Meet The Robinsons

Ah, yes. I never discovered the dad was Tom Selleck until my 5th watching. Then, it finally became funny. 8D

I thought it was funny from the beginning. But it made me pay attention to the credits.

My main problem with this movie, aside from the points Spirit made of the voices and animation, is how predictable is.

When I watched it the first time, I predicted basically what the whole movie was going to turn out to be in the first 10 minutes. It’s crazy ridiculous how cliche and blunt the plot is.

So did I, but did that stop me from watching again? Nope. I like the twost with how they made Lewis Wilvur’s future father, but then again, I saw that coming. And I knew in the back of my mind there was a link between the frog-girl and Frannie!

Well, yes, it’s predictable.

But there’s a point in your life where you begin to predict all movies 8D

Honestly, the first time I didn’t see it as predictable. But I never do that the first time. It just never occurrs to me. Personally, I thought Tangled was pretty predictable, but it was still a good movie. Most movies are pretty predictable if you really think about it.

That’s what I’m saying. I think I’ve predicted, correctly, 80% of the movies.

There are too few plot twists that you never see coming.

Not to mention, after you’ve seen a movie, it becomes really obvious how they led up to the end, and you’re like “How did I not see that coming?”

The problem is when you have studied screenwriting and you always see it coming 8D

Ah yes, of course.

Or seen a whole lot of movies, especially Disney movies.

Well yes of course there are movies where you know that the good guys going to save the day, or that the couple will stay together despite obsticals.

But this movie, was so obvious with everything, to the point of it being tacky. But that’s just my opinion.

Oh yeah, abso. Plus i’m into creative writing and one of the reasons why I was able to guess the plot was because I could have come up with that myself, maybe even add some side bits

Oh and Ellie, I love that siggy pic of yours. The one with the soldier dude(not American,I wouldn’t know what to call him) kissing the girl. So sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Yay! I’m glad you like it! And yes, he is a soldier, in the uniform of a British Soldier during the American Revolution. But he’s not British, he’s just dressed like a Redcoat so he could sneak on the boat and save that girl!

And here’s a link to the webcomic that it’s from, all credit goes to that, The Dreamer. thedreamercomic.com/

whoa, I didn’t know there was a story to it. Sounds awesome! i’ll check it out!

I voted for the awesome movie option. I don’t mean perfect movie, I just mean I loved it (the story, the characters) and I think it accomplished what it was supposed to. This was my great return back to Disney! :smiley:

I liked it a lot too. I think I actually like it better than Bolt. I think it’s under rated.

Oh yeah, definitely underrated.

That’s a hard choice for me. I recently started wondering if I thought that, because I watched it for the first time in about five years a few months ago. I had forgotten why I really liked the Robinsons until then. I adore Bolt, but I can kind of have an easier time predicting the story, the only thing I really didn’t see coming was some of the middle and the last climax. I think it’s the stronger of the two, but the ending of Meet the Robinsons alone is really such a great pay-off and it’s so well done. I used to think I preferred Bolt, but for now I’ll just say I like them the same.

They’re both really sweet. And both did make me cry a little.

Mr. Enter reviews Meet The Robinsons.

youtube.com/watch?v=GaffPKZjFyY