Monsters Inc. 2?

Mcqueen&Sally- Yeah, don’t worry too much. I mean, I completely agree with

you- I’d do pretty much anything for a Monsters, Inc. 2. I really would. :laughing:

THANK YOU!!!

Everyone makes good points on

whether to or not to do a sequel…

Personally I don’t care really. Either way I’m going to make sure

that there is a sequel. Whether on the production crew myself or not.

Nexas- Making our own MI sequel- now THAT’S what we need! :laughing:

What do

you mean?

I think that means he was on the production crew…

:wink:

He’s my age though :confused: I don’t think he means

that.

[b]Ectoplasmicblobbything

[/b] - You should pm him…

Alright…long time, no post, so it’s about time I waded in on this.

As most of you know, I’m one of

those who really would like to see a M.I.2, though it’s primarily to find out what

became of MY favorite character, Randall. While no movie really NEEDS a sequel, there is enough to cover for one

in the case of the original M.I.. It could definately be done, but unfortunately,

by the time that Pixar gets around to it, most of the people who remember the original and its characters will

have forgotten them, and lost all interest in the movie. Unlike the Toy Story

characters, or those from the more recent Pixar movies, we aren’t exposed to the [i]Monsters,

Inc.[/i] characters. Even a couple of years ago, most of the students I teach had not seen the movie,

and had no idea who the characters were. At that time, many of the students thought that Randall(I’ve got some

fanart, both 2 and 3-D, in my room, that I made)was one of the “Experiments” from the "Lilo and

Stitch" tv show. Now, they think he’s a character from “Foster’s Home For Imaginary Friends”!

Monsters, Inc. has been largely forgotten.

I for one will not be satisfied

with fan-made “movies”. As far as I’m concerned, that’s no different from fanfiction. Anyone and

everyone can create their own stories about what happened to their favorite character after the events of the

movie, but I want canon. On the topic of canon, though, a recent poster on IMDb mentioned something I hadn’t

really thought of: video games. Jess Winfield, who directed the “Lilo and Stitch” tv show, told us on

the now-defunct TVTome.com forum that as far as Disney and its subsidiaries were concerned, the

officially-produced and authorized video games based on their movies WERE considered canon. In the game,

“Scream Arena”, which takes place AFTER the events of Monsters, Inc.,

Randall is back in the Monster World, AND he’s working at the factory again. This must indicate that he

survived and made it back home, that he avoided legal prosecution/sentencing(probably by turning State’s Witness

against Waternoose), and that he and Sulley have at least arrived at some sort of understanding and acceptance of

each other, though it might be a stretch to say that they’re friends.

pitbulllady

Lizard Girl
There was once a time where I had the resources to do just that.

However…an encounter with a rather serious virus erased the program that I was

using…

Ecto
For one, you don’t, should not, know my age…then again I

suppose not to mind…

Alas, I am not on the production crew. I will be though…give or take a year or

so…

You asked…what I meant? What I meant why that through any way I would see a sequel made?
I

will say this…it’s because of a promise I made…

Actually if I recall I directed you to the consideration of the Games Pitbulllady…

Ecto
For one, you don’t, should not, know my age…then again I suppose

not to mind…

Alas, I am not on the production crew. I will be though…give or take a year or

so…

You asked…what I meant? What I meant why that through any way I would see a sequel made?
I

will say this…it’s because of a promise I made…
[/quote]

Actually, it’s not so odd that I know your

age: Pittbulllady congradulated you on graduateing high school AGES ago at BB remember? That leads me to believe

you are 18 give or take. :unamused: My age.

Actually, it’s not so odd that I know your age: Pittbulllady congradulated

you on graduateing high school AGES ago at BB remember? That leads me to believe you are 18 give or take. :unamused:

My age.
[/quote]

Actually, that was only last spring that he graduated, not quite “ages ago”,

lol! But yeah, you’re pretty much in the ballpark on the age thing.

pitbulllady

Actually, that was only last spring that he graduated, not quite "ages

ago", lol! But yeah, you’re pretty much in the ballpark on the age

thing.

pitbulllady
[/quote]

Hehe, yeah last spring SEEMS like ages ago to me :laughing: Times been

crawling in my world. I feel like a hamster on ze’ wheel.

Wow…never thought I’d say this…but you guys are goin

OT heh…

Just found this

randomly.

brainyquote.com/quotes/quote … 62296.html

JesusFreak - Welp, that seems to clear that up! At least, for the moment it

does… (snigger)

Thanks for the link! :wink:

Oh boy, that will bog

down hopes for those who want one.

Yea, but that depends on how long ago this was said, based on other quotes related to the movie, it seems like

it was said around it’s time of release. Who knows… :mrgreen:

That quote was actually made several years ago, about two years after the

movie’s release, and LONG before the current Disney/Pixar merger, LONG before Bob Iger becoming CEO of Disney

and John Lasseter becoming head of Disney/Pixar Feature Animation. It cannot, therefore, be taken within any

context of today’s current situation or relationship between the two studios. It’s an old quote, made at a

time when it would have been IMPOSSIBLE for Pixar to have made a sequel to ANY of their own movies, since at that

time, Disney and Michael Eisner owned all of the Pixar characters. I guess it’s MY turn to (snigger)now, isn’t

it?

pitbulllady