Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen turn 25 today

Yeah, these two lovely babes who fired their parents when they were six years old…got their start as Michelle Tanner in Full House, of which Good Luck Charlie is trying to be and failing. I like that in the last two episodes of Full House, Michelle is the focal point in a really intriguing way.

Then there was the You’re Invited to Mary-Kate and Ashley’s… and The Adventures of Mary-Kate and Ashley, every episode which began:

And of course, “We’ll solve any crime by dinnertime!” The Case of Thorn Mansion, about a “ghost” that the girls see, was the one I saw the most, I think…followed by the hotel one, then the Christmas and Sea World ones.

To Grandmother’s House We Go was a movie I used to watch a lot…those crooks could match Marv and Harry, except that they know how to treat kids well, and Marv and Harry want to do Kevin great harm.

It Takes Two was a great take on The Parent Trap. I love the discussion about people only wanting to adopt babies, and the whole rich-girl-as-princess business. Hmmm, this movie is more like The Prince and the Pauper than the Parent Trap. Anyway, the Butkiss family was really crazy, collecting kids… And I think this is the one with the “This tastes like a balloon” about escargot.

I don’t watch Halloween movies, so I won’t bother discussing Double Double, Toil and Trouble, which I’m certain I’ve never seen.

Their ensuing four films after It Takes Two were all ones I’ve seen, Switching Goals being the only one my family never owned on VHS. But I did like Switching Goals…how a fashion-obsessed girl becomes good at soccer…even though I don’t care for soccer, I was able to watch it for that movie and for the Air Bud soccer film.

Billboard Dad is really neat, but is a movie trapped in its own time, which is probably true of all Mary-Kate and Ashley movies.

Passport to Paris I LOVED. Oh yeah, that film rocks on socks worn by a fox in a box. I especially like that at the end, Mary-Kate and Ashley’s characters are girls who want to learn things, instead of just hanging out at the mall, where nothing important hpapens (most of the time). The implausibility of an understudy to a diplomat getting a supermodel to fall in love with him is crazy, though. The scene where the Olsen twins give a speech in honor of their grandfather is really beautiful. Oh, and the scene where the chef has to eat McDonald’s food while one of the Olsen twins characters have to eat cow intestines…evinces a few laughs.

Our Lips Are Sealed was fun too…I think that may’ve been the first movie I heard of the Witness Protection Program, except maybe from a cartoon…I like the line where the crook says he has a license to kill, and then one of the Olsen twins says something about having a license to drive…or maybe this happened in reverse order. Oh yes, and who could forget: “Sorry, Shiela. Sorry, Shiela. Sorry, Shiela. Sorry, Shiela.”

The only Mary-Kate and Ashley movie I’ve seen post Our Lips Our Sealed was The Challenge, which was somewhat good but I did not like the thing about having to eat some kind of bug…i think there was a question about “What is the capital of Switzerland?” and I knew it was Bern, which made that part fun to watch a little.

There there’s Two of a Kind, which was a fun TV show, then So Little Time, a little less fun.

Finally, I want to say that Mary-Kate’s fondness for Cheez-It when she was twelve years old made me fall in love with the crackers too. My first celebrity crush was Mary-Kate Olsen, and I’m glad she has had an effect on me like that. Wish I had some Cheez-It to celebrate today…

Oh, and Ashley Olsen used to collect teddy bears when she was twelve…she probably doesn’t anymore, but that fact made me happy, since I loved my teddy bear with the Rangers uniform, and also my little Valentine’s brown bear with a rose on his chest from Kroger…oh yeah, teddies are neat. (I don’t currently have any right now, though.)

Wow! Them being this age makes me feel old! I remember loving their books and Full House when I was small. It’s crazy, time is going by so fast.

Honestly, I thought they were older.

Never been a fan of them, really.

I remember getting their detective videos out of the library and watching them all of the time. I can’t believe they’re so old!

Oh, I loved their movies! Especially the one when they go to Australia.

Wow, I actually thought they were younger than me not older for some reason.

At least this birthday won’t have creeps counting down to when they’re legal.

-shudders-

Happy birthday to them. I rmemeber watching them when they were kids and teens.

Coincidentally, someone show me a video today of them singing an horrible song about pizza when they were kids 8D

Hey, we know that it was bad because we’re older now. But back then, girls always wanted to party with them.

lol, have you a link?

Here:
youtube.com/watch?v=V09Mt66O9_c

And here’s the funnier version:
youtube.com/watch?v=DNeKqxaXn34

same here, but I really enjoyed Full House however I used to find the twins a little bit annoying in some episodes

I never watched Full House, which is weird since the whole world seems to have watched Full House at some point :smiley: I really only know them from the detective movies

I remember them. The only thing’s I watched them in was Full House. never cared for the movies too much.

I watched them in Full HOuse as well. That show I loved. They were actually naturally funny in that.

Like most here, I did watch full House. All the time. However, I do not like the Olsens as people at all. You couldn’t call me a fan.

Believe it or not, I find myself watching a movie from them every few weeks or so.

Wow … what a milestone. I remember watching these two Olsen twins on Full House back in the day. I also remember hearing that Justin Timberlake and one of the Olsen twins were dating or something.

Isn’t one of them dating Justin Bartha of The Hangover and National Treasure fame, or did they split up? :confused:

No idea, I’ve never heard that.