Kingdom Hearts

I was a little bummed when I heard about the September release. I was hoping for something closer to the holidays, so I would have a huge chunkc of free time to devote to it. Ah, well. Looks like I get no sleep that weekend.

I’m really looking forward to BBS. While I like that Days will be adding to the Roxas/Organization/ Riku storyline, because that needed alot of help, I’m more excited for what’s in BBS because it looks liek that will add more to the mythology of KH, and I also believe will tie in much more with the third installment of the mian series.

BBS is actually set 10 years before the original Kingdom Hearts. And to me, it’s going to emphasis on the origin of the Keyblade, how the creatures known as Unbirth became the Heartless and the Nobodies, who Xehanort is, and how Ven is connected to Sora/Roxas. (some say Ven’s his father or something…but I have doubts). So storyline-wise, it’s going to fill in allot of empty spaces so that when KH3 comes out years or so from now (hopefully not TOO long), we’ll have a better understanding.

Yeah, I know about BBS being set 10 years in the future. I actually try to know as little as possible about new KH games, becasue I want to remain as spoiler free as possilbe. I want to come into the story not expecting anything huge, and then getting dissapointed.

Anyone think the new Piano Collections CD will get released in the US? I’d guess not, but there’s always a chance of at least an itunes release. If not I’ll proabably just import.

Yeah, I know about BBS being set 10 years in the future. I actually try to know as little as possible about new KH games, becasue I want to remain as spoiler free as possilbe. I want to come into the story not expecting anything huge, and then getting dissapointed.

Anyone think the new Piano Collections CD will get released in the US? I’d guess not, but there’s always a chance of at least an itunes release. If not I’ll proabably just import.

EDIT: Having trouble deleting this post so if a mod wants to come in…

Erm, BBS is set ten years in the PAST of the first KH. So, Sora will still be a little kid. I wonder if there’s a scene with Kairi arrivig at Destiny Islands?

And what Piano Collection?

Yeah…it’s ten years in the past. And there’s a piano collection? That’d be cool. Maybe they could make some sheet music and you can play it yourself. Cuz some of those KH songs are hacken awesome!

Crap, I can’t beleieve I typed future, I meant past. I know about the younger Sora and whatnot.

The Kingodom Hearts Piano collection is pretty much the same as all the Final Fantasy piano collections. A collection of tracks from the game arranged for piano. The track listing is online, I think Wikipedia has it. Pretty much most of the osngs I wanted to hear are on there, so I really want it. I think it was already supposed ot have come out in Japan, but I haven’t seen any confimration on that.

About Kairi…
I have this sneaking suspecion that THAT is actually the ending of BBS. At the end we see Sora and Riku, young, looking on as a boat arrives, carrying Kairi in it. And that sorta leaves it leading into KH1 properly.

Wouldn’t it be cool to make this into a movie? :smiley:

I used to think about making a KH movie all the time. Honestly, I think it would work much better as a miniseries on TV, then you would be able to include way more, if not all, the worlds, and be able to get the full story in easier.

Yeah…when I think of it being a movie, it’s kinda hard to imagine. Because if it’s live action (and it probably would be) then they would have to get people that are like the characters in the game. But no one is like Sora/Kairi/Riku/etc. I mean, the only one that sounds like Sora is the actual voice of him, Haley Joel Osment. And doesn’t look anything like Sora. I just don’t see how it would work out.

And about the Piano Collection, I didn’t catch if it’s like on a CD or actual sheet music.

I agree with DocKenobi on this one, I think it would be cool if it was a TV show that was up to HBO standards…I think it would probably work out if the show was an hour long and each episode was a world, they would have a lot of things to expand on then /I’m sure people would watch it, 358/2 Days is already the 4th best selling DS game! And it doesn’t come out until September!

There has been many Kingdom Hearts parodies on Youtube and what not. But the best come from The Spoof Crew, and TeamJohnnyCake. The later is considered the best Kingdom Hearts 2 spoofers in the net…I would link their videos…but recently their account is voided of their videos and comments…and nobody seems to know why…

Anyway, the prospect of a show/movie would be great. The show idea would give it more bulk too and you can kinda see a “Set” being released when it’s all done.

Hey, Guys! I’m currently working on a KH themed quiz titled “Which Kingdom Hearts Character are You?” I post the link once it’s finished. Hope you guys like it! By the way…anyone bought the Japanese version of 358/2 Days? I’m wondering if it’s worth it.

Personally I’m waiting for it’s U.S. release. But for the game itself, it has gotten several positive reviews and has sold over a million copies if I recall.

These side games, 358/2 and Birth By Sleep, are kinda odd to me, but I’ll definitely check them out.

I’d really love to see some Pixar worlds in future games, It’d be really great. Bug’s Life, Monsters, Toy Story, The Incredibles, Wall•E, and Up would fit best I think, the rest would be a bit tough, with the cars, fish (been done before), and mice being a bit too much to incorporate into redesigning characters. They could just make Sora small for Ratatouille. Cars would be tough though, I don’t like the idea of a car-Sora wielding a keyblade,… :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m planning on making a Pixar-KH drawing, of epic proportions over the next few days, I think it’ll be great if I can do it. Still throwing ideas around for who I’m gonna feature in it, but I know I’m putting in Sora, Carl, Sulley, EVE, and probably Buzz. I want more in it though.

They’re not really side-games, but still part of the story as a whole. 358/2 is more indepth on Nobodies and the time of Roxas’s work in the Organization. Birth By Sleep details how the Heartless and Nobodies came about and, hopefully, details on the Keyblade.

Want to see Pixar Worlds in Kingdom Hearts? points to sig

In our regard to Cars…it would be too much of a hassle having Sora weild the Keyblade as a car, and wouldn’t fit too much if he just stayed normal. So my guess would be it would be placed as a mini-game sort of world, kinda how Atlantis was in the second one. And it could use similiar format that gummiships used, so there could still be action.

the Up world would be called paradise Falls but i dont know how it would work with sora as a dog with the keyblade in his mouth

Actually Sora would most likely be himself in the Up world, as would Donald and Goofy…
Though I’d imagine the later two would be an interesting discovery for the “adventurers” :laughing:

I think it could work out pretty well.
Movie - World - Party Member - Boss

Toy Story - Andy’s Room (toy form or small form), Buzz, Zurg or Scud
A Bug’s Life (bug form or small form) - The Colony, Flik, Hopper
Monsters Inc - Monstropolis, Sulley, Waternoose or Randall
Finding Nemo (fish forms) - The Dropoff, or the EAC, Marlin or Dory, as for boss, I’d either say there’d be an epic escape, or some giant heartless.
The Incredibles - Metroville, Bob Parr/Mr Incredible, Syndrome, Omnidroid, or The Underminer
Cars - As he said, I’d make it a minigame world
Ratatouille (animal or small forms) - Gusteau’s, Remy, Skinner or a giant heartless
Wall•E - Starship Axiom/Earth, Wall•E or EVE (EVE could make finding Wall•E a more interesting game plot), Auto or a giant heartless
Up - Paradise Falls, Carl (c’mon, seeing him fight with his cane would be awesome), Muntz and the Pack

There could be quite a few adjustments with this, but I think what I’ve got could be cool. These are just what I could come up with