Monsters, Inc. 2!

I’m hoping so! But you never know. He returned for TS, but Micahel G. is doing Cars 2. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Actually, I found the first one a little dark. Not only did it involve doing something to a kid that would most likely kill her, but Sulley’s discovery about humans can really make you wonder why the CDA would still perpetuate the myth.

Nonetheless, I myself would prefer something a little darker. If Randall DOES return (and I’m led to believe so, given how much M.I. stuff invloves him), then if some of it is in his point of view, I’d imagine it would be dark already, whether they portray him as nothing short of evil or just a victim of society.

M.I. was more dark in some unintentional ways as well as the intentional like in relation to the consequences of a human child being viewed as a mere toxic animal, or simply just as an animal. (In the unintentional case of darkness: the CDA ). This of course just makes things all the more interesting though, even if it wasn’t what the creators initially had in mind.

Still it would be great to me if they explored this area and really showed the CDA as either incredibly dark grey antagonists or even protaganists. But that the creators really showed this more intentionally to the audience. The CDA has great potential as being an area of difficulty for Sulley in a variety of ways.

When I really like a character, I like to see them hit rock bottom before they get a happy ending though.

I really don’t want it to bge darker than the original. As dark, fine. But not more. I’m not wanting this movie to be another Up(or TS3 :open_mouth: ). If it ws too serious, like TS3, I’d probably obsess over another company for a while.

Well, when I said dark, I meant dark in an angsty kind of way, as opposed to the kind of dark covered in TS3. :confused:

Oh, okay. I still want it to be a comedy, though. More along the lines of Ratatouille, with a good heart, but still funny. If you take yourself too seriously, it’s that much harder for others to take you seriously.

While on Wikipedia, I found what looks to be a poster of the film. However, it’s possibly fake, since the renders were used to promote the first film and that posters for films usually aren’t seen 2 years before it’s release:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e … _inc_2.jpg

What do you think? Fan-made?

Yep, I remember that being posted a while ago, I’m pretty sure it’s fan made. It’s much too early for poster releases. We haven’t even seen Brave one yet (only the logo)

I’m thinking it’s fan-made.

1. Pixar has made a lot more movies then just Toy Story, you’d think they’d have at least one more movie title in there. Plus, in almost all the other MI posters, the same “From the Sreators of Toy Story” thing is on there.
  2. I did a search, and I found this poster:

Someone who’s good at Photoshop or something like that probably wouldn’t have had too much trouble editing this. Mike has the same face, just reversed covered by the 2, and Sully’s face is just reversed.

Well, either way, it’s still a cute little call-back to the original. :laughing:

Yeah. :slight_smile:

This poster was actually brought up months ago on another forum, where the picture originated from. It is fan-made. Very convincing. But no this isn’t an official teaser.
Think Pixar would be a bit more creative than a simple re-hashing.

I think that it should be the official one though, that would be awesome.

I really hope the official poster looks like that one. It’s a really funny concept (though some people probably won’t understand it :stuck_out_tongue:)

Yeah, I do like it a lot.

Anyone else notice the fact that it says “Walt Disney Pictures presents A PIXAR Film” and not “Disney•PIXAR”? Lol. But yeah, if Pixar does do something like that, it’d be an awesome concept. :stuck_out_tongue:

I found this. imdb.com/title/tt1453405/ Do you think it’s real?

We’ve all known about this for weeks. The only incorrect thing they have listed is a voice for Boo, who isn’t going to be in the prequel.

Yeah, you’re right. I was hoping it was going to be a sequel instead of a prequel. :frowning:

Well it seems as though Monsters Inc 2 is going to be a prequel called “Monsters University”. Sounds good enough, altough I can’t decide if it’s better or worse idea. Pixar have never done a prequel as well. It’s also been pushed a year later:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsters,_Inc.#Prequel

Your thoughts?