MO or Hal?

Who is really Wall-E’s unofficial sidekick?

I’d have to say Hal. They seem to have a closer relationship, as they’ve probably been together for quite some time.

I’d agree with Hal. He’s been his sidekick for like, forever.

Yeah, Hal was a nice little acquantaince that Wall-E took care of for several, hundred years. on the other hand, MO was quite obsessed and annoyed with Wall-E’s dirty nature, and despite ‘apologizing’ for his obsessive qualities, he still intends to rid the world of filth. So, i’m going with Hal.

By the way, how are you supposed to know the cockroach is called Hal?

I’d say Hal just because WALL-E and M-O are moreover friendly adversaries until the ending of Act Two: Garbage Airlock, and Hal’s been with WALL-E the longest.

It’s funny that you ask this because in earlier depiction of the film and deleted scenes, M-O was supposed to have a much more cordial interaction with WALL-E and tag along with him as a sidekick character rather than as a tracking dog. He was supposed to have a bigger role but was instead supplanted by the WALL-E + Eve romance.

Great responses, guys!! I guess Hal obviously wins, then. ;-p

I like MO more than Hal, but I think Hal is WALL-E’s sidekick and right hand insect.

I would say Hal. (it’s amazing he still lives with him, since WALL-E runs over him all the time. But he’ll do anything for a spongecake I guess. :stuck_out_tongue: )

Yeah, Hal was obviously Wall-E’s sidekick for me. They reminded me a bit of Snoopy & Woodstock from Peanuts for some reason.

^ I totally agree with that! I would’ve never thought of that myself :smiley:

I have to vote Hal. He’s never left Wall-E for however long they’ve been together, and M-O is annoying, even though I love him to death.

I can so see that!! Maybe they were inspired by that. Okay, Hal wins. I give up. :stuck_out_tongue:

both are great, but I am with MO

Pretty funny observation Flik-E! Additionally, I always thought it was pretty funny how on the WALL-E Behind The Scenes DVD Andrew Stanton mentions that WALL-E and M-O are “Like Pooh and Piglet”.

I’ve been trying to get that adorable image out of my head for years now. ;-p