Mitch's Compositions

The Star Swordsman - Thank you! :wink:

Bill - How the heck did you know that?! :stuck_out_tongue: Oh well. Thanks anyway! :laughing:

Mell O Drama (alias Mell Mussolini, alias Mell Città Tito Sant’Angelo, alias Casanova) - Haha. I actually have kind of a “love-hate” relationship with The Black Cauldron. I absolutely despise the film itself, but I rather favor the character designs. Not to mention, Gurgi is probably the most darling Disney character ever created (in my opinion – heheh). :wink:

My dad worked on it, actually. He animated the part where Henwin is attempting to escape from the dragons. Look for his name in the credits. (snigger)

Thanks, dude! :mrgreen:

lizardgirl - Haha! :laughing:

Thank you!

– Mitch

So welcome Mitch!

Vim ‘I collect spores, moulds and fungus’ Fuego - Thank you! And aww – you don’t get Animal Planet? That sucks, dude. :cry:

Great balls of flaming cheese burgers from the planet Pluto, I’m tired… I swear, if this hadn’t taken me so long I might have had some pep left to explain all the details, even though there are no details. (snigger)

Badda-bing:

Fact: I hate drawing his hair. Hate…it. For some odd reason, I have a harder time drawing hair than hands. Figure that one out…

Taking that forlorn statement into account, we may as well look at the plus side, which is this: I had alot of fun drawing the dude and I am extremely proud of how the middle sketch turned out. No, I’m not being vain; it’s just the first time I’ve been able to draw Gurgi on model. The freaking fuzzball is a pain in the butt to get right as far as proportions go, even though his general anatomy is right up my alley. Heh…

A big thanks goes to www.magicalscreencaps.com for the movie stills I used as reference.

My apologies in that the image itself is rather…“mistreated”. I love character sheets and like to treat them with respect, and so I did my best to clean up the picture in Photoshop; however, I had a heck of a time doing it. The entire composition itself took approxiamately 3-4 hours to complete and, as such, I was just too tired to figure out how to blend in certain parts in the drawing.

Wow. There were details…and I explained them all. Go figure. :stuck_out_tongue:

Welp, enjoy it, in any case. :smiley:

– Mitch

P.S./Edit: Please keep in mind that Gurgi’s color palette in this particular drawing is not entirely accurate. I did my best to create/find Photoshop colors that would match his true tones, but a good percentage of the colors chosen are a little “off the mark”.

Gurgi looks really nice! I don;t see why you hat it so much. It is really good. THe hair was drawn nicely.

The Star Swordsman - Ha! My mom said the same thing. She said something like, “It looks fine!” (snigger)

I’m very critical of my drawings, which I shouldn’t be. I have to get out of that phase. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you for the comment, dude! :wink:

– Mitch

Totally welcome!

Great sketches you got there, Mitch! :wink: I love the details you put into this and the shading.

I’ve never seen The Black Cauldron, though. I’ve only seen a trailer in a (reeeeeally!) old VHS. :unamused:

Maggie - Thank you! :smiley:

You’re not missing anything, Maggie. The Black Cauldron is a load of… Well, it doesn’t completely suck, but it’s pretty bad. The only reason I watch it is because I like Gurgi and because my sister and I enjoy…spoofing it up. (We invented the craziest things. It was so hilarious…) :stuck_out_tongue: (snigger)

– Mitch

Mitch- Gurgi looks really good! It looks as though your time and effort on this has paid off, especially on the hair, which looks perfectly fluffy and textured. Very nice! :smiley:

lizardgirl - You like the hair?! Oh, thank you! hugs Heh. I have such a hard time drawing hair that I get extra happy when someone comments on it in an optimistic light. Hair is impossible…! (snigger)

Again, thank you! :wink:

Edit: As an added bonus/note, Gurgi is the first of twenty in my “Pick of the Litter” series. I am going to make twenty tablets/character model sheets of my favorite characters from various Disney films. One down, nineteen to go! :wink:

– Mitch

This is one heck of a drawing, Mitch . In fact, I’ve printed it out and am going to now frame it. I hope you don’t mind.

Bill - Are you serious?? Gee whiz… I…I’m honored, Bill! Eheh. I didn’t think that it would be that worthy… :laughing: (snigger)

My gosh, thank you very much, Bill! :smiley:

– Mitch

Mitch - No problem, Mitch , do more of those character sheets and I’ll print them out.

In fact, I just showed the sketch to my mother, and she just said, " Oh, you can do that…" Heheheh, man, I wish I could get my blasted drawings on here but I don’t have a scanner.

Bill - Haha! That made me laugh… :laughing:

I’m going to do nineteen more character sheets, so you’ll have quite a compilation of drawings once I’m finished…if you keep printing them out. (snigger)

I’d love to see your drawings, dude! Even if you have to take of a picture of them, I would love to take a peek at 'em. :smiley:

– Mitch

Mitch - Well, I don’t have a scanner or a cell phone so I just don’t know …

Can’t wait to see more of you’re drawings. :smiley:

Bill - Ohh…I see. Well, I hope you get a scanner soon, dude! I want to see your drawings. :wink:

Next up is a character from Lilo and Stitch. The hint here is that I have a rather difficult time drawing humans, so this one will be a challenge. :stuck_out_tongue:

– Mitch

my guess is you are drawing Lilo right?

The Star Swordsman - You are correct, sir!

Although I haven’t begun work on Lilo yet, I have done a couple of little compositions over the last couple of days:

Kirby:

Alice from Alice in Wonderland:

Kirby is the name of my black and white hooded rat; however, I have no idea why I called him a “cowpoke” in that particular picture. I thought it just sounded cute, I suppose. (snigger)

To explain why I created a diminuative collage of Kirby drawings: There is a lady in my “Drawing and Composition” class (in college) who happens to be rat lover. Not neglecting to heat up the conversation, I showed her a picture of my own little rascal, and she thought that he was so adorable that she asked if I could draw a picture of him and sign it for her. Naturally, I waited until the very last second to do the dang thing, but I guess it turned out fairly decent. I have to admit that Kirby kind of looks like a kangaroo in the top right-hand drawing, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

By the way, the white box in the bottom right-hand corner of the first composition – the one with the name “Mitch” written on it in a weird, alienized script – was placed to replace my real name. “Your identity is your most valua-”… Ah heck, you get the idea. :stuck_out_tongue:

As for the drawing of Alice, I drew that in my dad’s cubicle while waiting for the Andrew Stanton seminar to arise. (“Andrew Stanton seminar”? “What the heck is she talking about?”, you say? Well, you might want to wander on over to the “The Pixar Studio & People” board for clarification…)

Both drawings were enhanced in Photoshop CS, as you can probably tell.

I actually have many more drawings than this, but I don’t feel like posting them up. Many of them are pretty mediocre anyway. (snigger)

– Mitch

Kirby and Alice look really incredible Mitch. You are an amazing artist! I can’t wait to see more from you.

Mitch- Your first composition of Kirby is beautiful! The top picture is nice and cartoony, and I like his pose. The second one is equally adorable, although where his fur goes from black to white looks a little too…sectioned off. It’s very difficult to draw though, especially hen a rat has a mix of colours like that. Good attention to shadows in that one- it really adds another dimension. And the border and writing add a nice professional touch.

Alice looks great! Smooth, clear lineart, and I love her hair. :smiley: