How to get Pixarian autographs

I tried this! I just posted it - it is less of a “can I please have a glossy photo” letter but more of a “thanks for everything you have done, you have inspired me” letter. I really don’t mind if I don’t get a glossy photo just as long as they read my letter :slight_smile: But do you think they have glossy photos of Cars or Cars 2?

Little-chef: I wrote Brad Bird! Why would he think you’re stupid? He seems really nice. :smiley:

I’m sure they do :smiley: I don’t know about Cars 2 since it just came out, but probably, and they’ll for sure have Cars glossy photos. And actually when they send photos they say something like “thanks for your kind words, take this glossy photo to show our appreciation!” So you might get one even if you didn’t ask for it :smiley:

I know they have Cars seeing how I have one.

I’m finally going to do it. I’m going to send a love letter to Pixar. I want to tell them how WALL-E made me dance in the rain while dealing with my depression and how there are adults who appreciated Cars 2.

I also included a PS for an autograph, but mentioned that I know how busy everybody is. It’s worth a shot, though.

I’ll let you guys know if I get another postcard in reply or whatever. :slight_smile:

Hi :slight_smile: I’ve just been reading through this thread and was wondering if anyone who doesn’t live in the US has had a reply back? (Apologies if someone has and I’ve missed it) I would love to write to John Lasseter or Pete Docter just to say how much pixar has inspired me but would feel a bit nervous and I’m not even sure my letter would get there. Do you think if I sent stamps for return postage to England i’d be likely to get a reply?

Remember when I said I’d sent a letter to the director of the new movies? I wasn’t kidding. Monday, a letter to Bob Peterson and a letter to Jonas Rivera will be leaving my mailbox on their way to Emeryville.

Sent letters to Bob Peterson, Ronnie del Carmen and Pete Sohn today. I’ve already sent out a letter to Pete a while back.

I FINALLY got my autograph from John Lasseter! You all might remember that I wrote back in April, but I just got my reply (along with apologies that it took so long… I was right in thinking promoting Cars 2 would make it take longer) on September 26. I was sent a one-sheet with a scene from Cars 2, and while I’m pretty sure it’s a lithograph instead of an actual hand-signed autograph, I’m really thrilled. See, don’t give up hope if it’s taken a while to get a reply!

I got a lithograph along with a letter/apology for the wait a month or so ago, too, but it wasn’t Cars 2 related, so I guess they’re just generally busy over there.

If not Cars, what DID I get, you ask? Only the best film ever. :wink:

asdfghjklewehrtgfjvcxbwesjvyhrqsdfghjklasd!!! flails

I need to figure out a good place to frame/hang this! :mrgreen: It’s really glossy, if you couldn’t tell from the camera glare. XD

BTW, has anybody else considered sending Pixar a Christmas card? I have a few extra, so I think I’ll mail them one for being awesome. <3

^Oh yes, you should! That would be totally cool. :sunglasses:

Hello all,

I am new here. I wish I found this place earlier.

So I went through this thread a bit, and was just wondering what if anyone had any recent success [having sent letters and received responses in the past few months], specifically with Pete Docter. I wrote a letter to him in late September, thinking it was a relatively uncommon thing until I saw attempts here. :blush:

I just wanted to know response times for everyone. I imagine them working on something new now. I wrote a handletter to Docter and even quickly sketched on the envelope to make it more appealing to open [I’ll post it below]. I don’t mean to come off as expecting too much, but rather just hoping before Xmas. I hope I wasn’t audacious in my letter to him, but I just asked for some creative advice in drawing inspiration personalized to a friend of mine rather than for me. I just wanted to give her a present to inspire her in the design field, and who’s more fitting for that than the Pixar folk?

I still need to try to get an autograth.

Forgot to mention that I’d gotten this a while ago.

Pixar. Replied. To my Christmas card.

It was a stock letter, but they sent this along with it:

asdfghjergfdrsgfd! I now have prints of my two favorite films! :smiley:

I love Pixar so much. I can’t believe how much effort it must take to reply to allllllll that fan mail, and yet they do! <3

I am now up to 2! I got John Lasster’s a few years ago and a couple weeks ago I got one from Lee Unkrich! He signed an awesome Toy Story 3 photo!

I sent Lee Unkrich my TS3 slipcover and got back my slipcover signed, a glossy photo, a letter… :smiley:DDDDD

i have brad bird´s autograph :smiley:

I’m still trying to get Andrew Stanton’s. I’m thinking about trying for Pete Docter too

I got both Pete Docter’s and Mr. Unkrich’s recently.