How has *insert mode of religion* inspired you?

Growing in a Christian household, I look back and feel that my parents’ mod of religion was shoved in my throat. But now that I’m an young adult, outgrew my parents beliefs (yet still respect them)*, I feel more inspired to give my Christian faith a chance through storytelling, animation and art.

Now I know not everybody on this forum is a Christian, but I’d like to hear how your mode of religion has inspired you and what you accomplished through it.

As my Spanish teacher once said, share your pearls of wisdom. :wink:

I was raised a Christian and still am, luckily my parents are not very uptight about it nor are they the extremist brand of conservatives (although they are conservatives). But in recent years, me growing in my faith and finding other Christians through the internet have caused me to become stronger in my beliefs and as a Christian, and learn that Christians are far more than mere followers of God. I’ve seen both the good and bad in this religion and now I’ve concluded we should be an example to the world; a demonstration of what Christ Himself wanted while he was on Earth. That it isn’t about persecution, or judgment on other beings, and that it’s more about respect and caring for one another. In becoming stronger through my faith, I have become more patient, more kind, far more giving and helpful to friends, and have just overall become far more happy and content with living.

Great idea for a thread, JerRocks2day! :smiley:

Aaaah, I really hate to say this, but typically we don’t keep threads like this open only because things usually tend to get pretty heated! D:

I really like what you guys said though and I can say I’m a lot like Leirin!

I’m going to close it for now and if any of the other mods suggest I open it back up, I will. I just feel like staying on the safe side here, as every religious or politically-themed thread we’ve ever opened turned to flame wars even though most started out very civil. From a point on, we just decided not to open up any more threads pertaining to those things.

If you have any questions, you can PM me about it.

little chef