Monsters, Inc. 2 plot leaked?

I thought Randall was going to come again and we would see Boo again, but hey,this is actually a good idea. More Mike and Sulley <3

PS: I was reading the comments, and found this. I think this is a good idea.

God, I hope this isn’t true! And to think that people have compared the original MI to the Nicktoon, “AHHH! Real Monsters”…THIS would be virtually the same thing, since that 'toon took place at a “monster academy” where monsters learned how to scare humans! Plus, as MG already pointed out, it would be completely flying in the face of established canon, not only in the movie but in the books that accompanied it, including the “Monsters, Inc., Essential Guide”, in which it is plainly stated that Mike and Sulley actually met back in KINDERGARTEN! AND, it’s also ignoring a large and active fanbase of one character in particular…no, make that TWO, since unless Boo is a time traveler, there’s no way to work her in at all into a prequel. This is about the only thing lamer than the “Randall returns to get revenge on Mike and Sulley and winds up getting his butt kicked yet again” scenario. Seriously, I hope this is just a rumor that got started by someone’s failed attempt at fanfiction.

pitbulllady

Hmmm…interesting. I don’t really have an opinion, though. It’s just a rumor.

I really hope it’s not a prequel. I don’t like prequels. :frowning:

why dont we think that MI 2 could be both, a sequel and a prequel

MI2 could never look like as TS3, if they make Boo, a girl in her 5 or 6 years old, why not believe that Boo is the one little girl from sunnyside in TS3, just a bit older from the first film

Forgive me, but it seems weird to me to call it MI 2 if it’s a prequel. Does anyone know what I mean?

Well I just said the same thing, so I do anyway.

Oh, sorry, Flik-E . I was thinking about posting that earlier, and I guess I should have. I look like a jerk now. :blush:

It’s okay.

I was joking with my friend yesterday that maybe it should be called Monsters, Inc.: Origins. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow. Considering how much Wolverine Origins sucked, that would scare me coming from PIXAR. :laughing:

Ok…why didn’t I see this before. Oh wait the prequel thing came up elsewhere too…

Anyway…I doubt this will be a prequel…
But then again it depends on how FAR back we go.
Will it be when Wazowski and Sullivan met? Well if so, cancel out Randall, Celia, Fungus, and everybody else, which would just rob the story of their involvement.

Will it be them in training? Well might be interesting to see, but a whole movie about such?

A slight few years before? When Randall was Top Scarer and Sullivan and Wazowski were doing quite well? I’ll admit, would be an interesting ending setting things up with Randall having a “meeting” with the boss, about the Scream Extractor, setting up the first film.

But to be honest there’s…not really enough to warrant a prequel. I just think they need to establish a little more.
I mean honestly, I would want to know more about Randall’s past, but doubt it’s going to focus on him.
No. Sullivan and Wazowski will likely get the spotlight. But we know allot about them already. We know they’re friends since forever, they argue on occasion, but stuck through it.

So, basically, there shouldn’t be a sequel. :stuck_out_tongue: I mean, I’ll see the movie. But sequel, prequel, or whateverquel, I don’t see where they’re going with it.

gestures to the fanfiction section
chuckles Hundreds of untold stories, plot bunnies, little tiny things that make a big difference.

I understand. But, as messed up as this sounds, I’m more excited for Cars 2. Not because I think it will be a better film, but because we know the basic tone and have seen the trailer. :slight_smile:

Personally, I thought Cars ended well…
BUT. With the plot of having the sequel go world-wide, I have to say it’s a simple, but fantastic idea. So I have to agree, I think Cars 2 will be great.

I don’t think Cars necessitates a sequel, either. It’s just comforting that we already know the basic plot, tone, new characters, etc. But with MI 2, we have nothing to feed on and become comfortable with. I know it’s 2 years away, but it’s still easy to worry.

Know more about Cars 2 than M.I. 2. Give it time, we’ll learn.

I’ve heard that Boo is supossed to be making an appearance (but it wasn’t really a good source, just word by mouth kindof thing). If that is true, then it really isn’t going to be a prequel, and if it’s not true, well…I still don’t think it’s going to be a prequel!

The only way that Boo can make an appearance, based on what we now know of this movie being a prequel, set BEFORE the events of the original, is if the scenes cut between the past(with Mike and Sulley still in college)and the present. Mike and Sulley’s college days would have taken place long, long before Boo was even born, probably before her parents even met! If MI2 takes place entirely in the past, there’s just no way to fit Boo in there. It won’t even really be canon to include Randall, given that he was supposed to have been a lot younger than Mike and Sulley, but apparently the plot of this movie is ignoring previously established canon, anyway, so I guess it’s feasible to change Randall’s age. I can’t see how they can get around it with Boo, though.

Of course, we also have to consider this: Pixar has always been very secretive about the plots of upcoming movies, and even their official trailers often don’t really provide a clear picture and can even be quite misleading. That said, it’s possible that MI2 is not actually a real prequel, but will feature “flashbacks” to the past as a means of setting up a tone for what is happening in the present events in the movie. Even at this stage, it’s also likely that the script will undergo some changes, possibly significant ones, so that what WE eventually will see in theaters(or not, depending for me on how things progress)will be quite different from that which was recently screened for a very select audience.

pitbulllady