Monsters, Inc. 2 plot leaked?

gestures to the fanfiction section
chuckles Hundreds of untold stories, plot bunnies, little tiny things that make a big difference.

I understand. But, as messed up as this sounds, I’m more excited for Cars 2. Not because I think it will be a better film, but because we know the basic tone and have seen the trailer. :slight_smile:

Personally, I thought Cars ended well…
BUT. With the plot of having the sequel go world-wide, I have to say it’s a simple, but fantastic idea. So I have to agree, I think Cars 2 will be great.

I don’t think Cars necessitates a sequel, either. It’s just comforting that we already know the basic plot, tone, new characters, etc. But with MI 2, we have nothing to feed on and become comfortable with. I know it’s 2 years away, but it’s still easy to worry.

Know more about Cars 2 than M.I. 2. Give it time, we’ll learn.

I’ve heard that Boo is supossed to be making an appearance (but it wasn’t really a good source, just word by mouth kindof thing). If that is true, then it really isn’t going to be a prequel, and if it’s not true, well…I still don’t think it’s going to be a prequel!

The only way that Boo can make an appearance, based on what we now know of this movie being a prequel, set BEFORE the events of the original, is if the scenes cut between the past(with Mike and Sulley still in college)and the present. Mike and Sulley’s college days would have taken place long, long before Boo was even born, probably before her parents even met! If MI2 takes place entirely in the past, there’s just no way to fit Boo in there. It won’t even really be canon to include Randall, given that he was supposed to have been a lot younger than Mike and Sulley, but apparently the plot of this movie is ignoring previously established canon, anyway, so I guess it’s feasible to change Randall’s age. I can’t see how they can get around it with Boo, though.

Of course, we also have to consider this: Pixar has always been very secretive about the plots of upcoming movies, and even their official trailers often don’t really provide a clear picture and can even be quite misleading. That said, it’s possible that MI2 is not actually a real prequel, but will feature “flashbacks” to the past as a means of setting up a tone for what is happening in the present events in the movie. Even at this stage, it’s also likely that the script will undergo some changes, possibly significant ones, so that what WE eventually will see in theaters(or not, depending for me on how things progress)will be quite different from that which was recently screened for a very select audience.

pitbulllady