Pixfan and

pitbulllady - Heh… I forgot about that. sweats :blush:

Strange…my reply wasn’t there…

Nexas- I think you accidentally put it in Pitbulllady’s original

quote. :laughing:

Heh…then I quote myself in what I

said heh.

All I know is, I would love to find out what happened to

Randall after the first movie. Does he survive, if so, does he get out of the human world? I love Randall and

hated the cliffhanger at the end of MI.

Oh well, I will probably never find out. Back to the realm of

fanfiction!

True, and there is imagination. We can always imagine

the endless possibilities of what coukd’ve happened next.

Well for one, yes he is alive.
I’m sure nobody would want to think of

the “hero” Sullivan as a murderer…

Well, it was kind of cold the way Sully threw Randall through the door even though the poor guy was

screaming “No No Please Please!” That always bothered me. I mean, Sully could’ve shown a little

mercy…

Shows who’s a villain doesn’t it.

BorntothePurple: But you have to admit, Sulley did the right thing. Randal would’ve

continued with his evil scheme with Waternoose. I felt Sorry for randal but I think he got what he deserved.

[quote="The Star

Swordsman"]
BorntothePurple: But you have to admit, Sulley did the right thing. Randal would’ve continued with

his evil scheme with Waternoose. I felt Sorry for randal but I think he got what he

deserved.
[/quote]

Hahaha…ahh…ignorance in such matters. Surely you meant to switch Randall

and Waternoose in that second sentence of yours to make it right.

Yeah, but couldn’t he have done something else? I

mean, for all Sully knew, Randall could’ve been sent straight to Antarctica, where he would have died in minutes

(him being cold-blooded and all) Maybe Sully could just have turned Randall in after exposing Waternoose. I’m

sure there could have been some alternative.

It kind of bothers me that a hero would hurt someone who is

begging for mercy. Maybe that’s just me.

For one the door was random mostly, or if it was picked out, it

was ironic, but given these two it was their lucky day…
As for why they did it, Sullivan was encouraged

by Wazowski to do it. Not to mention the two were too idiotic to even stop for a moment. Though in all fairness,

Randall was as well during the chase…rather…“return”.

BorntothePurple- I hate to be nit-picky, but Randall isn’t actually cold-blooded,

for if he were cold-blooded, some issues would arise such as when Randall opens the door to the Himalayas for

Waternoose to push Mike and Sulley through, Randall is exposed to a very cold blast of air that, if he were

cold-blooded, would send him into some kind of hypothermic shock. But you’re very right in implying that Randall

wouldn’t have been able to deal with the cold well, if at all!

And I completely agree with you that

Sullivan did the wrong thing banishing Randall. I mean, when Sulley had Randall in his grip, it’s not as though

Randall could’ve got away or anything! Sulley could easily have just handed Randall over to the CDA and would be

safe in the knowledge that Randall’s punishment would be what he deserved.

Also, banishment to the Human

World was also just plain stupid. I mean, how many times in the film do we see Mike and Sulley get ‘banished’

but then easily return like five minutes later? If the door that they chose to banish Randall in was random, it

could quite easily have been a door that led into a suburban neighbourhood, and Randall would be back without any

trouble at all!

[quote="The Star

Swordsman"]
BorntothePurple: But you have to admit, Sulley did the right thing. Randal would’ve continued with

his evil scheme with Waternoose. I felt Sorry for randal but I think he got what he

deserved.
[/quote]

I beg to differ, Star Swordsman. Vigilantism is NOT the "right

thing"; no one has the right to take the law into their own hands, not in any civilized country! Suppose

you and I were in the places of Randall and Sulley, respectively-you did something that was clearly wrong and

tried to harm me, but in the end, I get the better hand and have you under control. Now, by LAW, my

responsiblities would be to deliver you to the proper authorities, where your guilt and punishment could be

decided by the legal system, and where you would be entitled to legal representation and a fair trial, right?

Now, what if I decided to act as judge, jury and executioner myself, instead of turning you over to the justice

system, because I was mad and wanted to get even, so I haul you up to an interstate overpass and chuck you over

the edge into oncoming traffic, knowing fully well that you’re going to be killed in a most horrific way, either

that or you will at least be severely maimed and suffer pain and crippling disability for the rest of your life.

Now, according to YOU, yourself, this is fine and dandy, and in doing that to you, I’m doing the "right

thing", correct? If YOU did something illegal, or you’re saying that YOU should not have any rights

whatsoever to a trial, to a legal defense, or even to have YOUR side of the situation told, right? If you tried

to harm me, I myself should kill you, NOT in self-defense, because the scenario I described would take place

AFTER the conflict, AFTER I’d neutralized whatever actual threat to me you posed, and you were no longer in any

position to hurt me or anyone else, but after that fact, because I was angry and wanted revenge on you-and this

is OK? Do you yourself practice vigilante “justice”, going after anyone who has wronged you and

extracting your own brand of revenge, instead of taking it up with proper legal channels? That’s what Sulley

did, so if it’s right for him, it’s right for anyone else, correct?

pitbulllady

Sulley and Mike knew perfectly well where

that door would lead to, since Mike was in charge of knowing where doors led to as part of HIS job. They knew it

led to Louisiana, where people EAT alligators and other “reptiles”, and aren’t afraid of large, toothy

creatures, so they had little doubt that Randall would most likely die a horrible, brutal death there. They just

had this incorrect notion that if they didn’t kill himself themselves with their own hands, they would somehow

be absolved in his death. Obviously neither of them is familiar with the concept of Second-Degree Murder. Read

my response to Star Swordsman’s claim that Sulley “did the right thing” in taking the law into his own

hands, and compare the situation I described, of ME taking someone and pushing them from an interstate overpass

into traffic because they’d done something wrong to me, and see if you think it would be right to do

so.

As for Randall being a “reptile” or “cold-blooded”, let me assure you he’s NOT.

I breed reptiles, primarily snakes, as a hobby. I have a Biology degree. I KNOW reptiles. No cold-blooded

animal is capable of carrying out the physical demands that Randall is. Reptiles have inefficient

cardio-pulmonary systems, with a three-chambered heart that cannot keep up with the demands for oxygen under such

strenuous and sustained physical activity. In probably less than 10 minutes, a reptile’s blood would be flooded

with dangerous levels of lactic acid due to such activities, and it will start to go into shock, becoming

lethargic and weak. Furthermore, since they have a body temperature that quickly assumes the temperature of

their surroundings, even those few seconds spent standing directly in front of the door to the Himalayas would

have thrown Randall into probably irreversable thermal shock, if he’d been cold-blooded, either rendering him

unconcious or immobile, or dead. And what company is going to hire an employee who MUST spend up to half of each

year ASLEEP? Randall would never have been able to get to where he did on the Scare Board, let alone accomplish

building that machine for his boss, if he had to take off from November through April of each year to hibernate!

There’s a website, which is still up but no longer maintained, which has probably the most extensive Randall

screen-grabs out there, and in one screen grab, as he’s practicing in front of the different screens, he’s

taken a deep breath, and you can make out his rib cage and a muscular diaphram for breathing, and reptiles do not

have this feature to move air and in and out of their lungs, so they can only breathe by expanding their ribs in

and out, laterally, which is not very efficient at moving air. Although Randall LOOKS superficially reptilian on

the outside, from a biological standpoint, he’s probably much more like a mammal on the

inside.

pitbulllady

The ONLY reason that Mike and Sulley were

able to return from their repeated forays through the Human World in the Door Vault Scene is due to ALL of the

doors in the factory, and their corresponding closet doors in the Human World, had been simultaneously activated

by Boo’s laughter and screams. When they got banished to the Himalayas, Sulley made it back by following the

sounds of children screaming in the village, but keep in mind that this is a part of the world where there is

very little noise from things like cars, trucks, air conditioners, generators, televisions, stereos, etc., and

where superstition leads to children being easily frightened, where all of the homes are very close together, and

where few people are going to carry or own firearms. It would have been pretty easy for Sulley or Mike to here

the first scream of a child and make it to that house, and just stroll right in through the unlocked door and

make their way to the closet before the Scarer left. Even the adults would probably have been too scared to

challenge them, given the wide belief in demons in Buddism. Randall, on the other hand, was thrown into a part

of the world that is full of noise, full of violence, and where most, if not all, adult humans have a gun at

their disposal, as do a lot of the kids! He was thrown into a part of the world where crime is rampant, and

people keep their house doors locked at night, and have burglar alarms and dogs and such. On top of that, he was

thrown into a part of the world where it’s commonplace to kill and eat large, reptilian creatures, not fear

them, and the doors were inactivated in the factory. By the time they were activated again by Boo’s laughter,

Randall would have either already been dead, or at least badly injured to the point where he would not have been

able to make it back, plus that door in the factory had been destroyed for "good

measure".

pitbulllady

claps
As always an extensive and informative piece

Pitbulllady :slight_smile:

Yes, extensive, but not really referring to the point I originally made.

Pitbulllady- I realise that Randall was thrown into a part of the Human World which wasn’t ideal, to say the least, but my point was that if the choosing of the door was random, he could’ve been thrown into a place where there was an easier access to doors. Even without all of the doors being activated at once, Randall could easily just go into a child’s home and wait for the door to be used.

The reason I make this point is that it’s yet another reason why it seems a bit silly for Mike and Sulley to have banished Randall instead of handing him over to the CDA, and yet they still went for the risky option (though, in their case, they were lucky and it paid off).