I'm assuming it was maintenance

Where did the whole of Pixarplanet go today? The whole website was one big error! I couldn’t get on PixarPlanet for quite a whil today (at least an hour).

It happened to me too, but it wasn’t gone for too long.

Hm, that’s strange. It’s been working fine for me. But then again, I haven’t been on a lot today, so I might have missed the downtime if there was any.

Hey folks!

That was my fault… sorry!

We had some security issues that had to be addressed with our host and I failed to inform Mell that I did indeed address them. In doing so however some settings were changed that I failed to realize would bring down the whole site. Fortunately Mell was quick to catch this when she got online!

The good news though is this fix should be a onetime deal… and if it isn’t, well… at least next time I’ll know to let Mell know ASAP so their won’t be more than a hiccup of down time. =)

It happened to me, too, but after clicking the refresh button a few times the site was back on! :smiley:

Either something REALLY WEIRD happened, or i was online the exact same time as Mell fixed the problem. In that case, awesome! :sunglasses: :laughing:

Yeah, ditto A113! Pleased to know that everything’s alright, Dash.

Alright cool! I thought it was probably something like that. Thanks for the info, Dash!

yeah that scared me a few hours yesterday! im glad the sites back up!

I was thinking that the site was shut down forever, but I am glad to see it back and ready again. Thanks Dash.

Unlike some of our predecessors I can pretty well promise you that this site will never close forever… at least not under my watch.

Who’d like to join me in thanking the admins?

Thank you, guys, for getting this site back up! :smiley:

Thank you very much for fixing the problem, Mell, and to you for informing us of the situation, Dash! (It’s nice to see you back on-line, by the way. :wink: )

I second that remark, even though I’m only an assistant moderator. If this site even came close to shutting down I’d be sure to fight for its rights to remain stabilized…

– Mitch

Just having a vivid image of a whole bunch of 90-odd year olds, located all around the world, tapping away on their computers and getting excited about the next Pixar film. :laughing:

EDIT: Just had a major brain fart as to whether or not ‘tapping’ had two 'p’s.

lizardgirl - Puh-ha!! Yeah, I can see that happening… :laughing:

– Mitch

Amen to that Dash. Everytime I can’t access Pixar Planet, I always worry, but not so much anymore. Thanks dude, and all of the other admins.

I’m sure the admins/mods wouldn’t shut PP down for good unnanounced, so when there’s down time, I don’t worry, just wait.

I will remember to to that next time martini.