Machines or Biological Organisms?

This thread is sort of a spin off from the Cars Gender thread. In the world of Cars, are Cars machines or are they perhaps biological organisms? I mean they have headlights, pistons, motors and gears so one might think they are mainly mechanical. But on the other hand they exhibit some completely biological needs and desires such as breathing, blinking and the fact that Cars need to sleep and can get hungry or sneeze. So which is it?

And if it’s a combination of both, where do they’re biological components come from?

Well, I think they;re like Wall-E. They’re machines who have human emotions. If that makes sense.

I think of it as a different universe. So anything is possible in their universe. I think they’re biological organisms in terms of their universe.

I’m sure some of you may have seen this before, but this guy tried to figure out what the characters’ internal structure looks like on the inside: [url]http://agent44.com/blog2/?p=46[/url]

He also made a humorous guess on what he thought the plot for Cars 2 would be, which we now know he’s way off on.

Yeah, I’ve seen that. :stuck_out_tongue: That’s what I meant - I believe that in their universe, they may look like the picture shown in that link.

That’s probably why their doors are never open.

I say they’re machines. Besides, what’s the difference between a body and a machine, a brain is is virtually like a machine.

I guess I agree with this. What I said makes less and less sense.

I agree. I think of it as a different world. So in that sense, the cars are not limited to doing anything really. I definetely think they have a biological component. You bring up the fact that they blink and breathe. And I don’t know if anyone has mentioned it or not, but how about the fact that they are capable of having feelings? I’m not denying that they are not machines but they do also have human characteristics.

I’m pretty sure they aren’t robots, simply for the fact that they do have organic components like eyes, and a tongue and vocal chords (which I assume that means they also have a digestive tract), but at the same time they’re made of metal.

Actually, I take that back. Because their “skin” can flex like real flesh, I don’t think it’s quite physically the same component as metal. I’d be very interested in seeing a chemistry lecture of the Cars universe.

I’m sure their periodic table of elements is very different. :astonished:

maybe their anthropomorphic car-versions of humans? With similar car-to-human parts, like us?

What do you mean? Like the way they would see us?

Maybe we could call them Mecha-biological Organisms, since mechanical organisms tend to do tedious things, while biological organisms tend to do natural things. Since, in this sense, that the cars are mechanically operated but our biologically enhanced, they’re biological first, and mechanical second.

Yeah, that works!

Meh… I still think it’s whatever they call themselves.

But how do you know that’s not what they call themselves? :smiley:

Because they breathe? :neutral_face:

Exactly: biological organisms with a machine like body. Hence the term “Mecha-biological Organisms”

The characters from the Bionicle toy line were called “bio-mechanical” which I think is easier to say than “mecha-biological”. Just a suggestion.

For all you know, in their universe they don’t call themselves machines.