How to get Pixarian autographs

That is so amazing! Do you have a picture I could see, I’m incredibly jealous!

I’ll try to put one on Flickr later this week.

“Congratulations. You were able to repeat your accidental success!” But you will need to know more than just big-shots if you are to survive on Pixar Planet, gal. - Skinner/LQ - what the heck?. Seriously though, congrats! :wink:

You’re not the only one, haha. To catch up, we should send some to Lasseter, Stanton, and Docter, and then throw one in for good ol’ Ratzenberger for good measure. All in the same week. :smiling_imp: It’s a game after all, right?

Oh, it’s not? Ok. ;-p

IV: Wow, who held this contest? I should watch this organisation/site in case they hold some more exclusive prizes from Pixar!

I remember that contest! That was so cool when you won. :smiley:

That’s awesome! I need to find a pixarian that would respond personally to me!

How do you get replies of fan-mail from the likes of Pete Docter?

Write to Pixar and attn: Pete Docter. I haven’t heard of any other way to get in contact with him for fan purposes.

I’m composing a letter to Dan Scanlon right now. I have a lot of feels about Monsters University. :laughing: I’m writing a fan letter along with it. I’m not sure if he’ll respond directly, but it is so worth a try, at least that’s what I think.

Hi from Germany !

I´m following this tread some times and now I want to try it by myself. What do you think if I send them a large picture from Minster University and ask them to pas it along the animators to sign it for me.

Any chance for such a try ?

:blush:

Hello Thorsten! I don’t see why not, it’s worth the try. If it’s a specific animator, I doubt they get a lot of fan mail. There’s a higher chance of them signing it personally. If you’re shooting for a director or something, it would be a lot harder.

I’d imagine the best thing to do is to send it to one specific animator. You could then include a note asking them to have the other animators sign it. That would probably be the best way to get a bunch of people’s autographs.

Thanks for your help.

What I´ve done so far is the following:

I´ve searched IMDB for the complete crew of Monster University.

Then I looked after these names (animators) who have own homepages or blogs (google is great)

After that I´ve tried to contact them at their own email mentioned there asking if I could send them something to sign.

But I did not receive any answer right now but it´s only 2 days ago.

Wouldn´t it be bad to send one of these people my asking directly with the post again ?

Maybe I should choose another animator and send my request with his name to Pixar ?

Sorry for my horrible English.

^If you already wrote to them, and they don’t write you back then don’t respond. Maybe they’re too busy to write back.

I will wait another week and then send my request to Holger Leihe. I found out that he is a German animator at Pixar and went to the University only 8 km from my hometown. This could be a good start !

Would you write him in English and German ?

By the way how do you address your request ?

Keep fingers crossed !

Everything you need to know about asking for an autograph via mail is available on the first page of this thread.

I personally think that it would be a nice touch to write to him in German.

Ok…thanks for your help.

Will will gibe it a try and let you know anyway.

Keep fingers crossed !

:smiley:

Cool, yeah definitely let me know how it works out! I’ll be mailing mine tomorrow.

May I ask what you will send and to which person ?

A few years ago I sent an autograph request to Elissa Knight, the voice of EVE. I got an autograph back. And last week I sent a request to Dan Scanlon.