Monsters Inc. 2 and Brave confirmed for 2012

Yeah, I’m a bit sad too because they announced it and then I got my hopes up. Now I’ll always wonder what it would of been about.

But in the long run, I’m glad the cancelled it. Because they must of cancelled it because it wasn’t going in the right direction, and it’s good that they cut the movie when it was a bud. I’d rather them shelve it than release a bad movie.

Any chance they’ll move the release up two years? lol

However delighted I may be with the release of Monsters Inc 2, I am very disappointed with the shelving of Newt. Back in 2008 when they first announced the release of those films, I remember being being more intrigued by Newt than that of Brave. Although some may say it is similar to Wall-E; with both being the lasts of their kind, Newt has more of a meaning since we now are living at a age where many species are endangered or rapidly going extinct. A story like Newt being told would have made the masses conscious of our effect, as species, is having to animals that inhabit this world with us. It would have been among Wall-E and Finding Nemo (referring to the fishing) as films that sent serious messages about our way of living.

Anyways the fact that we are getting 3 sequels in the space of 3 years is making me doubtful Pixar’s future in general. Obviously they will continue to make masterpieces, but sequels like this may signify that they are running out of ideas to story tell, which would astound the audience just like their previous films. Whatever their reasons may be to release the two upcoming sequels, Pixar just seem to be following Dreamworks path or a path which Disney is directing, so they could make profits from Pixar’s franchises. I just hope their intentions is to continue the story of previous films and knowing Pixar, I know they won’t disappoint. I just would have preferred Pixar spacing out their sequels over the decade than having them being released in the space of 3 years.

I think someone should interview the Pixarians and write a book about this now lost film, like what they did when Stanley Kubrik died. I would totally buy a non-fiction Newt book if Pixar ever offered to reveal the whole story.

Lee Unkrich had this to say about both Brave and Mosnters, Inc. 2 in a recent interview:

Thanks to Bryko614 for posting the article

Nice one,Pixar! Also, i don´t mind waiting two more weeks…

Thanks for posting that, love70ways. Interesting what he said about Brave and Pixar being male-heavy in the past- it’s going to be great seeing what more of a female touch will bring to Pixar. And a shame that nothing more was revealed about Monsters, Inc. 2!

No problem lizardgirl.

I know we will have to wait a while, but I am very excited to find out more about Monsters Inc. 2.

Do we even know if it the main characters are Mike and Sulley? Perhaps they play only a small role in the sequel or aren’t even in the film at all.

Hmm, an interesing idea, love70ways, though a lot of people love Mike and Sulley and with them being so core to the original, I can’t imagine they’d be discarded entirely for the sequel. I am curious as to what the new characters (if any) will be like, though.

That is interesting, Sean. I hope they are in it, even if it isn’t for much, But I’m still excited for new characters. Maybe a couple main ones, like how Jessie was introduced.

A slightly different logo;

Geez I love how that’s mounted :open_mouth: And the arrow going through the top still. I wonder where that is, the Pixar studios?

Oooh, I’m loving the logo. Looks beautiful. I’m so excited for this movie!

Apparently it’s at WDW in the Magic of Disney Animation exhibit.

sighs happily I love that place. We always make sure to stop at it whenever we’re in Hollywood Studios. They always have little displays of upcoming movies on the way out. I’m thinking there must be more to the Brave section. I wish I could go right now!!!

^Ugh, I hope so!! I’d donate a limb to get in :slight_smile:

Pixar Animator Chris Chua said that you can see Merida and her mom in the logo pictuer. I don’t seem them, am I blind? Does anyone else see them?

Read the “Update” part for proof!: pixarblog.blogspot.com/2010/09/b … -logo.html

EDIT: Nevermind, I found them!

I see 'em!

[spoil]In the B and the E.[/spoil]

That’s so cool! I didn’t see that until today.

Amazing! :open_mouth: That’s so cool! And it’s kept abstract enough so it isn’t awkwardly obvious.