Ice Age: Continental Drift

[url]http://www.joblo.com/fox-announces-ice-age-4-for-2012[/url]

Meh.
Remember when Ice Age was at least a little bit serious in the first one? You know, the one that actually focused on the main Manny/Deigo/Sid plot and not the side-Scrat plot?

I do.

EDIT Changed title of thread - TDIT

Are they going to go through every single historical period and geographical happening? And how are all of the characters alive through all of this change? Ughhhh.

I actually think an Ice Age TV show would be good, if it mainly focused on Scrat. I feel like there’d be more room for cute ideas and shorts without having to devote a whole feature to it.

I love the Ice Age films. Will check it out.

Continental Drift is a lame title, but it’s a working title.

The first film focused on BOTH Scrat and the other three, and all three films did the same.

Will check it out.

The 2nd film focused on Scrat waaaay more than the first one. I can’t say anything about the 3rd film, since I haven’t seen it yet.

Once again we have another CGI studio pushing their most successful franchise further than it probably needs to go. The 2nd one had the ice melting and the last one had dinosaurs, so what else do they really need to add?

I look forward to Ice Age 146: Space Age and Ice Age 239: Yup, We’re Still Alive!

And I absolutely loved the original. Saw the third one in 3D and I actually started to hate the characters I had been attached to beforehand. I’m pretty certain I’m not going to pay to see this one in the cinema.

Personally, after what they did to Scrat and Buck in the last movie, I haven’t really forgiven Blue Sky. Don’t get me wrong, I loved the second and third movie, but it’s probably time to call it quits.

Maybe there’ll be an Ice Age 5: End of Times where they’ll be blown to Kingdom Come by asteroid collision (or what science boffins call the Impact Event Theory). That would be a way cooler way to go, than the Earth breaking apart veeery slowly. :frowning:

Laugh out loud at LG’s title suggestions! XD

Ice Age 4?!?!?!?!? I haven’t even seen the third!

Remember when the Ice Age movie had more plot and character depth than stupid crude gags? I miss those days.

Seriously, IA2 was one of the most uncomfortable kids movies I’ve ever sat through. Do they really think I want to watch Manny imply to whats-her-face that they should “do the deed?” And then one of her brothers calling him a pervert? No, thank you.

Jease, you guys are harsh. A week after my Birthday, as well as a week after seeing Up, I saw Ice Age 3. I love all 3 of them, and you guys aren’t being fair. What’s wrong with Scrat? Shrek 4= Satan, but I’ll be in line to see this.

My current list of excitement(These are for different years, but I don’t care):

1. Toy Story 3
  2. Cars 2
  3. Ice Age 4
  4. Monsters, Inc. 2
    5.Despicable Me
    6.The Last Airbender
  5. The Secret of Kells
  6. The Bear and the Bow(Brave? w/e)
  7. Tangled ( :angry: )
    10.How to Train Your Dragon 2 ( :imp: :imp: )
  8. Shrek Forever After(NO!!!)

HTTYD 2 comes before Shrek 4 only beause I could sit through HTTYD, whereas Shrek makes me sick, epecially the Third.

Truly loved the first one; it was so original

But enough is enough. If this isn’t milking, idk what is

OMG… I never saw the third one. Is it any good?

Cash cow sez moooooo

But really, I’m probably gonna see this one. Because however unrealistic the third was I still enjoyed it and it had some amazing CGI, I loved the dinosaurs.

The first two movies were good, but the third film was disapointing. I probably won’t see this in theaters, but I’ll probably rent it, just to see it.

Is this gonna turn into a Land Before Time type thing? (how many of those were there? 9? 10?) I’ve never seen any of them so I have no idea how good or bad they are. I guess it must still be making money, for them to warrant making a 4th one.

Land Before time, there were at least 11 of them, as well as an TV series. I kid you not. Worst part, I can name them all at the top of my head. Yeah, I loved those cheapquels when I was but a wee child…

The original is still good. I just pretend the sequels don’t exist… sometimes…

To be honest, I loved Ice Age 3. Not for it’s sheer epicness, amazing plot and emotional depth… Oh hell no, the movie sucked at those points.

I saw it with a friend, I had a few beers, and it was FUNNY! :smiley: I rewatched a few days later, and it was still funny. Especially Buck made me laugh.

But yeah, I can only suggest those films if you desire to see some cheap humor. I can enjoy that, but I don’t think many others here do.

I think I will see the 4th movie, but unless I can go with someone, I’ll probably watch it online, as I’m not going to see this alone. Humor should be shared, it’s weird but it’s a lot more funny that way.

Simon Pegg pretty much saved the movie for me. As well as the sub-plot about Sid and the baby dinos, which touched me more than the ‘pregnant Ellie’ and ‘old Diego’ stories.

Ice Age 3 ain’t really that bad, I gave it an above-average rating when I first saw it, but upon further reflection, it didn’t quite achieve the same level of ‘adventure’ as Up or even Astro Boy. Maybe it’s the domed ceiling, which gave it the scale of a huge amusement park. Or maybe I didn’t quite like what they did to Buck and Scrat at the end (Both didn’t receive their closure for their plot arcs, and had to suffer unnecessarily cruel fates). Or maybe they just couldn’t resist juvenile toilet humour.

But it was funny. I wouldn’t mind a rewatch, but I probably won’t look forward to it.

If they’re gonna do a fourth, somebody please bring back Scratte and give poor Scrat a break? And I hope that the human kid from the first, the vultures from the second, and Buck from the third make cameo appearances, though that would be too much wishful thinking…

Now that you mention it - that was what irked me the most.

I mean, where’d those humans go? And didn’t Manny get a necklace near the end of the first? It seems to be gone in the sequels. Bah, even Nanny McPhee 2 made a very subtle reference to the first film in the series! (which amused me greatly!)

And I second that ‘humor is funnier when shared’ motion - that’s definitely true. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s because laughter is always contagious… then again, misery loves company. :stuck_out_tongue: