have a train layout under the tree and it needs to be high enough my dog can’t get on it easily, plus we don’t have huge ceilings, there like 8 foot). We have been looking for a 6 foot tree for 3 years now, and that don’t seem to make them (or their some random neon color, or skinny). when did it become so hard to make a full sized, 6 foot, natural looking tree?

ok. Rant over :slight_smile:

in other news, its supposed to start snowing this week :smiley: yes, we have had snow alredy this year, but once was at night (no one saw it) and once was evaporating before it hit the ground :frowning:

My dad said he read were supposed to have an “eventful December”.

I just set up my tree this weekend, and it’s full of Disney ornaments. My family’s not big on NYE, but I love love love Christmas. The charming atmosphere, the gently falling snowflakes, the '40s songs, the movies… and of course, the presents, but I like to give and receive.

Here’s most of my list:

• Disney blu-rays like The Lion King diamond edition, Bambi, Alice in Wonderland, and Dumbo
  • Cars 2 blu-ray
  • The Incredibles blu-ray
  • Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind blu-ray
  • Tales from Earthsea DVD
  • Despicable Me DVD
  • Rio DVD
  • Secret Sunshine blu-ray
  • 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami, one of my favorite authors
  • The Art of Ratatouille and some other books on animation
  • Vegan cookbooks
  • Kitchen items, like an electric deep fryer and a dutch oven
  • Certain pricier foods, like pure maple syrup (I’m not a big fan of the fake stuff) and vegan chocolate/candy bars

Wow, long list!! Great choices. :smiley:

If we can, we should all get on the chat on Christmas Eve and talk for a while.

Great idea! And maybe we could do it again on New Year’s Eve. :smiley:

Yeah, we need to see if all the members can do that.