Kingdom Hearts

Yeah, I would like to see Bambi. I really think there needs to be more classic Disney worlds.

I want to see: The Jungle Book, The Sword in the Stone, Robin Hood, and a return of the Neverland.

I totally forgot about those movies! I think that The Jungle Book is a good bet but the Sword in the Stone I’m not to sure about. I would love to go back to Neverland and explore it more 9kinda like in 358/2 Days)

I already posted this on another thread, but I wanted to move it here to hear what you think.

It would be hard to imagine Mickey’s voice “deep,” but KH is about as close to deep as it gets.

NEXAS - Sorry, missed your post there.

In regards to Sora’s character change. That’s a possibility, I’ll admit, I had not considered, although it still doesn’t sync with the change in Sora’s personality. The Sora of KH2 was greatly lacking in maturity. Basically, Sora went around annihilating the bad guys, simply because we are told they were bad. Now, in the first game, Sora figured alot of things out for himself, such as the true nature of Kingdom Hearts, showing a wisdom beyond his age. The first game featured a Sora, who truly had a “strong sense of justice”, as they say in the game manual. He thought about right and wrong, and we got to see him thinking about it, so we knew more about him, and how he thinks. Sora showed him himself to be very compassionate, and even sympathetic, towards people.

Now, in KH2, most of this is thrown out the window. He comes extremely arrogant, and even more hot tempered, and seems to lose his abiltity to think about things such as right and wrong. When Sora first, meets Pete, he(Sora) informs Pete that Maleficent is "toast. This seriously jarred me, but I could understand a young kid saying something like that about a defeated foe, especially if he is proud of it. I’d say this was the beginning though. Now, almost immediately after Sora defeats Demyx, he shouts, “Anyone from the Organization want to be next?” This is wear the change becomes too much. What have these people done to him? Nothing, really. They had a few heated words in Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden, and they fought Demyx in the Underworld, but that’s it really. Now, I suppose you could say Sora was angry that his friends in Radiant Garden were currently being attacked, and he thought the Nobodies were behind it, but this is still too much, even Donald chastises him. I can’t see it as merely a slip of anger, because this sort of behavior really seems to show itself in Sora throughout the game, not just in this one instance. Only at the end of the game, do we slightly begin to see the “old” Sora, but by then it’s still not quite right, and it is far to late.

Now, the reason I have trouble accepting this is because, storywise, Sora should have no change from the end of Kingdom Hearts. It’s been a year for everyone else, but Sora has been asleep for that year, and he has no recollection of the events in CoM. So, Sora really shouldn’t mentally change, because to him, nothing has happened since the end of the first game. I also have problems with the idea of Roxas changing his personality, because it is never addressed in the game. If they wanted to go that way, Sora, Donald, of Goofy, should have noted odd changes in Sora’s personality, and wondered why he was acting differently, but instead the changes are accepted without question. Therefore, it makes it seem like Sora was just always this way, when he really wasn’t.

Yes, the did use a rescue idea in actually all three games, but in the numbered two, it was really more of Sora’s personal motivation, to save the world. I think IGN was suggesting a plot where the ultimate goal is a rescue, not to save the world, as it was in KH and KH2.

When I said, mindless, I was referring to the “minion” Heartless, like Shadows. While some people can retain their mind while being a Heartless, most don’t, and the vast majority of the Heartless are driven my instinct and their one goal.

Yeah, I really hope 358/2 Days answers those questions. My problem was that the Organization wasn’t really doing anything in the worlds themselves to cause any kind of threat. Pete and Maleficent were the ones messing up the world in the first half, and even in the second half, the Organization does very little. I guess they were just putting Heartless in the worlds, but that’s really not doing enough, as we’ve seen it before, many times. Plus, like you say it seemed like they were trying to fix a mistake. Is that really that bad? Sure, their methods may not be great, but I would expect Sora to show some kind of sympathy to them.

Though I don’t like the image of Square Enix being money grabbers, as they make great games with great stories and allot to do. I mean the only folly I can recall them doing is Unlimited Saga…

A future trilogy of 3, does indeed sound like a good idea (and if by doing so, opens up another trilogy, doing a sorta Star Wars thing (George…WHERE’S the next three involving Leia and the Han solo kids? 0_-). I think that Sora should be the main playable character in KH3…and if they’re not playable…KH4/5 should have Kairi and Riku be playable (fully, like Sora).
Of course I have the thought that a future game would involve Mickey further and his obtaining of Darkside…
I’ll get to Sora’s character in a little bit…

Yeah…I do admit it’s hard to imagine much more with Halloween Town…though maybe there could be call-backs…like an accesory like uhh…“Jack’s Tie” which increases elemental damage or something…

Bambi WAS included as a summon before hand…and so was Simba…
And it was noted Simba’s “world” was destroyed…but in KH2 it’s alive and well. So Sora’s involvement in the first one may have actually restored worlds…so I have no disagreement about Bambi returning.
I DO however…find it difficult to imagine it game-wise…as the world of Bambi was essentially peaceful…but maybe it can become a mini-world…and HOPEFULLY take the place of ugh…Pooh…

Sword in the Stone…that would be difficult given the media…but since Tarzan kinda had a similiar work, perhaps it’s possible…unsure of all the elements play-wise…BUT the fact that Merlin has been in the past two, I wouldn’t ignore it.
Robin Hood…now THERE’S one that might take Bambi’s place. Robin would make an interesting first in range fighter party members, and the rescue of Marian gives a sorta base-plot for the world.
Neverland…I have to admit I liked goinge there in the first KH. Though given Hook’s defeat…hmm…what I would like to see is that Malificent recovers some of the “villains” (a note for Halloweentown…Oogie is already “defeated” so not him)…and I would also like to see Riku fighting him, as he had spent more time on Hook’s ship than others.

That is something I find rather admirable about Mickey in this one…he understands his role as a key-bearer, as well as the seriousness of the Heartless and disappearing of worlds.

It’s alright, I’m usually overlooked heh :slight_smile:

Kinda reminds me of Spyro in his new games, being much more sympathetic than in his old ones ^0^ Anyway…Roxas contained more of Sora’s rougher side…and at the time of KH2, Roxas was dormant…at least until near the end at the Skyscraper.

I think Diz’s comment about Sora being “too nice for his own good”, which he told Roxas, is indication that Roxas held a part of Sora’s personality around, and without it, Sora wouldn’t be able to figure out his role as Keybearer. For instance, if Roxas was awaked early, Sora might have caught on that him defeating Heartless was actually helping the organization.

Perhaps some of Roxas’s own feelings of being in the organization sub-conciously fueled Sora’s anger at them…

Of course a little tipsy thing about Donald and Goofy of noticing these things would be he was just “grouchy from being asleep” hehehe :slight_smile:

Of course another thing to note is there’s two kinds of Heartless, the Pureblood and the Emblem, the later of which were created in a machine by Ansem (curiously enough, we get to see this device in Kingdom Hearts at Hallow Bastion, but are only able to see the hallway and the room just once).
Of course many might not care as they’re labled the “villains”, like a certain other someone I know…ahem coughs…Anyway…this is a bit of a spoiler…but it’s learned that many of the organization members (not all mind you) were actually scientific assistants to Ansem the Wise of Radiant Garden. Pushed along by Xehanort…the process of…how they became Nobodies I’m a bit confused on…but anyways…it seemed the reason they did this was to satisfy their natural curiosity of Hearts, ironically losing theirs. It seemed the others aimed to retrieve their hearts, while Xehanort hungered for something more…
Honestly there are still some unanswered questions. Sure, many around Xehanort…but there are others. Since they became Nobodies…did they spawn Heartless as well? Xehanort’s Heartless, the main enemy of Kingdom Hearts, took human form and had immense power over darkness. He even possessed Riku, a keybearer, and nearly blacked out his willpower.
Sora, like most protagonists, don’t turely understand the antagonist’s true motives, or why they are doing what they do. Axel shows that there seems to be more unanswered questions about Nobodies in general, as he actually considered Roxas a friend, and went against the whole organization to bring him back, and in the end, help Sora. That alone should have gotten Sora to question his own actions. Axel’s death, however, triggered Roxas to be brought out…but unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be enough for Sora to start understanding.
Hopefully in Kingdom Hearts 3, now that Sora has been home, and the day-to-day activities of his life continue…perhaps he will start to question things (I doubt a weilder of the keyblade will be stuck in the humdrum of school and blitzball), and wonder (as the opener) if his task is truely done…

I’m not trying to portray Square Enix as simply “money-grabbers”, I’m just saying that, as a business, they want to make money. It’s just fact. Now, I agree that many of their games, are quite good, (though certainly not all) so they do seem to care about putting out quality products, but they still want that money that will come with it. Wasn’t it John Lasseter who said “Quality is a good business model?”

(Side Note: If George Lucas makes Episodes 7-9, I wouldn’t expect to see Han Leia’s kids, or at least not the same ones in the books. He doesn’t write that stuff, and I’ve heard he has very different ideas of what would happen.)

[spoil]The idea of Roxas be a sort of “missing part” of Sora’s personality could work to, the problem I have is that it’s never addressed. That makes me think that the writers just changed his personality for whatever reason. Even if the Roxas angle, or something else, was their reasoning behind Sora’s change, it still doesn’t change the fact that it’s, to be frank, poor, sloppy writing. I really like Tetsuya Nomura, and I think he’s a brilliant artist and designer, but I’m not so sure about his storytelling skills, or the skills of the people writing KH.[/spoil]

[spoil]I’ve never really considered the Pure and Emblem Heartless to be that different aside from how they came to be. They both have the same goal, and pursue it with the same vigor. It’s definitely true that the other Nobodies could have Heartless. Until, that is shown to be true though, I have to assume that they don’t have Heartless, and Ansem/Xehanort was the only one who did this[/spoil]. It’s great that the games leave some of these questions unanswered, so there is stuff to do in other games, but until then, I always just use what we already have.

I do wonder if Sora will get to go back to his old life. [spoil]Remember the letter from Mickey? They might get immediately thrown into another conflict. Perosnally, I’d like to see them fighting a war, especially with a wartorn, eye-patch wearing Baloo as a general. :stuck_out_tongue: [/spoil]

Then no company, no matter how good, still want money that will come from what they make, even Pixar.

(Well I do recall George Lucas praised the “Splinter of the Minds Eye” if I recall himself in an entry in the book, and shows appreciation to the other writers. However, for the films…lot of depends there…heck…I was surprised Harrison Ford reprised himself as Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull…)

Of course it’s also plot-wise explained that Sora is turely “incomplete” without Roxas. Well…an interesting note…is that Square took a more direct role in KH2 than they did in the first one…perhaps having Disney take a back-seat plot-wise, Tetsuya Nomura had to make a plot to please them as well as himself.

Emblem Heartless and Purebloods are considered the same, of course, though the Purebloods have a deeper connection to where the Heartless originally come from. We see Sora take the role of a Pureblood Shadow…and he seemed in control of himself and non-aggressive. Since Emblem Heartless are prone to single out hearts, Purebloods just might have a different personality that is drawn from the heart they take, and not soley the hunger.
True true…and in some purposes, perhaps those Heartless became the giant Darkside Heartless beyond Kingdom Hearts.
Same for me as well, though I have theories on the Unbirth.
Probably not. He’s a Keybearer afterall. He could, once he gets a firm relationship with Kairi perhaps, and the Heartless and Nobodies don’t exist anymore. Which Baloo? Jungle Book or Tailspin?

i might have an idea where the keyhole will be in Paradise Falls the place where kevin goes at the end of the film

Now that I know the details of UP…[spoil] I believe the Keyhole will be, yes, either where Kevin goes at the end (in a term making him (her) and the family safe symbolically. Or it could have been in the house all along, probably somewhere near where Ellie’s picture was[/spoil]

i wonder why would muntz be involved with the heartless

Muntz would probably be struggling to control himself from the Heartless influence, as his obession with his task that it would sorta be like how Clayton was in Deep Jungle.

I got it on Tuesday. Started playing on Friday. Finished Sunday afternoon. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.

This game was simply incredible. Seriously, I can’t really express how much I love this game. It’s almost the full Kingdom Hearts experience, on a handheld, and on the DS no less, and it works. Yeah, it’s not perfect, and I could nitpick and whatnot, but overall the package is just amazing. Then there’s the story. The story is soooo good. Yes, there are still some problems, mostly created by the second game, but it is so much better than Kingdom Hearts 2 and CoM. Definitely my second favorite entry in the series, after the first one. This is like what I expected a sequel to Kingdom Hearts to be like, and it entirely renewed my faith in the series. I’ll wait to see if anyone else has played it, because I’d really like to discuss it with other fans, but, if not, I’ll post my more in-depth thoughts (with spoiler tags, of course) I’ll also be posting a review in the Video Game thread soon.

I WISH I could get that game! I’ll need a DS first though…speaking of Nintendo, (please don’t get mad at me for off subject, this is somewhat related)they lowered the MSRP price of a Wii to $199.99. That’s good news for me, I don’t have one.

I beated 358/2 Days yesterday. Seriously, that game was awesome! Great story and graphics. I really liked Xion and her friendship with Roxas and Axel. There were quite emotional moments, especially at the end. Although some Heartless were really infuriating and I missed the Reaction Commands, but the Limit was nice, even though I rarely used it (I have a tendency to heal my characters as soon as their HP get too low).
I think this one his my second favorite, right after KH II :slight_smile:

Glad someone else enjoyed it, witch_of_night! I agree wholeheatedly about the friendship of those characters, and definitely the emotional moments. I didn’t mind the lack of Reaction Commands, so much, mainly becasue I felt the “Y-Combo” system fufilled that role nicely.

after seeing toy story 3 i could see Lotso as a heartless

Two new games annouced at E3 in addition to Birth By Sleep: Re:Coded: youtube.com/watch?v=SOS-3J-y0mU
and Kingdom Hearts 3D: youtube.com/watch?v=cCXRUjHR … re=related I will be buying a 3DS (hopefully, if I get lucky) just for the latter.
EDIT:

“Sora will be the hero until the end.” OMG…

Yeppers. I luvv me some Kingdom Hearts! Got all four games so far, albeit only Re:CoM for the PS2.

The only Pixar films I’d like in Kingdom Hearts are Toy Story, Up, Bug’s Life, Monsters Inc, and Incredibles. Nemo could work as a mini game world - it’s too much of a hassle with underwater worlds like Atlantica.

Although lately I’m kinda gettin sick of all the repaints and clones of Sora.

1. Xion is really a Replica of KH1 Sora

2. Ventus is a repaint of Roxas
  3. Vanitas is a repaint of KH2 Sora

4. Coded focused on KH1 Sora
  5. Kingdom Hearts 3-D seems to star the KH1 Sora and Riku.

But I’m interested to see how Xehanort will come back in some form for one final time in KHIII.

Yeah, Re:COM is also the only game i don’t have/ haven’t played.

Naw, man, I meant I only had the Chain of Memories game on the PS2 as Re:CoM. :slight_smile: