Home on the Range

Home On the Range is passable Disney-by-the-numbers, nothing special, worthwhile mostly for its technical aspects–especially character design and backgrounds. The story could have used more work, which might be a function of a schedule-change rush. The climax is rather improbable with regard to timing/geography/mechanics.

Although HOTR is more enjoyable than the awful Madagascar movie, it suffers from the same fundamental flaw–when animals and humans mix, there should be clear rules about animals’ human capabilities. For example, why can animals read newspapers but humans can only hear cows moooooo instead of speaking with various affectations? And how is it that animals are stymied by simple devices like ropes but have the necessary skills to operate complex machinery? Maybe because hooves aren’t opposable thumbs? Inquiring minds want to know!

That would be the absolute worst Disney movie ever. 8D

They should release it in theaters if it gets made. I dare them!

8D Watch them do that.

“Home on the Range 2. “The best movie of the year!”- New York Times.” Coming Summer 2014."

This isn’t my favorite Disney movie by far. Not even in my top.

But I dno’t think it’s AS bad as everyone makes it out to be. It has interesting animation, good songs, and Lucky Jack was cool. And Steve Buscemi was in it! So it has it’s perks.

Story wise, it’s not great. But I think it’s better than most people give it credit for.

I wonder what Doug will say about this movie.

Hmm, I wonder that also. I’ve agreed with every one of his reviews I’ve seen so far. I found his reviews for many of the renaissance films so far spot on.

Their was some Disney movies I don’t care for that he likes. He make like this one, he may not.

I’ve only seen about ten of them, but I agree so far. 8D

I’ve seen most of them. Most I agreed, some I disagrred. I disagred on his Emperors New Grove. I like most of it, he only likes the villains. I will admit I even thought it looked stupid when it first came out, and I was like 9. I was about 12 or 13 when this movie came out.

I always misjudge movies. 8D

Well I saw his review, and …He hated it. I agree with him on most parts. I do like the chracters a little more but I agree the plot is boring and all.

My comedy video review of Disney’s Home on the Range:

Part 1:
youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-KBc … ature=plcp

Part 2:
youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie0bV … ature=plcp

Part 3:
youtube.com/watch?v=G3VeaP7K … ature=plcp

A lot of people complain that is a bad movie. Though I do agree that this is indeed a bad film, I don’t think its as bad as other films I’ve seen.

EDIT: Never mind, I’ll be a loner and say this I kind of like the film okay. I recently re-watched the film and laughed at a number of scenes, even though some didn’t make that much sense. Apparently, one of the directors has said some pretty rude things online, though.

I agree, it is a tiny bit better than Chicken Little. By which I mean, if my life depended on it I could say one nice thing about this film: I like when Randy Quaid yodels classical themes. Chicken Little has no good scenes. Still not a fan of either movie though.

Yeah, say what you want about this film, but it at least TRIED to tell a story.

Randy Quaid just sang the lyrics (if you can call that singing); the yodeling was all done by professional yodelers.

Oh, okay. Well then when his character yodels.