How has Ratatouille changed your life?

Before Ratatouille came out, I was already a rat fancier with a strong interest in cooking, but seeing this movie provided me with even more fuel for those affections. Plus, it gave me a whole new movie and a whole new set of characters to utterly adore, and to watch and experience time and time again. And nothing could be more wonderful than that.

In a more negative sense, you could say that it wound up being a massive drain upon my bank account…what with all the Ratatouille merchandise and memorabilia I took to collecting in the years that followed. :wink:

Well, it didn’t really change my life, but it made me respect good food and it made me want to learn how to cook again.

Well, my earlier post looks really dumb to me now. I still want a rat named Remy, though. I have more respect for “pests.”

This movie helped fuel my love of cooking. It did not, however, make me a better cook :confused: Pretty much the only foods I can make successfully are Mr. Noodle and toast, but that doesn’t stop me from trying. It also (in part) helped me decide to get a pet rat. They really are playful, and very intelligent.

Ratatouille taught me that not every Pixar film can be golden.

Awww. Rats are sweet companions. :-D)

They are! But my friends don’t believe me. It’s a popular joke amongst them that I found him in the sewer :confused:

Yeah, your friends sound a bit like my brother - he’s never even met my rats, but he thinks I’m strange for keeping them as pets. I don’t come from a hugely rat-fancying family, unfortunately - though I think my dad is finally starting to warm up to them.

When I first mentioned wanting a rat, my mom was a bit shocked, but open to the idea: “As long as I don’t have to touch it” she said. Now her, my step-dad, and the rest of my family actually like him, especially my little sister, although she only sees him once in a while (she lives with my dad). My mom even holds him sometimes :slight_smile:

haven’t been here in a while…

I have to say, Ratatouille changed my life because of the character of Colette.
I saw so much of myself in her, both elements of what I was and of what I wanted to be. She inspired me to write her back story. That initial step into the fanfiction world was what got me started in creative writing. Now I’ve written a whole novel with my own original characters and I’m working on another one.

So, Ratatouille changed my life because it inspired me to write, thus introducing me to a form of art through which to express my creativity.

:slight_smile:

S

Ratatouille made me feel even more compassionate and bad for rats

It also made me see the life of a chef is no picnic. Chefs are hard working people.

Oh yeah! So much stress, always moving, in a croweded area. There’s no room for mistakes! Being a junior chef in my school’s Culinary Arts Academy was enough stress. I can’t imagine how chefs in four star resteraunts do it!

That’s wonderful. :smiley: Are you published? I’d love to read your novel!

Aww that’s sweet of you. No, I’m not published. And the novel really has nothing to do with Ratatouille :laughing: It’s all original.

Ah. Well, it is still wonderful I’m sure. :smiley:

I guess it make’s me wann try new foods.

it made me more appreciative for good food and for cooking.

Whenever I watch Ratatoullie it makes me want to cook the next day and now pretty much everyday I make food.

Awesome! It’s great to know how to cook. Actually, Ratatouille is what got me interested into Culinary Arts, and I was enrolled in my school’s Culinary Arts program for two years in high school.

I love cooking!! :mrgreen: